Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 05:59 PM

2 posts, read 11,434 times

Advertisements

Hello, new member here, looking forward to hanging out with you all. Question...anyone from Patchogue or East Patchogue notice an influx of vagrants, drunks and beggars in the area? I live down by the old Dockside 500 and I cannot go to any store in the area without being accosted. At the Mobil station on montauk highway/101, I had to physically defend myself about a week ago, there, the macdonalds, pizza places, swan deli, they're everywhere. This is definitely a new development, did a methodone clinic of halfway house open in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,112,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1976 View Post
Hello, new member here, looking forward to hanging out with you all. Question...anyone from Patchogue or East Patchogue notice an influx of vagrants, drunks and beggars in the area? I live down by the old Dockside 500 and I cannot go to any store in the area without being accosted. At the Mobil station on montauk highway/101, I had to physically defend myself about a week ago, there, the macdonalds, pizza places, swan deli, they're everywhere. This is definitely a new development, did a methodone clinic of halfway house open in the area?

Patchogue Village looks Great....E. Patchogue,not so much.

Sadly Patchogue Villages advances have been to to the detriment of E. Patchogue, Bellport and Medford.

Hats off to Paul Pontieri.
Fix the schools and you have the next Babylon Vilaage in the works.

Crooks

Old 10-19-2009, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 11,434 times
Thanks for the reply, perhaps I should have qualified the area better, by East Patchogue I mean south of South Country Rd, west of bellport village and east of the Montauk Highway South Country rd merge, this is a very nice little community here. As soon as you get to the area by the new Lowes at 101 and montauk highway, it's night of the living dead all off a sudden

Old 10-19-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, perhaps I should have qualified the area better, by East Patchogue I mean south of South Country Rd, west of bellport village and east of the Montauk Highway South Country rd merge, this is a very nice little community here. As soon as you get to the area by the new Lowes at 101 and montauk highway, it's night of the living dead all off a sudden
Indeed it is.

That areas very nice.I love the Pine Grove.

Again it seems like all the skels are being flushed out of the village your way and up to Medford.

Crooks

Old 10-20-2009, 07:26 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,328,460 times
Quote:

I live close enough but have not seen any of this.
Is this a night time thing or is this going down during daylight hours?
I would suggest calling the police whenever you see this kind of stuff. Become a pest if you have to. It's your hometown and you should try to protect it.
Patchogue Village "Looks good" because they got a lot of money from the fed and State to "Revitalize". The surrounding neighborhoods are still pretty bad though. I normally do not jump on the "Immigrant" bandwagon but it's well known Patch Village is filled with twenty hispanic people living in a single house. Even down by the water.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:35 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,965,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Patchogue Village looks Great....E. Patchogue,not so much.

Sadly Patchogue Villages advances have been to to the detriment of E. Patchogue, Bellport and Medford.

Hats off to Paul Pontieri.
Fix the schools and you have the next Babylon Vilaage in the works.

Crooks
Hats off to them if they manage to do that. I wouldn't bet my money on it.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,328,460 times
Which district needs fixing? Patch-Med, South Country or both?

Old 10-20-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
Which district needs fixing? Patch-Med, South Country or both?

Both.

Start with Pat-Med.

Thats your diamond in the rough.

SoCos an odd duck, old money and abject poverty are rarely a recipe for success.

Crooks

Old 10-20-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I live close enough but have not seen any of this.
Is this a night time thing or is this going down during daylight hours?
I would suggest calling the police whenever you see this kind of stuff. Become a pest if you have to. It's your hometown and you should try to protect it.
Patchogue Village "Looks good" because they got a lot of money from the fed and State to "Revitalize". The surrounding neighborhoods are still pretty bad though. I normally do not jump on the "Immigrant" bandwagon but it's well known Patch Village is filled with twenty hispanic people living in a single house. Even down by the water.
Actually that stuff is really is on the fringe of the Village.

Patchogue Village is shaping up nicely.They still have ther work cut out for them by the old Plaza theater(Not sure if thats the Village or not) but down by the water is looking pretty nice these days.

If schools didnt matter Id buy in Patchogue Vil in a heartbeat.

Crooks

Old 10-20-2009, 09:07 AM

732 posts, read 1,729,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Patchogue Village is shaping up nicely.They still have ther work cut out for them by the old Plaza theater(Not sure if thats the Village or not) but down by the water is looking pretty nice these days.
Crooks
It's not the village. Village line is 112 or Bay Avenue, I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island