Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:00 PM

265 posts, read 945,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
cripes, greenspan, give it a rest already
This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 11:29 AM

75 posts, read 562,996 times
Uniondale isn't as bad as Roosevelt or Hempstead but it is BAD NEWS. It's worse than Elmont.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:03 PM

65 posts, read 161,676 times
It's not a good area. And it is not ethnically diverse - pretty much everyone there is black. So if you could afford anywhere else pretty much, you should stay away from uniondale.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 12,294 times
Uniondale is mostly black, but not like close to 100% black. There is a lot of other ethnicity here, mainly latino. You will see lots of carib biz. Lots of latino biz nowadays. The freakin hispanics make pizza, and platanos & tostones are made in the chinese food places for cryin out loud. Can't stand that every other store is a chinese food/nail spot or jamaican food place or a latino bodega/hangout or a barber shop. There's like 25 churches in this SMALL town. Now there are gangs...do they do drive by's? No. Are they a problem? yes. Nassau rd isn't nice. Less than 50% of kids take pride in education, but educational resources are available for those that do want to make something of themselves. There are kids that get to Ivy league and division 1A schools. I HATE the non-legal housing problem here. It was never here B4, now it's all over. Most have pride in home ownership. I have lived here since I was 4, and sorry to say...It has gone to crap! It could be worse, but it could be better. They need a police station in this hamlet, a board that allows/determines if a biz's can open up shop & a board to regulate this damn housing issue very closely. This is/was a single family home town...now it's way too crowded.SMH the car parking on the street issue is way out of control. Raise taxes to weed out those who can't afford being in the suburbs so the trash can no longer afford to move here. A lot of persons are moving here from 3rd world countries/the city and don't know what it means to show concern or have pride in your single family home! Yeesh!

Last edited by pappa beer; 11-21-2010 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-20-2011, 03:52 PM

4 posts, read 9,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Its a drug and gang infested black getto you cant leave a car on the street, the LIRR is not walking distance
FORGET ABOUT IT especially those former "projects"

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:33 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,770,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaVox View Post
You have no clue what you're talking about.
FYI this is a 4 year old thread. Nor has Joe L logged on since 2008.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:29 PM

10 posts, read 13,282 times
Hi guys I'm new to this site.. I'm looking into moving to Uniondale NY, I've looked at other areas but the taxes is so high.. I also look at Baldwin area, which seem ok. I'm not really familiar with Nassau county, I'm from queens, any input will be appreciated, thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island