Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 03:01 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,139,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
I'm currently searching for a house. Can you tell me what areas were affected by the plume? I don't think I'd want a house in the affected area.

They changed the name of Terminal road to Belle Meade when everyone was coming down with( terminal) cancer.

Everything near there be very afraid of.
Particularly Robinhood etc.They took a 100k settlement for the spill in the 80s

I pesonally know of 3 cancer related deaths in that neighborhood.

Those people in the 3V Club (Dee included) are out of there effing minds for building/buying there .

Croooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 03:05 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,999,475 times
See my updated post. Crooks is right, it's not just East of Belle Meade, it's basically east of Pond Path, maybe further.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:19 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,324,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
See my updated post. Crooks is right, it's not just East of Belle Meade, it's basically east of Pond Path, maybe further.
Thanks for the update. That is scary.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Thanks for the update. That is scary.
Stay the F outta there.

If you want affordable and nice 3V go w Strathmore.

Crooks

Old 10-19-2009, 04:11 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,394,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Stay the F outta there.

If you want affordable and nice 3V go w Strathmore.

Crooks

Agreed. Very nice, and a lil more affordable in the last year. Taxes unfortunately are a bit high, but "normal" for 3V.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:50 PM

1,214 posts, read 3,636,487 times
I went to Englebright's office about 3 years after the Northville spill and enquired where it specifically spread to. Their answer was that it spread northwest and west from the corner of Belle Meade and Upper Sheep Pasture. Nassakeag Elementary has a class action suit against the company. Teachers were getting sick.

If you want a reasonably priced house in Three Village away from the spill go take a look at all of the Strathmore sections (as someone else already suggested) and different pockets of houses in an around Three Village. And there are some reasonable buys north of 25A too, as long as you're not looking for a large house - check out Lotowana Lane, Lubber Lane, etc. One of the local realtors such as Hickey and Smith may be your best source of modest, reasonably priced houses. You never know what's out there until you actually to start to seriously look.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaII View Post
I went to Englebright's office about 3 years after the Northville spill and enquired where it specifically spread to. Their answer was that it spread northwest and west from the corner of Belle Meade and Upper Sheep Pasture. Nassakeag Elementary has a class action suit against the company. Teachers were getting sick.

If you want a reasonably priced house in Three Village away from the spill go take a look at all of the Strathmore sections (as someone else already suggested) and different pockets of houses in an around Three Village. And there are some reasonable buys north of 25A too, as long as you're not looking for a large house - check out Lotowana Lane, Lubber Lane, etc. One of the local realtors such as Hickey and Smith may be your best source of modest, reasonably priced houses. You never know what's out there until you actually to start to seriously look.
Bargains on Lotowanna and Lubber?

Im stunned.

They were big dollars even back in the day.

Crooks

Old 10-19-2009, 07:38 PM

1,214 posts, read 3,636,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Bargains on Lotowanna and Lubber?

Im stunned.

They were big dollars even back in the day.

Crooks
Both of those streets have modest-sized houses on them. Prices aren't anywhere nearly as high as their surrounding areas. Like I said, there are pockets of reasonably priced houses, but expect capes.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaII View Post
Both of those streets have modest-sized houses on them. Prices aren't anywhere nearly as high as their surrounding areas. Like I said, there are pockets of reasonably priced houses, but expect capes.
Wow

Even a cape under 4 would be a hell of a buy over there.

Crooks

Old 10-20-2009, 06:54 AM

231 posts, read 959,062 times
Lately I've noticed a lot of quick price drops right after listing - with nice size amounts. One on our street came on the market two weeks ago for 454k they had an open house last week - yesterday it was reduced to 429k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island