Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:18 AM

752 posts, read 1,457,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
I still contend that there is a media blitz and social engineering at work here. Most of these Suffolk county residents have a family history where they were ethnically cleansed out of their neighborhoods in the outer boroughs in the 1960's to 1980's as millions in FHA's loans were targeted only to blacks to specifically "blockbust" their ethnic enclaves in the city. They were then pushed out to the suburbs by millions in FHA loans targeted only to ethnic whites so they could be Americanized out in the suburbs away from their tight knit urban enclaves.

Here we are years later and the media and Federal government is trying yet again to cleanse these people out of their suburban homes. First they allow/encourage/fund these aliens to flood into the country illegally and scare the natives with crime, drugs, gangs, falling property values, frequent armed home invasions and cultural change. When people flood in from a foreign country at the rates that are seen in Suffolk this is a major destabilizing force that tears apart communities.

The media emboldens the gangs by only reporting the "racism" of the various ethnic whites emboldening the gangs to cause more crime because any attempt to stop the crime is "racism". Local officials are marginalized and defiled in the media when they do anything to stop the illegal invasion. This empowers the Federal forces that want the invasion to continue. Even propaganda groups from thousands of miles away are called in to enhance the pressure on the locals and their local elected government.

Then we have the one sided coverage by the media where the only people guilty of racism is those that want to stay in their homes and maintain their way of life. By concealing the level of crime by the invading gangs the media is only fueling the cycle of violence, like they want nothing more to spark an inferno that will lead to the natives fleeing in droves and the areas in Suffolk being flipped for pennies on the dollar. This is not fair to the Hispanics or the native ethnics because there will surely be blood spilled in the impending incidents they are fueling.

It is imperative that the residents of Suffolk wake up and realize what is happening here. It is important that the Hispanics realize that they are being used as proxy ground troops in a war to cleanse the area of its long time population. Surely they do not understand how they are being used but they are now in the middle of a powder-keg of a situation. There is only one New York for the local ethnic groups and if you are cleansed out of this area your culture can never be duplicated anywhere else. You will be stuck in Palookaville with bland food, foreign culture and memories of what was taken from you.
When they ask for a social security number for the house loan and they dont have one then they should turn them in right then and there. What does this housing problem have to do with illegal immigrants and what does this have to do with Black people? I haven't seen many Black illegal immigrants. I have alot of Black and Spanish neighbors that own houses in my neighborhood and they paint they're fences and mow they're lawns just like anyone else. What your talking about is a different issue. They targeted certain groups of people to buy houses they couldn't afford so they could get commission on them. That makes for uninformed buyers and dirty mortgage brokers and nothing more.
I don't believe that people were placed here to displace the resident population, I believe that they came here legitimately looking for work and are just unruly at times, but all races are guilty of that. The real problem here are the people Like Kenny Guido who hire them and then blame the general public for "wanting a cheaper price" When its really the contractors that are having the price war. Or the restaurant trying to save a few bucks by hiring illegal bus boys and dish washers ( another summer job for me when I was in school) or the biggest culprit I have probably seen is landscapers. When these types of businesses get licenses there should be spot checks on the fly to see if the labor is legal.
So someone is always going to say... "but that isn't fair, it makes all Spanish people a target" well I don't have an answer for that, unfortunately the bulk of illegal workers in the area are Spanish. If every time a landscaping truck pulled up 8 illegal Russian guys got out and did your lawn in 15 minutes I would still feel the same way. Illegal is Illegal, I don't care what color you are, I don't care what language you speak, I don't care how you got here or why. You are illegal... get legal or get out! I think if your caught with illegal labor working for you you should go to jail for tax evasion. Mandatory Jail Time.
Suffolk needs to crack the whip!

Last edited by minesbroken; 09-08-2009 at 06:26 AM..

Old 09-08-2009, 06:41 AM

496 posts, read 1,247,659 times
profiling in airports happens all the time. after 9/11 i was always sent to that 'special' room. As soon as someone would read my drivers license I knew I was headed to that special room. If you looked at me, you would know I come from eastern europe . If I open my mouth, you'd know I come from Eastern Europe. But being sent to that 'special' room never bothered me. If it is done to keep America safe, then I don't have a problem with it at all. What I do have a problem with is when people notice I have an accent immediately assume:
1. I don't speak or understand much English
2. I am uneducated therefore most simple things get explained to me as if I were a 6 years old.
I was at a hospital with my child, and asked for a formula (those 2 oz formula), and this nurse came waving her hands at me, talking really slow, in fact, yelling, about God knows what. I don't remember what she was complaining about, since I had insurance and nothing was coming out of her pocket. My God, I had asked for a bottle of formula, not her kidney. It took me about 2 minutes to gather my thoughts as I had never been treated like that. And then she saw the wrath of an educated, English-speaking LEGAL immigrant. She was removed from our room, and addressed me afterwards as Mrs. every time she saw me in hallway.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:55 AM

