U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-10-2009, 04:22 PM
 
1,814 posts, read 3,629,565 times
Reputation: 730

Advertisements

I keep forgetting to post this, and I know it's late -but there are two more concerts left.

Risky Business will be playing oldies Tuesday August 11th starting at 8pm. Details in the link below.

Also on August 25th, Big Shot, a Billy Joel tribute band, will play. I saw them last year and they were really good.

Consider checking it out - it's FREE. Well, unless you go across the street and get some ice cream from Sweets of the Spoon....

http://suffolkcountyny.gov/legis/do/2009/pdf/DO6-2009_rockypointconcertflyer.pdf (broken link)
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-10-2009, 08:02 PM
 
7,658 posts, read 11,701,915 times
Reputation: 1230
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
I keep forgetting to post this, and I know it's late -but there are two more concerts left.

Risky Business will be playing oldies Tuesday August 11th starting at 8pm. Details in the link below.

Also on August 25th, Big Shot, a Billy Joel tribute band, will play. I saw them last year and they were really good.

Consider checking it out - it's FREE. Well, unless you go across the street and get some ice cream from Sweets of the Spoon....

http://suffolkcountyny.gov/legis/do/2009/pdf/DO6-2009_rockypointconcertflyer.pdf (broken link)
Thanks AlleyCat
Ive been meaning to do it as well.

Heres the link.
http://www.danlosquadro.com/wp-content/rocky-point-concert-flyer.pdf (broken link)

Bring a lawn chair... we had over 5000 out on a Tuesday nite last year for Big Shot.

Sweets of the Spoons homemade Ice Cream and Gelato is to die for.
Damn good Wraps and Lattes too.

Good times

crooks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 04:20 AM
 
1,814 posts, read 3,629,565 times
Reputation: 730
Big Shot was the only one I caught last year. Saw the Driftwoods a few weeks ago and they were pretty good. Looking forward to tonight - hoping it cools a bit more than last night and that the rain holds off.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 AM
 
7,658 posts, read 11,701,915 times
Reputation: 1230
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Big Shot was the only one I caught last year. Saw the Driftwoods a few weeks ago and they were pretty good. Looking forward to tonight - hoping it cools a bit more than last night and that the rain holds off.
I think it should be fine.

Peace

Crooks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 06:56 AM
 
7,420 posts, read 8,318,285 times
Reputation: 2978
Billy Joel tribute band.


*snore*

Don't LI'ers ever get tired of the SAME STUFF, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!

WBAB thread?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 08:06 AM
 
7,658 posts, read 11,701,915 times
Reputation: 1230
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Billy Joel tribute band.


*snore*

Don't LI'ers ever get tired of the SAME STUFF, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!

WBAB thread?
LMAO.

Mike/Big Shot are actually really good.

Hes from Miller Place so he draws big locally.

Crooks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 08:12 AM
 
Location: Island of long
3,655 posts, read 6,461,993 times
Reputation: 1190
IMO Big Shot is fading away slowly. My friends used to go all the time. They are all tired of the same songs at every show. They went to Port Jazz about a month ago and they said it wasnt very packed at all. Who knows?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 08:16 AM
 
7,420 posts, read 8,318,285 times
Reputation: 2978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
LMAO.

Mike/Big Shot are actually really good.

Hes from Miller Place so he draws big locally.

Crooks

They're really good at playing Billy Joel Songs, which I grew tired of, oh, approximately, 25 years ago.

The LI music scene is a joke. Emo for the kids and cover bands for everyone else.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 08:38 AM
 
3,322 posts, read 4,090,701 times
Reputation: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The LI music scene is a joke. Emo for the kids and cover bands for everyone else.
so many live music venues have gone out of business over the years on LI...perhaps it's simply not a viable business in this market? Having dozens of live music venues only a train ride away in the city probably doesn't help.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 08:38 AM
 
1,814 posts, read 3,629,565 times
Reputation: 730
Hey, it's FREE - what do you want? It's not going to be world class entertainment.

It's a night to get together with the community, listen to some music and have some ice cream or gelatto from Sweets of the Spoon.

It's better than sitting on the couch at home watching re-runs while eating Ben & Jerry's.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top