U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 05:10 PM

432 posts, read 1,384,797 times

Advertisements

I hope her husbands heart stops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 05:13 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,862,799 times
So if her family was genuinely shocked at her pot smoking and drinking... Where DID she get the pot? I hope the cops are asking her co-workers.

Where do nice suburban housewives buy pot?

Old 08-05-2009, 05:53 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,969,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
I don't agree with everything they posted over there (the daily news), but I think they have a point. It was clear to me, at least, that the police were stalling for some reason. I don't think you can get quick toxicology reports on a body that's been damaged that severely. |Evem for Michael Jackson it took several days. This really has nothing to do with the police as far as I'm concerned. The interesting, and disturbing thing is that people were reaching for unlikely excuses for this behavior--brain tumor, diabetes--instead of coming to the more likely conclusion. I doubt that a tumor or diabetes could cause this behavior. People with diabetes are trained to watch for hypoglycemia. And if you've ever seen someone with severe hypoglycemia, they basically go into an unconcious state--there's no way they could operate a car for as long as she did.
May I inquire about your medical knowledge and your experience with endocrinology? Do you know the differences between the Michael Jackson and Diane Schuler reports?

How do you know how bad her body was damaged? Were you there first hand? Are you involved in the investigation?

Old 08-05-2009, 05:55 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
not all drunk drivers are male.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:09 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,338,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Gee and everyone was painting her as this loving mom. What kind of loving mom would drive drunk with kids in the car. Grrrrrr
SHE WAS PROBABLY A VERY LOVING MOTHER, but with very bad judgement!!!!!! that day.

Aren't you aware of the fact that there are lots of closeted mothers who drink and do drugs. As someone in the Health Care Industry, I treated multitude of women in the Emergency Room, who were closeted drinkers, and multitude of times, the families were not aware of their secret behavior.

This lady had a very powerful job in Cablevision. Perhaps, she was under lots of pressure. Not that this excuses her behavior......I think overall, husbands and families have to be more aware of the closeted drinker, and if they suspect it, gear them toward help, with lots of support, love and caring.....

This tragedy has been very difficult on many people.......me included.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:17 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,338,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeville View Post
So if her family was genuinely shocked at her pot smoking and drinking... Where DID she get the pot? I hope the cops are asking her co-workers.

Where do nice suburban housewives buy pot?
THE CANDY MAN comes to your front door NOW !!!! Or teenagers on the corner of their residential neighborhoods, text them for a quick delivery. I have seen it multitude of times, while walking my dog...........Most parents are not aware of how easily their teens can get hold of drugs, right in their front lawns..................nowadays.

The police does not want even to be bothered with it, because it is happening so often..........

Old 08-05-2009, 06:39 PM

15,740 posts, read 23,977,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
they were reaching because nothing had been reported that could make anyone think drugs/alcohol were involved.

).

I already made this point, he just doesn't want to hear it. He's not responding to people, he's got his own agenda. Let's not feed it anymore. The race card can stay on the daily news forum where it belongs.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:43 PM

15,740 posts, read 23,977,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
SHE WAS PROBABLY A VERY LOVING MOTHER, but with very bad judgement!!!!!! that day.

Loving mothers do not out of the blue become completely blitzed and smoke pot in front of their kids. She was obviously smoking and drinking IN THE CAR since she had unmetabolized alcohol and THC in her system, the amount of THC was consistent with smoking it within the last hour of her life. I highly highly doubt that this is the first time her kids were subjected to this behavior. It wasn't just a lapse in judgement, that would be the understatement of the century. It was 9:30 on a Sunday morning.

When this first happened I thought it might be that they were partying all night and she was still tipsy and/or hungover the next day. I don't think anyone can really wrap their mind around the fact that she was swiggin' vodka and sucking on a joint while tooling down the NYS Thruway with 5 kids under the age of 8 in the car. Imagine seeing that on your leisurely Sunday drive.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:59 PM

13 posts, read 25,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post

Aren't you aware of the fact that there are lots of closeted mothers who drink and do drugs. As someone in the Health Care Industry, I treated multitude of women in the Emergency Room, who were closeted drinkers, and multitude of times, the families were not aware of their secret behavior.

This lady had a very powerful job in Cablevision. Perhaps, she was under lots of pressure. Not that this excuses her behavior......I think overall, husbands and families have to be more aware of the closeted drinker, and if they suspect it, gear them toward help, with lots of support, love and caring.....

Not just that day ! You do not have a BAL of .19 unless you are a habitual drinker.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:14 PM

292 posts, read 691,313 times
Update on Newsday, her husband admitted to cops last week that she was a marijuana user, but no one else owned up to it.

They haven't searched their cabin at the campsite. That oughta be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island