U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 09-16-2009, 07:23 AM
 
7,658 posts, read 10,958,391 times
Reputation: 1221

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobeach View Post
come to Lindenhurst! In Town O Babylon,,my house is for sale,,waterfront,Alls Done! Schools great, small town feel, Good Schools, Quiet, friendly neighborhood,,,why buy in some postage stamp lot next to another land locked yuck! Were on the water 500 ft to open bay! Lots of Neighbors commute to NYC! My Place is under500!

Sounds awesome

Why are you leaving?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-16-2009, 10:18 AM
 
959 posts, read 1,387,528 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Some Babylon Express are under an hour and the local is 1:07
LIRR Babylon Timetable (http://mta.info/lirr/html/ttn/babylon.htm - broken link)

Some Motzohpizza locals are over an hour.
LIRR Massapequa Timetable (http://mta.info/lirr/html/ttn/massapeq.htm - broken link)

No contest ...Babylon Village.
Its not distance...its travel time.

Crooks
We all know you have to add 5-10 minutes AT LEAST to every LIRR timetable, so I wouldn't use those as an indicator of commute time. Babylon is a hike.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 AM
 
7,658 posts, read 10,958,391 times
Reputation: 1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
We all know you have to add 5-10 minutes AT LEAST to every LIRR timetable, so I wouldn't use those as an indicator of commute time. Babylon is a hike.

OK smartypants then add it to Massapequa as well and they both suck.

You feel better now?

Babylon is not a hike and since its a terminus ts got a ton of express service.


Methinks you know not where it is.

Crooks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 11:16 AM
 
3,214 posts, read 3,732,538 times
Reputation: 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Some Babylon Express are under an hour and the local is 1:07
LIRR Babylon Timetable (http://mta.info/lirr/html/ttn/babylon.htm - broken link)

Some Motzohpizza locals are over an hour.
LIRR Massapequa Timetable (http://mta.info/lirr/html/ttn/massapeq.htm - broken link)

No contest ...Babylon Village.
Its not distance...its travel time.

Crooks
no contest? Exactly how many babylon trains have shorter travel times than Massapequa trains?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
 
7,658 posts, read 10,958,391 times
Reputation: 1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
no contest? Exactly how many babylon trains have shorter travel times than Massapequa trains?
Check.

Its still no contest, a much nicer place to live and well worth the extra eight minutes.

Crooks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 05:05 PM
 
491 posts, read 694,160 times
Reputation: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
We all know you have to add 5-10 minutes AT LEAST to every LIRR timetable, so I wouldn't use those as an indicator of commute time. Babylon is a hike.
Really? I commute from Babylon 5 days a week. The train is almost never late, maybe once a month, and that's 40 plus rides in a 20 work day mointh.. I'm on the train home now as a matter of fact. Yup, on-time. Remember to look at the Speonk/Montauk train schedule as well (I'm on the 5:09 Speonk train), a nice express train to Babylon, doubledecker too so plenty of room. I expect the Massapequa train is equally as reliabe being it shares the elevated tracks on the Bab line. Bab is a few stops after Massapequa, but, I believe there are more frequent express trains.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 AM
 
3,214 posts, read 3,732,538 times
Reputation: 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Check.

Its still no contest, a much nicer place to live and well worth the extra eight minutes.

Crooks
much nicer? That's a big stretch...and this is from somebody who spent most of his life in Babylon.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 09:39 AM
 
7,658 posts, read 10,958,391 times
Reputation: 1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
much nicer? That's a big stretch...and this is from somebody who spent most of his life in Babylon.

No it isnt.

Pequa pales in comparison to Babylon Village, and you know it, and apparently it upsets you.
My apologies, it wasnt my intent.

OP ...go see.

Crooks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 09:42 AM
 
3,214 posts, read 3,732,538 times
Reputation: 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
No it isnt.

Pequa pales in comparison, and you know it, and apparently it upsets you.

My apologies.

Crooks
City-Data's fountain of misinformation strikes again!

Not upset at all...just amused. What exactly are you basing your opinion on? All those Italians in Massapequa really bother you that much? lol...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 09:44 AM
 
7,658 posts, read 10,958,391 times
Reputation: 1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
City-Data's fountain of misinformation strikes again!

Not upset at all...just amused. What exactly are you basing your opinion on? All those Italians in Massapequa really bother you that much? lol...
Nope, just my family ; )

Cant pick em I guess

Crooks
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top