752 posts, read 1,457,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlorak View Post
profiling in airports happens all the time. after 9/11 i was always sent to that 'special' room. As soon as someone would read my drivers license I knew I was headed to that special room. If you looked at me, you would know I come from eastern europe . If I open my mouth, you'd know I come from Eastern Europe. But being sent to that 'special' room never bothered me. If it is done to keep America safe, then I don't have a problem with it at all. What I do have a problem with is when people notice I have an accent immediately assume:
2. I am uneducated therefore most simple things get explained to me as if I were a 6 years old.
I was at a hospital with my child, and asked for a formula (those 2 oz formula), and this nurse came waving her hands at me, talking really slow, in fact, yelling, about God knows what. I don't remember what she was complaining about, since I had insurance and nothing was coming out of her pocket. My God, I had asked for a bottle of formula, not her kidney. It took me about 2 minutes to gather my thoughts as I had never been treated like that. And then she saw the wrath of an educated, English-speaking LEGAL immigrant. She was removed from our room, and addressed me afterwards as Mrs. every time she saw me in hallway.
Everyone is a victim of bad treatment by there peers. Human beings just plain behave badly. There will always be jerks. I would like to shake your hand for your resilience during the 9/11 profiling. Your attitude should be commended.
Bravo!

Old 09-08-2009, 10:32 AM

12,769 posts, read 18,273,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlorak View Post
I had to go to a "special room" when I went to Israel...b/c I'm 50% jewish, not 100%...and ELAL doesn't like non-jews flying their airline.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:41 AM

7,801 posts, read 10,064,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I had to go to a "special room" when I went to Israel...b/c I'm 50% jewish, not 100%...and ELAL doesn't like non-jews flying their airline.
The Israelis take security about a million times more seriously then we do, I would say it's to the point of absurdity. One can't go anywhere in Israel without seeing armed guards everywhere you look. Even off duty soldiers and cops carry M-16s and Galil's slung over their shoulders.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:19 AM

12,769 posts, read 18,273,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The Israelis take security about a million times more seriously then we do, I would say it's to the point of absurdity. One can't go anywhere in Israel without seeing armed guards everywhere you look. Even off duty soldiers and cops carry M-16s and Galil's slung over their shoulders.
You're telling me! We had to go through a metal detector at the mall and then yeah, you're in a store and people are walking around with guns!

When I was at the boarding gate at JFK, they had personnel from ELAL asking passengers questions...mainly about their judaism background etc. etc. My father is jewish not my mother, so technically according to the jewish religion, I am not really jewish. I just remember them saying "come with me ma'am" and that was it, into the "special room" i went. They didn't strip search me or anything like that (thank god!), but they did make me take out everything from my luggage so they could examine it with a fine tooth comb...as if non-jews are all crazy tyrranical criminals or something.

Ridiculous.

(Annnnd I'm 27 and look 16...why are they calling me "ma'am?")

Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 AM

19 posts, read 19,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
as if non-jews are all crazy tyrranical criminals or something.
They are, aren't they?

Old 09-09-2009, 02:36 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,514,058 times
OP is what you call a Mod cut: language. Are you referring to middle class latinos who have nice homes and pay taxes having issues and being treated badly?

Mod cut: racist

Last edited by Viralmd; 09-09-2009 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Language and racist

Old 09-09-2009, 03:13 PM

496 posts, read 1,247,659 times
there is stereotype and racism of all kinds all over the world. a lot of us, who aren't from here, have experienced it throughout our lives. the difference between 'all over the world' and here is, if you do get discriminated against here and you feel was uncalled for, there is something you can do about it...like lawyer up
i love the freedoms offered by this country, there is room for more, but good enough for me

Old 09-09-2009, 06:04 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,982,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
And blowing things out of proportion? Wow, ONE incident of racial violence ... what about all the times that illegal immigrants raped/robbed/murdered American citizens? Every year, over 4,000 Americans are killed by illegal immigrants and nobody gives a **** but yet a handful (as in less then a dozen) of illegals are killed by some wannabe thugs and it's like the crime of the century and the libidiots and illegal immigrant lovers want to send Steve Levy and anyone who opposes illegal immigration to the Hague on charges of crimes against humanity?

Give me a break folks.
Regardless whether he was here illegally or not:

THAT WAS A HUMAN BEING! THAT WAS SOMEONE'S SON, SOMEONE'S FATHER.........YOU ARE EXHIBITING COMPLETE DISREGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE........HE DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE! This poor man worked over l6 hours per day, in order to make money to exist, and he was doing the hard that most of our young do not want to do.

I AM PERPLEXED AT YOUR INDIFFERENCE TOWARD LIFE IN GENERAL........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island