U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-26-2009, 06:59 AM
 
Location: Northwestern Michigan
937 posts, read 1,580,697 times
Reputation: 391
I grew up there, moved away 5 years for a few reasons but what I miss the most is the food, the food, the food, did I mention the food?? The family too but even when we lived there we hardly saw them anyway. The variety and quality of food on LI is unmatched anywhere in our country, regardless of what anyone tries to tell you. That and the S SHore beaches from Jones on eastward
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2009, 07:05 AM
 
2,348 posts, read 3,429,003 times
Reputation: 474
I love the libraries on LI and the activities for kids in the school system.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2009, 07:35 AM
 
491 posts, read 663,580 times
Reputation: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I grew up there, moved away 5 years for a few reasons but what I miss the most is the food, the food, the food, did I mention the food?? The family too but even when we lived there we hardly saw them anyway. The variety and quality of food on LI is unmatched anywhere in our country, regardless of what anyone tries to tell you. That and the S SHore beaches from Jones on eastward
Before moving to LI I was always thin, to the point where I used supplements to try and put on a few pounds to fill out a suit a bit better. It never worked. Fast forward having lived on LI for 18 months, I need to lose 20 pounds...true statement.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2009, 07:45 AM
 
6,043 posts, read 6,894,113 times
Reputation: 1854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burb View Post
Before moving to LI I was always thin, to the point where I used supplements to try and put on a few pounds to fill out a suit a bit better. It never worked. Fast forward having lived on LI for 18 months, I need to lose 20 pounds...true statement.
I gained weight while living upstate and then lost in coming back to LI. Walking on the grass around the farmland isn't the same as going for a stroll on the boardwalk. The grocery store was so far away so I just ordered in pizza everyday. LI is a great place to lead an active lifestyle because there is so much to do.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 AM
 
1,303 posts, read 2,060,980 times
Reputation: 329
I would disagree with Crookhaven's comments that the Islanders are a positive (had to)...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2009, 12:13 PM
 
153 posts, read 341,700 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
I would disagree with Crookhaven's comments that the Islanders are a positive (had to)...
LOL...fair enough

Great bagels. I know that's a NY thing, but some really good places on LI.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2009, 12:23 PM
 
3,142 posts, read 3,505,647 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
I would disagree with Crookhaven's comments that the Islanders are a positive (had to)...
well pro teams usually have their peaks and valleys...but one thing that is a negative is the Coliseum. It's one of the worst arenas in the country at this point.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2009, 12:40 PM
 
153 posts, read 341,700 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
well pro teams usually have their peaks and valleys...but one thing that is a negative is the Coliseum. It's one of the worst arenas in the country at this point.
Even though I agree, no negatives here, only positives.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2009, 12:58 PM
 
3,142 posts, read 3,505,647 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mrs.b.i View Post
Even though I agree, no negatives here, only positives.
sorry!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2009, 01:01 PM
 
6,043 posts, read 6,894,113 times
Reputation: 1854
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mrs.b.i View Post
LOL...fair enough

Great bagels. I know that's a NY thing, but some really good places on LI.
bagels with cream cheese are 700 calories a pop....no thank you
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top