Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 05:45 PM

164 posts, read 458,337 times

Advertisements

Today my son and I were in Best Yet market in Massapequa. While we were in an isle , a mother was right next to us. She had a young girl in the cart , no more than 5 years old and another young girl besides her walking. Well the little one in the cart said to her mom “I want to go to so and so’s house” the mother said don’t bug me and stop acting retarded (believe this..gets worse) the girl made a ‘whiney’ sound.. The mother gets mad, from the corner of my eye, I saw the mother extend her hand and I heard ’ moaning’ from the girl..I didn’t hear a smack so I wasn’t sure at that moment what happened.. All of a sudden, the girl was holding her mouth and whimpering.. the mother had a medicine vile in her hand and she was putting the cap back on and putting it back in her pocket.. with that she said “ now you know why I carry the hot sauce with me”
I almost dropped dead.. I was so stunned I couldn’t speak… I grabbed my cell phone and call 7th prescient ..told them what I just witnessed.. Well.. we were at check out at the same time and now she was getting ready to leave… the cop asked for a plate number.. so my son followed her and took it down on his cell phone.. he checked it two times… I gave it to the cop and went home…. Now I am home and my cell phone rings.. it’s Nassau PD wanting to know if I can go back to Best Yet and talk to them, they were there…
I went right back down, with 3 cop cars waiting for me! I re-told the story.. and guess what.. the plate was not registered! Nothing with the numbers came out!! They would of tracked her down, talk to her and then report it to CPS . My heart felt so bad for this little girl . There is no reason to go to that measure.. .hot sauce shoved in her mouth was cruel and undeserving.. This kid was not even acting up.. If she carries around hot sauce I guess it is her sick way of discipline ..I can’t even imagine what goes on behind closed doors if she does this in public and thinks nothing is wrong with it. They will keep an eye out for her. .we had the color and make of her car and a good description of her.
Just had to vent, I am still sick to my stomach over this and really upset they can’t find her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 06:04 PM

486 posts, read 2,113,063 times
I wonder if the store had any surveillance camera's that could have caught her in the act as well as her identity.

I really feel for those little ones.

You and your son did a good deed today !!

Old 09-02-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySpring View Post
I wonder if the store had any surveillance camera's that could have caught her in the act as well as her identity.

I really feel for those little ones.

You and your son did a good deed today !!
Thank you, but not good enough since we couldn't really help her. I was thinking of store camera's ... I think I will call them and ask. Thats for reminding me

Old 09-02-2009, 06:12 PM

486 posts, read 2,113,063 times
Next time if you're lucky enough and you see her again, this time follow her home and then report to the police where she lives. This way they will get her for child abuse and driving an unregistered car....probably no insurance too.

It's always the little ones that suffer in silence.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:23 PM

118 posts, read 626,870 times
I normally don't read the Long Island boards..but your post title caught my eye. You absolutely did the right thing. I am sure that with the car description and the description of the woman, they will track her down.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:14 PM

852 posts, read 2,017,467 times
I have more problem with parents giving their kids enormous clothing to fit their bloated little fatty bodies than I do them disciplining their kids with Tobasco. Just sayin...

Old 09-02-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovesAlot View Post
I normally don't read the Long Island boards..but your post title caught my eye. You absolutely did the right thing. I am sure that with the car description and the description of the woman, they will track her down.

Thank you for your support. I just had to do something. So many people turn their heads because they do not want to get involved. I could never live with my self if god for bid they were on the news one day and I didn't do anything to help these kids and just had let it go. I am so bugged out I probably will not sleep tonight..just the thought of these girls being abused like that really makes me sick.
Thanks again.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
I have more problem with parents giving their kids enormous clothing to fit their bloated little fatty bodies than I do them disciplining their kids with Tobasco. Just sayin...
are you kidding? Hot sauce down a 4 or 5 year old's mouth (or any age for that matter) is totally unacceptable and abusive in my book...

Old 09-02-2009, 07:36 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,683,069 times
If that Best Yet market is the one located at 5601 Merrick Road, then, according to the Census Bureau's online address search function, it's in East Massapequa ("Massapequa, NY 11758" mailing address).

Old 09-02-2009, 07:42 PM

yes Walter..you hit the nail again. That is the one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island