U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:30 AM

874 posts, read 2,392,791 times

Advertisements

I am surprised that I have not seen anyone mention how she could have been noticeably intoxicated at the McDonalds anyway. Do you think the people that work there would say she looked appeared to be drunk with the children but they decided that it is none of their business so they did not say or do anything? The people that work there know that a lot of people would start saying what dirt bags they are for not calling the police or something.

Same thing with the brother. Do people think he would have really said that he thought she was drunk or stoned when she called him? The only people I feel bad for here are the children and the two poor guys in the other vehicle which I do not even hear many people mention.

People are suggesting that maybe she was having marital or other problems trying to make some sort of excuse for her possibly drinking and/or smoking pot. I do not care what problems she had; there is no reason than can be used an excuse for that type of behavior if she actually was drinking and smoking pot.

As for the neighbors, family and co-workers whom say how great of a person she was; how often do you hear people say bad things about the people involved in these incidents? Very rare. I am not saying that she was not a good person I am just saying that it is very rare that people will talk badly about someone they know after a situation such as this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 07:35 AM

316 posts, read 848,420 times
We'll never know what happened in that minivan. Too bad vehicles don't have 'black boxes' like airplanes. Maybe it was the "moving lump on her leg" that was telling her to drink & kill. All kidding aside, they probably had an argument, and she took it out on everyone.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:59 AM

2,312 posts, read 6,467,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Are you kidding me???? My parents took 5 of us all the time. And i did it with my kids also. I see nothing wrong with this at all. The dirinking and driving with the kids, thats where the problem was.
LOL, you can tell I'm not a camper!!!

But seriously, as a recovering alcoholic, I can tell you that we can really put it away--ten drinks in an hour, two joints, no problem. It may seem impossible to normal people that she could ingest that much while driving, but it goes down like water. Trust me.

As for her neighbors claiming she was on the straight and narrow, what the heck would they know? She waved at them as she drove by!

Also, women alcoholics can hide their drinking scarily well from those around them. There is a terrible stigma about being a woman alcoholic, esp. when you are a mother.

Last edited by clevedark; 08-11-2009 at 08:08 AM..

Old 08-11-2009, 11:17 AM

16,416 posts, read 27,609,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post
As for the neighbors, family and co-workers whom say how great of a person she was; how often do you hear people say bad things about the people involved in these incidents? Very rare.
Like they say about serial killers or spree killers ... "He was such a nice guy. He was a good neighbor. He was quiet." Most recent example: the jerk in Pittsburgh who decided to shoot up an aerobics class and then off himself.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:02 PM

16,581 posts, read 19,228,150 times
What I think is very sad, well two things:

1) We live in a country where no one is responsible for their actions anymore. I don't know how the husband and the lawyer were able to do that press conference with a straight face.

2) People don't speak up anymore. If you see something that doesn't look right, like a drunk woman with a bunch of kids in McDonalds, for God's sake speak up.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:06 PM

4,109 posts, read 12,667,269 times
Wish we could see the McD's videotape. Supposedly when she stopped at a convenience store for Anbusel (sp), she was fine too (not sure if that was before or after McD's).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island