U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-22-2009, 04:58 PM

7,725 posts, read 9,182,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambralita View Post
I think it's great that authorities took this young woman's claim of rape seriously and acted quickly. I'd rather have this than have a REAL rape victim not taken seriously.

This false accusation, if true, has done incalcuable harm to all the silent and vocal victims of rape out there. It will make it that much harder for them to come forward, b/c so many men (and women) and The System are still so sexist against women that they don't take rape seriously.

What a travesty this whole debacle was.
I agree with everthing you just stated except for the Bolded Text, I agree that it's very hard for any rape victim to come out and say they've been raped but it is easier for a female to come out and say that she was raped than it is for a male to come out and say he was raped so if anything that's sexism against males. I also wouldn't say that rape is taken lightly (sadly it is in some cases) because as you can see with this case (and many others) how quick it takes for accused rapists to be bashed in the news with everyone kicking up dirt on there name whether they're innocent or not.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 08:21 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,071,735 times
What is it about these particular guys that makes it so believable that that they are guilty. What makes her so believable that she is telling the truth. While we can all speculate on what is going on here, I think we can all rest easy that the prosecution would have loved to prosecute these boys to the fullest extent. The fact is they couldn't because the evidence showed contrary. You can not honestly believe that the prosecuter did not view this video and went solely on the word of the accused's attorney. Please tell me this is not what you believe. If so, there are other things that need to be addressed. There would need to be a conspiracy in epic proportions to make this story plausible. While I'm open to thinking the worst about our authoritive figures. I don't/can't think that they would go out of their way to allow rapists on the street to smeer a young girls reputation. That is very far fetched for me.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 AM

3,424 posts, read 3,319,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
What is it about these particular guys that makes it so believable that that they are guilty. What makes her so believable that she is telling the truth. While we can all speculate on what is going on here, I think we can all rest easy that the prosecution would have loved to prosecute these boys to the fullest extent. The fact is they couldn't because the evidence showed contrary. You can not honestly believe that the prosecuter did not view this video and went solely on the word of the accused's attorney. Please tell me this is not what you believe. If so, there are other things that need to be addressed. There would need to be a conspiracy in epic proportions to make this story plausible. While I'm open to thinking the worst about our authoritive figures. I don't/can't think that they would go out of their way to allow rapists on the street to smeer a young girls reputation. That is very far fetched for me.

Thats all Im trying to say. +1

Old 09-23-2009, 10:59 AM

13,692 posts, read 15,366,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
I believe she said she was tied down during the whole incident and the video shows no ties of any nature on her and she was moving around in her own discreation.

According to an article in Newsday a few days ago, they stated that the alleged rapists took the rope with them, but left behind used prophylactics. Why remove one thing, but leave DNA evidence behind?

Old 09-23-2009, 12:24 PM

Occasionally male rape happens.

Quote:
WOMAN GETS 20 YEARS FOR RAPE `SENSELESS CRUELTY' OF CRIMES PROMPTS JUDGE TO NEARLY DOUBLE NORMAL MAXIMUM SENTENCE

Section: THE REGION, October 17, 1997
Page: B2
Author: Jonathan Martin Staff writer
Eunice Eickhoff enjoyed a dozen happy years as the common-law wife of a New Jersey gas station attendant.
Their relationship ended formally Thursday when Eickhoff was sentenced to 20 years in prison for torturing and raping the man with a broomstick.
Spokane County Superior Court Judge Greg Sypolt banned contact between the two for life, calling the crimes acts of ``deliberate and senseless cruelty.''
The sentence was harsher than normal, duplicating the term Sypolt gave Eickhoff's accomplice on Aug. 8.
Theresa Spickler-Bowe, described as the master-mind of the abuse, is serving a 20-year sentence at the Women's Correctional Facility in Purdy, Wash.
Eickhoff is likely to be sent to a California prison to be near a cousin and away from Spickler-Bowe.
The normal maximum sentence for the crime is 12 years.
Eickhoff's attorney, Doug Boe, had argued for leniency based on her contrite guilty plea and agreement to testify against Spickler-Bowe.
But Sypolt noted the extent of the man's injuries in denying the request.
``This was cruelty that went on in time, in number of incidents, and in intensity,'' Sypolt said.
Eickhoff, Spickler-Bowe and the man moved from Bordentown, N.J., to a northeast Spokane apartment last fall. The three were described as best friends during a two-week trial in June.
Soon after, the women began abusing him for small infractions of house rules, such as being flatulent in the living room.
After one such incident, he was forced to shovel snow in his bare feet and a diaper and dog chain, suffering frostbite.
The women eventually broke his nose, cheekbone and ribs, covered him in purple bruises and burned him with a spatula and butter knife.
The abuse culminated in January, when the women raped him, poured wine on his clothes and kicked him out of the apartment.
``The facts of this case are facts I'll never forget,'' prosecutor Patti Connolly Walker said.
The emergency room doctor who initially treated the man said only car accident victims arrived in worse shape.
Boe said his client found God in jail and was full of remorse.
Eickhoff, her voice stumbling with emotion, said: ``(The victim) and I spent 12 years together. We loved each other. I am truly sorry for what has happened to him. With the will of God, I hope ... he can have some compassion for my part in this action.''
The 42-year-old man was likely a victim of battered man syndrome, emotionally chained to his abusers, Walker said.
He has returned to his original job as a gas station attendant on the New Jersey Turnpike.
WOMAN GETS 20 YEARS FOR RAPE `SENSELESS CRUELTY' OF CRIMES PROMPTS JUDGE TO NEARLY DOUBLE NORMAL MAXIMUM SENTENCE

Local Man Claims Woman Raped Him - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego - this case was dismissed due to "lack of evidence"

Three women abduct, rape man in Karachi - Pakistan - World - NEWS - The Times of India

Im just saying..it does happen

Last edited by solytaire; 09-23-2009 at 12:35 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 12:29 PM

42 posts, read 76,624 times
I actually removed the post because I realized there can be male on male rape or abuse also. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzfish View Post
I actually removed the post because I realized there can be male on male rape or abuse also. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Oh no prob..no offense taken here, it was actually a pretty good question, and one that often gets overlooked for one reason or another.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:16 PM

48,913 posts, read 45,129,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDrunk View Post
So many rapes out there are simply irresponsible women who changed their mind after the fact.
so many out there would have you believe rapes dont happen its all a frame up, san bruno jail does not have any rapists, just victims of false accusations.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:10 AM

Ahh...gotta love double standards!..lol

Old 09-26-2009, 05:50 AM

1,056 posts, read 567,258 times
wow. now those 4 boys that spent time in jail can sue the county and we as the tax payers, have to pay for it. great going, nassau county. at least give us some vindication and put her jail like you did with the innocent kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island