U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:40 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,266,088 times

Advertisements

How would I be able to get to Brentwood from NYC? I am planning on either going to Long Island from Queens or from Manhattan's Penn Station. I am sure I have to take the LIRR and from there switch to a bus or something.

I'm planning on going there with a few buddies of mine on Halloween so a friend can take us to Kings County Psychiatric center. However, he is not willing to pick us up or meet us half way, so we must take the LIRR there or around there.

Does anyone know any info on how to get there by public transportation?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 AM

4,529 posts, read 9,842,994 times
Take the LIRR to Brentwood. He can pick you up at the train station. Simple.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:07 PM

518 posts, read 1,538,648 times
lirr on the ronkonkoma line to brentwood. i would be very careful trying to go explore the kings park psych. center tho, over the years they have come to expect people going in there and theres usually security and police nearby. especially on halloween, and i bet u will run into a few other groups of people trying to get in there. i had friends who were stuck in there till about 5 am because the police came and were waiting for them to come out.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
lirr on the ronkonkoma line to brentwood. i would be very careful trying to go explore the kings park psych. center tho, over the years they have come to expect people going in there and theres usually security and police nearby. especially on halloween, and i bet u will run into a few other groups of people trying to get in there. i had friends who were stuck in there till about 5 am because the police came and were waiting for them to come out.

Have you been there before? I am aware of the risk but I LOVE spelunking and that's what allures me to checking out the place. I don't care how long I stay there. From what I hear, the place is pretty big and there's a lot of places to evade to just in case authorities to come.

Also, is the place walking distance? Can I take a bus there? Just in case my friend flakes out.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:55 PM

8,176 posts, read 17,982,545 times
Are you sure you don't mean Pilgrim State? Kings Park is nowhere near Brentwood. Why would anyone want to go there? Are you very young?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 PM

518 posts, read 1,538,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Have you been there before? I am aware of the risk but I LOVE spelunking and that's what allures me to checking out the place. I don't care how long I stay there. From what I hear, the place is pretty big and there's a lot of places to evade to just in case authorities to come.

Also, is the place walking distance? Can I take a bus there? Just in case my friend flakes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Are you sure you don't mean Pilgrim State? Kings Park is nowhere near Brentwood. Why would anyone want to go there? Are you very young?
yea pilgrim state psych. center is in brentwood, but not walking distance from the train station. and at pilgrim they knocked down most of the abandoned buildings, most of the rest are still in use. as for the kings park center, thats about a 15 min car ride from brentwood. i went there probably like 8-9 years ago, def. creepy and very big. the main building is the main attraction tho, very creepy and probably very unhealthy inside there. lots of animal droppings, graffiti, dust, and who knows what else..

Old 09-21-2009, 10:19 PM

2,940 posts, read 6,964,932 times
You're better off taking the LIRR to Kings Park. Brentwood is scarier than an abandoned hospital! At night its even worse.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:00 PM

99 posts, read 233,886 times
You have nearly a 100% chance of being arrested that night going there. Security has became more robust, and now if they catch you, they make you go through decontamination due to asbestos etc. Cool place though, I would go there on a less high profile day.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialp View Post
You have nearly a 100% chance of being arrested that night going there. Security has became more robust, and now if they catch you, they make you go through decontamination due to asbestos etc. Cool place though, I would go there on a less high profile day.

Well, of course. I am not planning on going on Halloween for obvious reasons. A lot of people will go there looking for a spook and on top of everything security presence will definitely be robust and on point 100% no doubt.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
You're better off taking the LIRR to Kings Park. Brentwood is scarier than an abandoned hospital! At night its even worse.

So, the the LIRR goes to King Park where the psychiatric center is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or