Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
The problems at Roosevelt Field aren't about race. They are about lifestyle choices and the type of people that hang out at the mall. Gangstas combined with annoying spoiled LI teens is not a good combo.

Look at what happened Friday. There was some teeny bopper (Justin Bieber whoever the hell that is) doing an autograph session there. 3,000 teen girls lost it and started a small riot. People getting shoved...pushed to the ground...etc.

The police had to call it off and kick everyone out.

Great Mall.
I guess you don't remember Tiffany touring malls in the 80's.

Gangsters do not hang out at the mall. They are off doing illegal stuff somewhere. What you have at the mall are kids that dress in a style of cloths you don't like.

And when has the mall NOT been a place that teens hang out? Get over it, you are just getting old. Teens in groups annoy the hell out of me too, but that is no reason to act like it's the end of the world, or the end of the mall ( in this case Roosevelt Field)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 12:09 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,655,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
It's pretty bad...yeah. A lot of the stores are closing or downsizing. Saturday in Nine West there was a mouse running wild in the store. So lovely & just what I needed during shoe shopping.
This is actually untrue. Stores that closed went bankrupt most of the time. There are a bunch of new stores and a lot of expansion (Forever 21, Victoria's Secret, Apple). The shopping center is becoming much better in terms of stores in that they are going more high end and are becoming more unique (see stores like Sabon, Carol's Daughter) where they are NYC offshoots, LI spots (La Bottega, Matty's Toy Stop), or new even the America (Radley London). Overall, I think the place is much better.

The clientele on the other hand...they need to stop running buses to the mall.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Maybe that's just on Long Island, I highly believe the people who you think are thugs really aren't, I swear people are prepared to run based on how someone dresses. Try that somewhere else and see what happens.

I love Roosevelt Field.
Whether they are or they aren't I don't want to see it. If you can't pay for anything..get out. If you have to use drug money or somebodies stolen purse...l-l-l-l-ock 'em up!

Old 11-23-2009, 12:13 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
The problems at Roosevelt Field aren't about race. They are about lifestyle choices and the type of people that hang out at the mall. Gangstas combined with annoying spoiled LI teens is not a good combo.

Look at what happened Friday. There was some teeny bopper (Justin Bieber whoever the hell that is) doing an autograph session there. 3,000 teen girls lost it and started a small riot. People getting shoved...pushed to the ground...etc.

The police had to call it off and kick everyone out.

Great Mall.
yeah, I'm getting sick and tired of all these rampaging teens and parents that ruin my mall experience every time a pop star decides to visit. Oh wait, now that I think about it, this almost never happens and it isn't indicative of anything. Let's just move on.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:14 PM

513 posts, read 837,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I hate EVERYBODY.
Is there a term for an equal opportuniy hater?
Misanthrope...

Old 11-23-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port North View Post
I've had it with everything on this Island! I'm moving to Wuzzleburg!

Of course even there you have to deal with Wub-Zee

(For those of you who don't have young children (or a silly sense of humor), I'm referring to a show my pre-school age son watches)
Nice. Love the Noggin..or Nick Jr.

You can't beat Little Bear, Max and Ruby, Olivia, Yo Gabba Gabba, Toot and Puddle, Pinky Dinky Doo, Wonder Pets...

yessah.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:16 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Whether they are or they aren't I don't want to see it. If you can't pay for anything..get out. If you have to use drug money or somebodies stolen purse...l-l-l-l-ock 'em up!
Teens have been hanging around in malls since they 1st opened. Get over it.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:20 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
I hung out at the mall 7 times as a teenager. Various malls.
Yes, I can count the amount of times.
After the first time I found out it wasn't for me.
Just not my thing.
Then again, I am socially challenged.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
Teens have been hanging around in malls since they 1st opened. Get over it.
Oh, I'm over it. I'm not talking about kids "hanging around" but criminals and would be criminals. Quite a different story.

If you stick to going the weekdays/nights, it's pretty good. The weekends are where it gets more interesting.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:41 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,139,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
I guess you don't remember Tiffany touring malls in the 80's.

Gangsters do not hang out at the mall. They are off doing illegal stuff somewhere. What you have at the mall are kids that dress in a style of cloths you don't like.

And when has the mall NOT been a place that teens hang out? Get over it, you are just getting old. Teens in groups annoy the hell out of me too, but that is no reason to act like it's the end of the world, or the end of the mall ( in this case Roosevelt Field)
Tiffany wasnt "big" when she was doing the mall circuits. When she became famous, she stopped the malls.

the thing that drew all the teens to the mall was the internet and twitter with justin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island