Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 04:00 PM

852 posts, read 2,017,373 times

Advertisements

You like train wrecks? Should have been in Huntington today near Hecksher Park where the Suffolk County Police had NO PLAN to handle the traffic on 25A after they shut it down for a parade. This was mind-bogglingly stupid.

Heading west on 25A, you were routed to the right at Park. Roughly 7 cops blocked traffic, but waived people in no direction. There were NO detour signs. No police directing the way - AT ALL! So cars followed each other. Once a car took a turn, everyone else would follow - even into residential dead-ends.

So, all of the 25A traffic was left to the local small-street traffic lights, which gave time for about 4 cars to get through. It gets worse - in many instance, cops were at the lights talking to friends or scratching their nutz. At one intersection, I yelled to a cop, who was talking to a friend in car who was hemming up traffic, "Hey - Direct Traffic!" He chose to stare me down with that I-Make-$108,000-minimum-annually glare.

This was the height of incompetence. A 4-year old could have planned that detour better than these baffoons. These are the dips who take criminology as a degree. They were tards when I went to college 20 years ago. Now they take online courses, so they don't even have to think. This is some pathetic incompetent crap!

Old 10-11-2009, 04:52 PM

6 posts, read 27,823 times
Sounds like you have deep issues with the brave men and women in law enforcement, issues that go beyond what happened today.

For you to call them "dips" and "tards" is disgraceful..

Old 10-11-2009, 05:30 PM

292 posts, read 820,097 times
Your first mistake was driving into Huntington on the day of the festival...a rookie mistake.

And really - tards? How old are you?

Old 10-11-2009, 05:33 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,580,789 times
What a retarded post. Go home to mommy

Old 10-11-2009, 07:33 PM

939 posts, read 2,311,228 times
traffic control is not scpd's strong point...

Old 10-11-2009, 07:51 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,321,532 times
I agree with the OP's anger, they should be directing traffic. This happens all the time, planned closures and construction and they just leave it up to the lights. Only when someone loses their patience and goes through the light will the cop actually do something, and that something of course is writing the light-runner a ticket.
But as bad as it is, imagine folks who take the bus, who are left in the dark as to where the bus will be stopping. That's what happened with the N22 and N35 buses when Post Ave and Maple Ave were closed for the yearly Westbury street fair, no one at the NCPD or MTA even bothered to put up signs. This detour wasn't listed on the LI Bus service advisory page either. Somehow they can put up notices for bus route detours in the city but Long Island isn't important I guess.
So, you could've avoided the Huntington mess, but for folks who may need a bus in that area they cant avoid it. Of course being a Sunday, there's no buses in Suffolk anyway, since Suffolk still thinks it's the year 1955.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:32 AM

852 posts, read 2,017,373 times
Default Oh, I've had a real need.

Moderator cut: deleted post

I've written here before about the two-year process of dealing with a drug dealer across the street from my house. Precinct two did absolutely nothing about it. Over a two-year period, I could get nothing more done than a cop car to show up long after the obvious open-air dealing was going on. They'd drive past slowly, as if to say, "We know what's going on in there." But if the dealer has half a brain, they know that after the 30th roll-by nothing is going to happen - and nothing ever happened.

The most fun came when you'd call one day and the person you are speaking with says, "Well, why've you been talking to Ted for the past 8 months? He doesn't even handle those things." Or sometimes they'd say, "Well, I'm sorry but daytime narcotics is on vacation this month, you need to call in the evening." One guy even remarked, "I know you don't think we should get vacations, but..."

This went on until I called my state rep. But very quickly died down. They never got the guy, and he was back to selling within a month. Now I have a new guy selling pills next door. So, Suffolk cops, with an ally in their corner, managed to help grow the drug problem on my street.

I hope you never need them either.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-12-2009 at 02:27 PM..

Old 10-12-2009, 04:42 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
I've written here before about the two-year process of dealing with a drug dealer across the street from my house. Precinct two did absolutely nothing about it. Over a two-year period, I could get nothing more done than a cop car to show up long after the obvious open-air dealing was going on. They'd drive past slowly, as if to say, "We know what's going on in there." But if the dealer has half a brain, they know that after the 30th roll-by nothing is going to happen - and nothing ever happened.

The most fun came when you'd call one day and the person you are speaking with says, "Well, why've you been talking to Ted for the past 8 months? He doesn't even handle those things." Or sometimes they'd say, "Well, I'm sorry but daytime narcotics is on vacation this month, you need to call in the evening." One guy even remarked, "I know you don't think we should get vacations, but..."

This went on until I called my state rep. But very quickly died down. They never got the guy, and he was back to selling within a month. Now I have a new guy selling pills next door. So, Suffolk cops, with an ally in their corner, managed to help grow the drug problem on my street.

I hope you never need them either.
Typical of the SCPD, I have a similar situation in my neighborhood. Thankfully, the problem person decided to pack up and move to another state

I remember one time they had a party at the house and their were a whole bunch of teenagers having a fist fight in the street so I called 911 and they were like "oh we don't deal with quality of life issues" and told me to call the town's public safety department (who are unarmed and don't even have peace officer status much less police officer status). Hey SCPD idiot, a fight is a crime in progress (suppose someone pulled a knife?) and not a "quality of life issue"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island