Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 05:26 PM

327 posts, read 1,063,313 times

Advertisements

I have been looking at houses in South Hempstead that are zoned for Rockville Centre schools. Does anyone have any opinions on this area? I know that they don't get RVC utilities but seem to be a good deal for such a good school district. From the census of 2000 it doesn't look that diverse do you know if that has changed?

Moderator cut: Not necessary

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/86/South-hempstead-ny-map.gif (broken link)

South Hempstead, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by bmwguydc; 09-10-2009 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Not necessary, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 01:31 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,507,335 times
I think it's one of the best deals you can find in Nassau County. You get a massive discount based on ZIP code alone, the location is very convenient and the school district is excellent. You're gonna want to check the vicinity of Long Beach Road for homes with RVC schools.....closer to Grand Avenue (and east of it) are zoned for either Baldwin or Uniondale SDs.

The neighborhood itself is very middle class, nothing spectacular but well-kept. Mostly postwar capes, some older summer bungalows and newer high ranches. It might be considered "diverse" in Long Island terms, but is still overwhelmingly white/Italian.....probably 75% at least. A lot of people hear the name and automatically freak out, but there is nothing to fear south-of-the-border. Totally different place. Neighboring areas in Hempstead proper are quiet, residential streets....nothing at all like the urban setting further north - and South Hempstead is also isolated fairly well by the Southern State Parkway.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:59 AM

294 posts, read 878,903 times
Looks like there are only about 9 homes in S. Hempstead with RVC schools. Nice area, great schools, perfect time to buy. Are you a first-time buyer? If so, you'll want to move to take advantage of the credit offered if you close by November 30.....

Old 09-11-2009, 08:28 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,333,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFinder15 View Post
Looks like there are only about 9 homes in S. Hempstead with RVC schools. Nice area, great schools, perfect time to buy. Are you a first-time buyer? If so, you'll want to move to take advantage of the credit offered if you close by November 30.....
And not to forget the New York Mortgage Credit Certificate if you are eligible.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:45 AM

327 posts, read 1,063,313 times
Thanks Sean for your information. I have been trying to find out more about the area but google hasn't fond much. Yes I am a first time homebuyer, thanks zulu for the tip on the Mortgage Credit, I never saw that before.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:35 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
And not to forget the New York Mortgage Credit Certificate if you are eligible.
can you explain what this is? This is different than the first time homebuyers credit? Does it only apply to people who bought in 2009?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island