U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-05-2009, 08:48 AM
 
3 posts, read 7,555 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
One day, when you understand the difference between Massapequa, North Massapequa, Massapequa Park and, especially, East Massapequa, you'll understand why I post this detailed geographic information




Actually, the OP made a statement that he was looking at a home in the Village of Masspequa Park, which may or may not be correct, as a home having a "Massapequa Park, NY 11762" mailing address may not actually be in the Village of Massapequa Park.
Thank you to everyone who replied! I truly appreciate that. We are looking at a home that is definitely located in the Incorporated Village of Massapequa Park, because as you drive from Sunset Highway I believe there is a sign under the train/RR that you're entering the Incorporated Village of Massapequa park.

And yes, I do want to know if there are jews living there, not religion wise but ethnically. I understand how it may be confusing in America, but in other country's if you're talking about someone being jewish it has nothing to do with their religion but rather their nationality.

It's nice to know that there's a mix of different nationalities living in Massapequa, but since I'm jewish I don't want to end up living in a place where people will not welcome me, because I'm Jewish. (those who are jewish will understand where I'm coming from).

Anyway, Thanks to everyone for all your replies! Truly appreciated!

 
Old 08-05-2009, 11:27 AM
 
9,343 posts, read 16,929,214 times
Reputation: 4224
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingfrombrooklyn View Post
We are looking at a home that is definitely located in the Incorporated Village of Massapequa Park, because as you drive from Sunset Highway I believe there is a sign under the train/RR that you're entering the Incorporated Village of Massapequa park.
Sunrise, sunset,
Sunrise, sunset

Bubbella, it's Sunrise Highway and, Bubbella, signs, shmigns, the only sure way to be certain that the house is in the Village of Massapequa Park (it's not necessary to say, "Incorporated Village", because, by NYS definition, a village is a municipal corporation and ""Incorporated Village" would mean an incorporated-corporation and, secondly, there is no such entity as an "Unincorporated Village"), is to ask the homeowner to show you his property tax bill.

Pending seeing the property tax bill, you can you can find out in which community (city, village or CDP) that a house is actually located, which is oftentimes different from the community named in that house's mailing address, by using the Census Bureau's online address search function. (CDP or Census Designated Place is the Census Bureau equivalent for a hamlet in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.)



Quote:
Originally Posted by movingfrombrooklyn View Post
It's nice to know that there's a mix of different nationalities living in Massapequa, but since I'm jewish I don't want to end up living in a place where people will not welcome me, because I'm Jewish. (those who are jewish will understand where I'm coming from).
Jews, especially secular Jews, are welcome, or, at least, tolerated, in most villages and hamlets on Lawn Guyland.
 
Old 08-05-2009, 01:17 PM
YBF
 
Location: Atlanta, Ga
1,260 posts, read 2,115,932 times
Reputation: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Now, for the "why" I posted the geographic information, it is highly likely that the OP, coming from outside the area, would not be familiar with the fact that a place can have a "Massapequa Park, NY 11762" mailing address and not be in the Village of Massapequa Park and there is a difference between having a "Massapequa Park, NY 11762" mailing address and actually being in the Village of Massapequa Park.
None of that really matters its not like Massapequa is as big a brooklyn...its a blip on the map so the differences in zips really dont mean anything its still the massapequa area
 
Old 08-05-2009, 02:05 PM
 
9,343 posts, read 16,929,214 times
Reputation: 4224
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
None of that really matters its not like Massapequa is as big a brooklyn...its a blip on the map so the differences in zips really dont mean anything its still the massapequa area

With the EXCEPTION that Massapequa Park is a self-governing municipality in the Town of Oyster Bay while Massapequa, North Massapequa, Plainedge and East Massapequa, none of which are coterminous with a same-named ZIP Code postal zone, are hamlets that are governed at-large by the Town of Oyster Bay.
 
Old 08-05-2009, 02:21 PM
YBF
 
Location: Atlanta, Ga
1,260 posts, read 2,115,932 times
Reputation: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
With the EXCEPTION that Massapequa Park is a self-governing municipality in the Town of Oyster Bay while Massapequa, North Massapequa, Plainedge and East Massapequa, none of which are coterminous with a same-named ZIP Code postal zone, are hamlets that are governed at-large by the Town of Oyster Bay.
But who cares? Are there Jewish ppl in the area(s) yes. Its only right down the street from each other....its all the same ish...when you are driving from one place to another to you recognize that you are in a different zip code...no!!!!!
 
Old 08-05-2009, 02:28 PM
 
3,226 posts, read 3,800,369 times
Reputation: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
But who cares? Are there Jewish ppl in the area(s) yes. Its only right down the street from each other....its all the same ish...when you are driving from one place to another to you recognize that you are in a different zip code...no!!!!!
wrong question...lol. He cares. He cares a lot. a better question is "why?"
 
Old 08-05-2009, 02:37 PM
 
9,343 posts, read 16,929,214 times
Reputation: 4224
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Are there Jewish ppl in the area(s) yes. Its only right down the street from each other....its all the same ish...
There are Torah observant Jews and non-observant, secular Jews, and it's not all the same to either group.


Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
when you are driving from one place to another to you recognize that you are in a different zip code...no!!!!!
If I'm driving in my car by a house with a "Massapequa Park, NY 11762" mailing address but that house is not in the Village of Massapequa Park, where is my car at that instant in time?
 
Old 08-05-2009, 03:33 PM
YBF
 
Location: Atlanta, Ga
1,260 posts, read 2,115,932 times
Reputation: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
There are Torah observant Jews and non-observant, secular Jews, and it's not all the same to either group.




If I'm driving in my car by a house with a "Massapequa Park, NY 11762" mailing address but that house is not in the Village of Massapequa Park, where is my car at that instant in time?
OMG youre killing me!!!!!!!!!!!! Massapequa is a small dot on the map of LI or NY or the USA for that matter WHY does it matter if it will take you less than 10 minutes to get from one end to the other??????? get over it already.........
 
Old 08-10-2009, 09:21 AM
 
14 posts, read 32,332 times
Reputation: 12
Default Temples in Massapequa

There are temples in Massapequa on Jerusalem and down towards the water. As far as the Inc Village of Mass Park goes, I would say it mostly Irish and Italian. You will find more Jewish folks living down in Bar Harbor and Biltmore Shores (and the houses jump up in cost). Good luck to you!
 
Old 08-10-2009, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
13,902 posts, read 16,518,508 times
Reputation: 4693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I dont doubt it at all.

Their little area is very Blue Collar ...and its really awesome.
(A stones throw from the All American burger too )

Bridgehamton isnt the best example since its really second homes for the mega rich.

Poquott is Upscale
Massapequa is not.

Besides were way OT.


Crooks
Poquott all depends....New or Old.... Old Poquott is my favorite; smaller, rustic homes which harken back to the old summer colonies as opposed to New Poquott's McMansions.

Bringing it back OT, parts of Massapequa are like that and no matter where in in Massapequa there is a decent Jewish population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top