Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 07:06 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,333,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbxqt View Post
Oh god... what a nightmare! I know just how you are feeling about the excitement being drained now... It's terrible!

As for us, our file STILL never reached SONYMA (crazy right?) WF now needs updated paystubs to send the complete file since they have aged out. Is this insane or what? I'm hoping by some miracle we're approved on Monday and can get closing in before Thanksgiving still... But really, at this point, It's prob going to go into Dec now... This has been a complete nightmare
Listen,
I would ask you to plan for December, seriously.... so that you do not get any more surprises. Wells told me they need 48 hours after the SONYMA approval, and its the third day today and they cannot close today, so they definitely need another 4-5 days after the MCC approval (at the least).
So, I just wanted to give you a heads up, so you can save the aggravation that I am going through !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 07:44 AM

81 posts, read 127,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
Listen,
I would ask you to plan for December, seriously.... so that you do not get any more surprises. Wells told me they need 48 hours after the SONYMA approval, and its the third day today and they cannot close today, so they definitely need another 4-5 days after the MCC approval (at the least).
So, I just wanted to give you a heads up, so you can save the aggravation that I am going through !!
We cant do Dec... we literally have to be out of our apt Nov 30th... Altho, I'm sure we can find a place to stay, we have no where to put all our belongings once we get out... That's basically what's pushing us... Otherwise, I wouldn't be hounding AS MUCH... It better not as long as you're saying bc they will seriously get a mouthful from me... No reason why it is now over 1 month and file went nowhere... I've been pretty calm and understanding with them this entire time. That's gotten me nowhere quickly...

Old 11-20-2009, 07:53 AM

184 posts, read 805,680 times
good luck lilbxqt...I was supposed to close before the end of the month and everything is in order and the bank still seems to be dragging their feet. Hope it works out for you.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeInLI View Post
good luck lilbxqt...I was supposed to close before the end of the month and everything is in order and the bank still seems to be dragging their feet. Hope it works out for you.
Exactly whats happening with me....

Old 11-20-2009, 08:00 AM

184 posts, read 805,680 times
^^ lol...maybe its a wells fargo thing. At least the first time home buyers credit was extended

Old 11-20-2009, 10:17 AM

81 posts, read 127,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeInLI View Post
^^ lol...maybe its a wells fargo thing. At least the first time home buyers credit was extended
well technically our contract says that we have to close by nov 30th... now what the "consequences" are if that doesnt happen, isnt spelled out... lol

if it wasnt extended i really would have been exploding right now! and yes, it must be a WF thing... and its funny, the only reason we went with them is bc of their participation in the mcc

Old 11-20-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbxqt View Post
well technically our contract says that we have to close by nov 30th... now what the "consequences" are if that doesnt happen, isnt spelled out... lol

if it wasnt extended i really would have been exploding right now! and yes, it must be a WF thing... and its funny, the only reason we went with them is bc of their participation in the mcc
My contract expiration date was Oct 15th.... we are still moving forward...
so.... I guess if any of the party wants out, they can get out in your case. Talk to your attorney and find out.... It should be there somewhere about when can you or the seller back out.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:59 PM

25 posts, read 98,658 times
Default No soup for you!

Just to let everyone know. The money ran out for 90% of the towns on LI for the MCC. me and my fiancé just closed on our house in Franklin square on NOV 16th, 2009, and after waiting about 2 months for results on the MCC application... We were notified there were no funds left, EXCEPT for a few towns.

I believe it was Freeport, Roosevelt, Hempstead, and some part of Glen Cove.
We we're pretty upset. Atleast we got the $8,000 tax credit!

Old 11-21-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLPRO1989 View Post
Just to let everyone know. The money ran out for 90% of the towns on LI for the MCC. me and my fiancé just closed on our house in Franklin square on NOV 16th, 2009, and after waiting about 2 months for results on the MCC application... We were notified there were no funds left, EXCEPT for a few towns.

I believe it was Freeport, Roosevelt, Hempstead, and some part of Glen Cove.
We we're pretty upset. Atleast we got the $8,000 tax credit!
Hi JCL,
MCC traditionally is only for target areas. I am not sure if the towns that you mentioned fall under the target area or not....

What we are discussing in this thread was the MCC program that any first time home buyer in the state if NY was eligible for. Unfortunately the funds for that program ran out in October. The state no longer accepted any applications after the 19th Oct. And this program was available for any town that you purchase the house in.
So, I guess Franklin Square is not a target area for MCC.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:16 PM

Ok, newsflash.... the bank has cleared everything as of Friday.... We are set to close on Monday, and in case it does not work out, we are going to try for Tuesday. My commitment expires on Saturday next week .... jeez !
Emotional roller coaster ride !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island