Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:49 PM

2 posts, read 6,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2771 View Post
I live in mastic beach, I'm a couple blocks away from neighborhood road and the crime is bad, a lot of drugs out here. Everyday I see someone getting arrested of searched by an undercover cop. I'm just sayin this might not be the best place to come out to.
Police are pulling over the wrong people...I lived in Mastic/Shirley since I was 12 years old now 38...Haveing a black husband and mixed children I get pulled over all the time if there boy friends are in the car or if where going to the park to play ball...Or just going to get ice cream....Haveing two teen by-racial girls I have met all the good and the bad and the ugly..
Im tired of the cops looking at me like Im the crack head...When the drug dealer drives down the road all day long not getting pulled over because there under investigation with the nargcotics and for what ever other reason.There car is nice with rims, and mine might have a dent and dont look as good so Im considerd doing something wrong.. Yes I see single moms getting pulled over for going to the store to buy groceries and the drug dealer driving right on buy...Or walking down the street, the drug dealers are the under covers...Not the police...It is not hurd to tell what houses are the hang out spots..Meanning drug houses...These little young boys goto jail and get right back out...And when they get out they are now belonging to the blood gang...Because in jail they have to survive so they have enough time in jail to decide who and how there going to rob the next victim when they get out....And they stick togeher so now instead of one Blood in Mastic now theres 2-now 3-now 1200...Whats is wrong with the 7th precinct...I myself had told dectectives about curtan crimes...Murder,drugs, and they go arrest some black kid that didnt even do the crime...Its sad...And Riverhead has its own police department so all the drug dealers from riverhead come to mastic to make money and go home,or have a home out in mastic to hang for a couple of nights. And crack up all these little kids moms and dads out here in mastic...Police set up victims every day they need to start with these drug dealer all at once...Stop playing the stupid game people are getting hurt..If I know they know...Oh and the rapist out in Mastic/Shirley, are unbelievable there are so many its crazy you got to have a gun...Just incase....This is a horrible place to live...!!!! There is no question in my mind...But my child will graduate soon and we will be moving out...The school even had a shoot out where this boy got shot from some kids from Riverhead this year...CROSS FIRE... Sorry didnt mean to ramble on I just know that these towns need more alot more police with DOGS....We signed this petition for police on nieghborhood road buy the fire house but where are they...??? The officer that we have are good....Not great...!!!
The park police pull over more of the bad people then the town police..
There should be alot more patrol in Mastic beach down these side road then there is...!!!! Not these cops just sitting at the fire departments waiting for a accident to happen...Come on is that why you pay for taxes not me...I want something more...!!!! Lets do something right,so nice people can move here and we can have nieghbors with MORALS thats all we want MORALS>>>!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 11:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-1cellphones View Post
Yes Shirley sucks! Not a good town to raise children in. Yes not all the people are bad but there is a good amount. You can say what you want but its not a good town. That is why they built that new police station there. Please what ever you do dont go to the Indian Reservation you will most likely get shot. My parents even thought it was a bad place to live, but when they bought the house in 1974 it wasnt that bad. I know for a fact in the 80's and 90's it was bad!
Let me tell you most parents dont know there kids are taking drugs untill its to late.
Life is so much better out of New York this is a big country! Talk about a culture shock even the people are much nicer out of Long Island !
The reservation is not the problem...WOW...How people judge the black race...I lived in Mastic 20+ years and there is more shooting and killing and robbery in Shirley...People do not shoot people on the res...WOW...!!!LOL

Old 06-04-2009, 07:54 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,329,800 times
I didn't read through this entire thread because I already know how it went.
However, up until now I thought I was a responsible, hard working individual that earns a pretty good living. This is obviously not the case because I grew up in N Shirley!
Wow, I had no idea my life was so bad.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:45 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,313,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I didn't read through this entire thread because I already know how it went.
However, up until now I thought I was a responsible, hard working individual that earns a pretty good living. This is obviously not the case because I grew up in N Shirley!
Wow, I had no idea my life was so bad.
Now that you're finally realizing it, did you remember all the shooting you did as well as dealing in drugs? Or was that just a phase you were going through when you were 3 months old.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Now that you're finally realizing it, did you remember all the shooting you did as well as dealing in drugs? Or was that just a phase you were going through when you were 3 months old.

