U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 02:11 PM

3,538 posts, read 4,148,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Husband says mother in NY crash wasn't a drinker - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_wrong_way_crash - broken link)

Schuler's attorney, Dominic Barbara, said the 36-year-old Cablevision executive had diabetes, a suspicious bump on her leg and a mouth abscess that hadn't been treated for weeks before the deadly July 26 wreck.

Ah, so that explains it ALL!

The diabetes just makes it look like she smoked pot right before the accident because it made her blood sugar weird, so why wouldn't it make it look like she's been smoking pot too?

She must have used a lot of mouthwash to keep the mouth abscess clean, hence the alcohol level recorded in her blood.

And the "suspicious bump on the leg" is in case they discover vicodin and oxycontin in her blood because she needed a painkiller ... or thirty.
Must have been Listerine. That stuff is 90 proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 02:16 PM

3,110 posts, read 3,408,978 times
the more that comes out about this tragedy the less it makes sense to me.

somebody must know something.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:27 PM

165 posts, read 275,758 times
[LEFT]Husband says mother in NY crash wasn't a drinker [/LEFT]
Associated Press/AP Online

By FRANK ELTMAN
GARDEN CITY, N.Y. - The husband of a suburban New York mother who caused a car crash that killed her and seven others said Thursday she didn't have a drinking problem and suggested diabetes and other health problems were to blame.
"She was not a drinker. She was not an alcoholic," Daniel Schuler said at a tearful news conference with his sister and lawyer. "Something medically had to have happened."
Schuler's attorney, Dominic Barbara, said the 36-year-old Cablevision executive had diabetes, a suspicious bump on her leg and a mouth abscess that hadn't been treated for weeks before the deadly July 26 wreck.
"I think she had a stroke of some sort," Barbara said. "From the stroke came all the other issues."
Police say Schuler downed more than 10 vodkas and smoked marijuana before driving her minivan nearly two miles on the Taconic State Parkway and slamming head-on into a sport-utility vehicle. Her 2-year-old daughter and three nieces were killed with her, along with three men in the SUV. Schuler's 5-year-old son survived.
Her blood-alcohol level was more than twice the state's legal limit, and she had smoked pot as soon as 15 minutes before the crash, according to toxicology reports from the Westchester County medical examiner's office.
Daniel Schuler said that he never saw his wife drunk since he met her, and that the couple went through a normal routine on the Sunday before he last saw her at a campsite in upstate New York.
"She was fine," he said. "We had a cup of coffee in the morning, we packed the cars up like we always do and we headed out."
Daniel Schuler went fishing for the day, while Diane Schuler began a 140-mile trip home to Long Island with her kids and three nieces, ages 5 to 8. The fiery wreck happened about four hours after she left, and after motorists called 911 to report her erratic driving on several roads.
Barbara said a frequent baby sitter for the West Babylon couple never saw Schuler drink or smoke pot. Her sister-in-law also defended her.
"Family was the most important thing to her," said Joy Schuler, Daniel's sister. "There was no way she would ever jeopardize the children." The family has not decided whether to seek another autopsy for Schuler and is awaiting more information from the county's autopsy report, Barbara said. A service of YellowBrix, Inc. .

Old 08-06-2009, 02:31 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,124,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
My thoughts exactly..something set her off, she must have been unstable, add the weed..but how did she have a 1.7L bottle of absolut on a Sunday morning? It was just hanging around the campsite? Strange stuff.
On the New York Daily News forum some posters are speculating that her food (unknowingly) was spiked with alcohol by someone at the campground.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:52 PM

3,538 posts, read 4,148,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
On the New York Daily News forum some posters are speculating that her food (unknowingly) was spiked with alcohol by someone at the campground.
Enough to give her a .19 level? I don't think so.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:08 PM

3,110 posts, read 3,408,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
they're idiots. The timeline and the undigested alcohol in her stomach don't support this theory at all.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:18 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,124,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Enough to give her a .19 level? I don't think so.
Well, I didn't say I believed it

Old 08-06-2009, 07:18 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,556,493 times
she was drunk as hell and her husband is trying to avoid being sued for everything

Old 08-06-2009, 07:59 PM

163 posts, read 198,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
they're idiots. The timeline and the undigested alcohol in her stomach don't support this theory at all.
Wasn't the broken bottle found found at the crash site?

Maybe everyone who knew her was in denial...It figures she worked for Cablevision then...

Old 08-06-2009, 08:27 PM

13,487 posts, read 14,698,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Agreed, there are alot of things that the public is not being told. Heck, I wouldent be suprised if the State Police investigators working the case were just as shocked as we were when they got the tox report back.

For example, did her family know she was a pothead and a alcoholic? I can see the suicide theory but why bring the kids along as well? Why do it in such a public fashion killing your daughter, 3 nieces, 3 innocent people and severely injuring your son - would you just rather shoot/slash/hang yourself?

There's more to this story. And as I had written earlier on this thread -- it has to do with the husband. He lawyered up with Dominic Barbara -- known for ridiculous, high profile cases.

Have any autopsy results on the children been released?

I am thinking that the husband had a hand in this. Is it possible that they were pulled over somewhere, fought, and he forced her to drink? It's a great alibi that he was in a different vehicle, heading home to fish.

If I didn't feel well, I would try and reach my husband, despite his having to be somewhere ahead of me, as well as trying a family member.

Hubby is going to be found to have a girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island