Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:07 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,033 times

Advertisements

[quote=Jdawg8181;10892348]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post

I actually agree with ILoveLIBut...

If a person doesn't want to give into peer pressure, they wont. It is their own stupid fault for doing so.
wow, its really that simple? You should run for president.
I have no idea how old you are but I can assure you that there is at least one teen member of your family or a teen neighbor that shoots up pills or heroin. When it rears its ugly head and reaches out and touches you personally we'll see if your tune changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 06:44 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post

I have no idea how old you are but I can assure you that there is at least one teen member of your family or a teen neighbor that shoots up pills or heroin. When it rears its ugly head and reaches out and touches you personally we'll see if your tune changes.
It is that simple, how hard is it to tell someone to back up out of your face when they ask you to do drugs with them? Everyday I see what drugs can do to people (junkies walking around), seeing junkies or not I wouldn't do drugs anyway.

This is coming from a teenager too.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:55 AM

316 posts, read 989,585 times
This is the gateway: uncontrolled pharmaceutical advertising (pills are koool!), oblivious pill-popping parents (wha? not MY kids!), the proliferation of drive-thru pharmacies (there's a CVS every 500 feet on LI).

Old 09-24-2009, 07:01 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,344,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boan View Post
This is the gateway: uncontrolled pharmaceutical advertising (pills are koool!), oblivious pill-popping parents (wha? not MY kids!), the proliferation of drive-thru pharmacies (there's a CVS every 500 feet on LI).

Legal drug sales is a billion dollar industry. So is Illegal drug sales.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:03 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,344,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
For two days in a row, channel 2, CBS, have had stories in the news about the Heroin problem in Nassau and Suffolk Counties, in Long Island, and have outlined the many young lives lost to this scourge, in those counties. It breaks my heart to hear about beautiful, young people losing their lives of overdoses.

We had a similar problem in our street sometime ago. I remember that between a certain hour, while I was walking my dog, I will see cars cruising a certain corner, talking to some kids from the neighborhood, and I began to get suspicious about what was taking place right under my nose. So I began to watch them, and taking their license plates, without they seeing me writing. This went on for a while, and I began to find small plastic bags on the ground.

I spoke to some of my neighbors, and we all began to watch the action, one of us at a time, not to look suspicious. Then we met with the local police, and gave them all the license plates. The police began to come around in UNMARKED CARS, and BINGO the dealer was caught, and put in jail where he belongs. Now, there is not a car in that street from the outside.

I think the mistake many parents make is that they feel that because their kids is in the corner of a residential area, he/she is safe, BUT THE CANDY MAN IS COMING TO THE FRONT DOOR................................... NOW.

Know what we should do? We should initiate a "War on drugs". That will cure it.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:19 AM

1,302 posts, read 3,306,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
Know what we should do? We should initiate a "War on drugs". That will cure it.
(Nodding my head vigorously)...so true.

Would solve it in like ten...well...ummm

Old 09-24-2009, 07:34 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
[quote=KellyFG;10895406]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post

it HAS touched me personally- my cousin- tone didn't change. Love how you think you know me.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:34 AM

316 posts, read 989,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
Legal drug sales is a billion dollar industry. So is Illegal drug sales.
Legal drugs are more heavily advertised than the illegal ones. Just sayin'.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
It is that simple, how hard is it to tell someone to back up out of your face when they ask you to do drugs with them? Everyday I see what drugs can do to people (junkies walking around), seeing junkies or not I wouldn't do drugs anyway.

This is coming from a teenager too.
yeah seriously! I have said "no" a billion times. No one has ever said anything bad to or about me saying no...usually an "oh that's cool, man"...and if they do, then are they really people you want to be associating with anyway?

Old 09-24-2009, 07:37 AM

[quote=KellyFG;10895406]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post

How hard is it to just Moderator cut: language say no?

Last edited by nancy thereader; 09-24-2009 at 07:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island