Ah yes, I remember going "Shopping" with Mom. We stole everything. Seems like only yesterday Mom was stuffing frozen chicken down my pants. Beautiful memories.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:55 AM

This thread started in 2006! Do you realize at least half the original posters must be dead by now from gun crime and drug overdoses?
I'd guess most posters that haven't been here in a while were killed in a Shirley crime spree.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:30 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,415,823 times
ME TOO! all my friends were gang bangers and kid touchers. Whew glad we got out of there alive!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:58 PM

999 posts, read 2,350,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-eye View Post
Police are pulling over the wrong people...I lived in Mastic/Shirley since I was 12 years old now 38...

Well then tell them who to pull over....or give them names...or plate #'s and car descriptions...

Quote:
we want MORALS>>>!!!!!
You can want morals, but if you don't learn and act on them, then you have no morals.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:51 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,572,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-eye View Post
Police are pulling over the wrong people...I lived in Mastic/Shirley since I was 12 years old now 38...Haveing a black husband and mixed children I get pulled over all the time if there boy friends are in the car or if where going to the park to play ball...Or just going to get ice cream....Haveing two teen by-racial girls I have met all the good and the bad and the ugly..
Im tired of the cops looking at me like Im the crack head...When the drug dealer drives down the road all day long not getting pulled over because there under investigation with the nargcotics and for what ever other reason.There car is nice with rims, and mine might have a dent and dont look as good so Im considerd doing something wrong.. Yes I see single moms getting pulled over for going to the store to buy groceries and the drug dealer driving right on buy...Or walking down the street, the drug dealers are the under covers...Not the police...It is not hurd to tell what houses are the hang out spots..Meanning drug houses...These little young boys goto jail and get right back out...And when they get out they are now belonging to the blood gang...Because in jail they have to survive so they have enough time in jail to decide who and how there going to rob the next victim when they get out....And they stick togeher so now instead of one Blood in Mastic now theres 2-now 3-now 1200...Whats is wrong with the 7th precinct...I myself had told dectectives about curtan crimes...Murder,drugs, and they go arrest some black kid that didnt even do the crime...Its sad...And Riverhead has its own police department so all the drug dealers from riverhead come to mastic to make money and go home,or have a home out in mastic to hang for a couple of nights. And crack up all these little kids moms and dads out here in mastic...Police set up victims every day they need to start with these drug dealer all at once...Stop playing the stupid game people are getting hurt..If I know they know...Oh and the rapist out in Mastic/Shirley, are unbelievable there are so many its crazy you got to have a gun...Just incase....This is a horrible place to live...!!!! There is no question in my mind...But my child will graduate soon and we will be moving out...The school even had a shoot out where this boy got shot from some kids from Riverhead this year...CROSS FIRE... Sorry didnt mean to ramble on I just know that these towns need more alot more police with DOGS....We signed this petition for police on nieghborhood road buy the fire house but where are they...??? The officer that we have are good....Not great...!!!
The park police pull over more of the bad people then the town police..
There should be alot more patrol in Mastic beach down these side road then there is...!!!! Not these cops just sitting at the fire departments waiting for a accident to happen...Come on is that why you pay for taxes not me...I want something more...!!!! Lets do something right,so nice people can move here and we can have nieghbors with MORALS thats all we want MORALS>>>!!!!!
The natives have spoken. Hope this clears things up a bit.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
The natives have spoken. Hope this clears things up a bit.

Yup, there are 1200 "Bloods" living in Mastic. They hang out in a tree fort and sing songs together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island