U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-05-2009, 10:48 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,480,746 times

Advertisements

Its why I dont miss News 12 or Newsday. They seem to forget that these guys dont belong here in the 1st place! Why should I like people who break the law and spread disease around?
I'm glad Steve Levy still wants to see illegals deported. What happens to him happens to me as well, you see it right here, me being called racist because I dont like seeing illegals loitering on our streets.
I guess the fine folks who work at Newsday dont have to deal with groups of beligerant, drunk illegals loitering on the streets and invading their towns, perhaps because they live in gated communities where illegals are only allowed in to do the lawns and construction.
Now Mr.Levy needs to bring this issue back to the center of attention so we can start cleaning up towns like Brentwood, CI, Riverhead, Huntington Station,etc. Newsday will spend more time talking about the rare murders of illegals by citizens, instead of the countless murders of citizens by illegals. Every day a citizen is hurt or killed by an illegal alien, either vehicular or homicide.
These ppl are savages. Let the folks in Newsday live in Huntington Station or Brentwood for a year, let them see the gang signs painted everywhere, let their wives and daughters be approached everyday by men trying to rape them. They wouldn't last a day.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
I asked someone, who felt so sorry for them and didn't want them to be deported so they could stay here and have a better life, to invite one of them to live in their home so they have a place to stay. They said no.

But they still feel sorry that they have to live and sleep in the woods.
Yup, that sounds like you're typical East Hills resident. They dont really feel sorry for them, they like being able to get their lawns done and house cleaned for cheap...just as long as they go back on the bus by 7pm.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boan View Post
Well, if all illegal immigrants were deported (not bloody likely) the restaurant, landscaping, and construction industries would collapse.
How did they survive before illegals? They hired citizens or imported workers LEGALLY.
The only ppl hurt if they are deported will be the rich, so they will be less rich, they'll still survive just fine.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I'm curious what the OP suggests Levy do about illegal immigrants on LI? Any suggestions about how he should handle it? Should he ignore it like so many past elected officials have or actually formulate a plan and implement it?
Or is the OP's negative opinion really just piling-on about Levy's position regarding the SCPD?
He should require SCPD to ask immigration status when arrested or detained, if illegal, they should be sent to INS. I think they may be doing this already at the jails.
Problem is INS doesn't always deport them. Also illegals should serve jail time before deportation, then they'd think twice about coming back.
There's an illegal down the street from me who raped a girl, he was deported, but he's back, living in the same place, and no one is doing anything about it.
Also Levy should have County Dept. of Labor investiage business to make sure they aren't hiring illegals. If they hire illegals, then the owner and persons involved should service jail time and pay a fine. Years ago ppl would get locked up for treason for this kind of stuff, now the worst they get is a slap on the wrist.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
If we want to complain about the illegals (which most of us are doing here) we need to make sure we can deport each and every one of them.... but what we really want to do here is just express hatred against them but secretly not want them deported, its nothing different than the person who has sympathy towards them but refuses to give them a place in their home.

This why I am saying we do not have a spine !
We wouldn't have to deport them if we threw the ppl that hire them in jail. Most of my anger is toward ENABLERS...the people that hire illegals. If the illegals couldn't get work and free health care, they'd go home. Look at places where tough enforcement of immigration laws, all the illegals just got up and left. Clean up the food off the floor and you wont have roaches.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:10 PM

2,846 posts, read 6,279,400 times
Here's a topic that has been covered hundreds of thousands of times....let me go over the typical arguments for and against so we can save some time and bandwith....

When my grandfather came here from Ireland/Sicily/Berlin/etc. he had a nickel in his pocket and didn't know the language but he adapted and was proud to become an American blahlbalhbah....

When your grandfather came to this country, immigration laws were likely nonexistant - or at the very least it was a hell of a lot cheaper and quicker to go through the process. You also might not be aware of this, but it's entirely possible that your ancestors were illegal immigrants and you just assumed they weren't. A few of my family members who came over from Ireland lived their whole lives here illegally, and it wasn't even that long ago.

I don't have a problem with legal immigrants, only these illegals who take advantage of us and get a free ride while the middle class blahlblahlbalh...

If the majority of the Hispanic illegal immigrants currently residing in the USA were to go through the process of becoming naturalized citizens, the majority of them earn such low wages that it would entitle them to BILLIONS of dollars in welfare, housing and healthcare coverage. Is that really what anyone wants? Taxes would skyrocket....and despite what you may have heard, emergency rooms can only take undocumented patients when it is a life-and-death emergency. These people aren't crowding up your local ER for flu shots...

The US should just close the border with Mexico and be done with it!!!!

A) Not gonna happen. B) So what? People will still get into the country illegally, just like they do now.

All of these damn illegals should be deported!!!

Not gonna happen either. Too costly, too impossible to find every single illegal immigrant (or even a fraction of all of them). Civil rights lawsuits out the wazoo from families living here legally being put through the deportation process...

At the very least they could learn the effing language I can't believe all these stores that pander to these god damn Hispanics blahlblah

There is NO OFFICIAL LANGUAGE for all the municipalities of Long Island, New York State or the United States of America. People are free to speak, communicate or advertise in any language they choose within this country.

All these illegals are dangerous, they are always raping women, loitering, shooting glock handguns, driving Chevy Impala lowriders, and other urban activities that make me uncomfortable blahlbalhlbah this is like a 3rd world country blahllalhlbah

I've asked many times, but no one has ever shown me statistics that support the theory that illegal immigrants are any more "dangerous" than natural born American citizens of similar socioeconomic status. Oh, but even if one person is killed by AN ILLEGAL it's too many, because they shouldn't be here at all....right? Pfft....whatever. Sounds like some vigilante nonsense that should be coming out of Rambo's mouth.

BTW, for anyone who is planning on taking matters into their own hands....I've mentioned it before, but I might as well mention it again --- a person's appearance, skin color, or "propensity for loitering" is absolutely no indication of what their citizenship status may be. To assume otherwise IS actually racist.

Personally, I just don't care about this issue at all. It will never effect me in any way whether there are 10 illegal immigrants or 100,000 illegal immigrants on LI. People are people as far as I'm concerned, there are several hundred factors that go into my opinion of them before I would ever get into caring about whether they were born in Tijuana or New Hyde Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island