Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:01 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
But who cares? Are there Jewish ppl in the area(s) yes. Its only right down the street from each other....its all the same ish...when you are driving from one place to another to you recognize that you are in a different zip code...no!!!!!
Out of curiosity -- it you're in GA, what does it matter to you what a person from Brooklyn, NY is looking for in Massapequa, NY?

When you live in Massapequa, you become aware of the zip codes/boundaries. After umpteen years of living there, I knew where the 11762 was vs 11758.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:12 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Out of curiosity -- it you're in GA, what does it matter to you what a person from Brooklyn, NY is looking for in Massapequa, NY?

When you live in Massapequa, you become aware of the zip codes/boundaries. After umpteen years of living there, I knew where the 11762 was vs 11758.
LMAO because I live in GA means I dont know anythign about Massapequa? Look up my posts....you will clearly see that I am from NY...born and raised in Amityville to be exact so yea I feel that I can comment on a question about Massapequa...After 20 something so odd years of living in the area I know that zipcode boundaries really dont matter....Massapequa is only but so big

Old 08-11-2009, 01:33 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
LMAO because I live in GA means I dont know anythign about Massapequa? Look up my posts....you will clearly see that I am from NY...born and raised in Amityville to be exact so yea I feel that I can comment on a question about Massapequa...After 20 something so odd years of living in the area I know that zipcode boundaries really dont matter....Massapequa is only but so big

Amityville is not Massapequa.

Lately people from Amityville get bent if non Amityville people comment about it, but they find it acceptable to comment about places where they aren't from.

Reviewing your posts, you have a lot to say about many areas. You must really get around.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:52 PM
YBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Amityville is not Massapequa.

Lately people from Amityville get bent if non Amityville people comment about it, but they find it acceptable to comment about places where they aren't from.

Reviewing your posts, you have a lot to say about many areas. You must really get around.
Sorry knowing alot about places outside my 3 block radius...Please get over yourself...I have commented on the Amityville post as well...did you see that? But this isnt about Amityville...because I live in GA or I am from Amityville that means I know nothing about Massapequa...yeah that makes alot of sense FYI Amityville and Massapequa are neighboring towns in case you havent gotten outside of your area to know

I stand by my posts now please go read a book and get some knowledge of your own

Old 08-11-2009, 03:41 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Quote:
FYI Amityville and Massapequa are neighboring towns in case you havent gotten outside of your area to know
Amityville is a village in the Town of Babylon and Massapequa is a hamlet in the Town of Oyster Bay, and, from east-to-west, the Village of Amityville and the Hamlet of Massapequa are separated by the Hamlet of East Massapequa and the Village of Massapequa Park in the Town of Oyster Bay, Nassau County.

Quote:
I stand by my posts now please go read a book and get some knowledge of your own
That's rich coming from someone who does not know the difference between towns and villages and hamlets and denies that, according to the official map of Nassau County as maintained by the Nassau County Planning Commission, the Hamlet of Massapequa, the Hamlet of North Massapequa, the Village of Massapequa and the Hamlet of East Massapequa, as well as the Hamlet of Plainedge, are separate communities in the Town of Oyster Bay, Nassau County.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:00 PM
YBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Amityville is a village in the Town of Babylon and Massapequa is a hamlet in the Town of Oyster Bay, and, from east-to-west, the Village of Amityville and the Hamlet of Massapequa are separated by the Hamlet of East Massapequa and the Village of Massapequa Park in the Town of Oyster Bay, Nassau County.

That's rich coming from someone who does not know the difference between towns and villages and hamlets and denies that, according to the official map of Nassau County as maintained by the Nassau County Planning Commission, the Hamlet of Massapequa, the Hamlet of North Massapequa, the Village of Massapequa and the Hamlet of East Massapequa, as well as the Hamlet of Plainedge, are separate communities in the Town of Oyster Bay, Nassau County.
All you want to talk about is maps.......the difference between zipcodes hamlets, towns, villages dont really matter to me. Because honestly who has time to spell out excatly what and where something is.....so to me if I say Amityville I am talking about the Village, Hamlet, N Amityville, the whole shebang that goes the same for Massapequa...the village E Mass.....whatever. Im sorry Im not techincal enough for you two....Ill be sure to pull out the map and tell where exactly I am referring to in my next post. But nothing that either of you post takes away from the fact that NOBODY but you two care!!!!!!!!!! Get a life...or better yet take your map and shove it....LMAO

Old 08-11-2009, 05:24 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Quote:
All you want to talk about is maps.......the difference between zipcodes hamlets, towns, villages dont really matter to me. Because honestly who has time to spell out excatly what and where something is.....so to me if I say Amityville I am talking about the Village, Hamlet, N Amityville, the whole shebang that goes the same for Massapequa...the village E Mass.....whatever. Im sorry Im not techincal enough for you two....Ill be sure to pull out the map and tell where exactly I am referring to in my next post. But nothing that either of you post takes away from the fact that NOBODY but you two care!!!!!!!!!! Get a life...or better yet take your map and shove it....LMAO

If you are a graduate of the Amityville Union Free School District, and if I were you, I would seriously consider suing the Amityville Union Free School District for failure to educate.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:55 PM
YBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
If you are a graduate of the Amityville Union Free School District, and if I were you, I would seriously consider suing the Amityville Union Free School District for failure to educate.

Guess what I didnt go to "Amityville Union Free School District" but thanks for the free legal advice Moderator cut: language removed

FYI this thread isnt about me or my education...it is (or was)about Jews Massapequa so try and still to the topic thats if you can wrap your brain around something other than a map

Old 08-11-2009, 06:28 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
Thread closed for mod review.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island