Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 01:50 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
What's that losing everything you used to have and being told NO!
There is nothing here to get anymore, you have to go everywhere else now...

What is so great here now....the shopping? Or the tracking of the child molesters living here in great numbers...
Long island lost everything it was....Everything it had to make it great...all gone...
Now it is just a land of imbecile voters, slowly killing themselves...

To the OP, i moved to Long Island becuase it was the Land of motorsports, and that drew all kinds of wonderful things here...
As the motorsports was pushed out for insane reasoning mostly all the other wonderful things left with it....

Now im stuck here, and if not for this damn business i have, OP i would be gone....it is unfortunately an anchor, anchoring me here...people here are retarded, they vote for jackasses that in turn do as they please....or do NOTHING at all....
Let this island die, and hopefully all the idiots stay and not move somewhere else and ruin that......don't come here...
Mooresville, NC is a major NASCAR stronghold. You might like it there.

About the voters, yes you are right. That's why I am voting against ALL INCUMBENTS until we actually find people worthy of reelecting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 01:59 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,333,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
She's been wanting to get out of the condo and move to a house for a long time so I am sure she is very happy. Maybe the house she is moving to would have been much more expensive if the market was at the point right now where she wouldn't have taken a loss on the condo so it possibly evens out anyway.

Congrats to LIgirl74!
I totally second this !
By selling your current home and upgrading you will definitely get a better bargain. Its the misconception that you have to get top dollar for the current house (I believe worst time to upgrade)....
Of course when you have to downgrade the opposite is true, which is why I see a lot of elderly people sell this year and get out of the market before their fears are realized.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:50 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
Freeport had a track too. Heyday was probably 60s-70s-80s?
Islip had a track, as well. I used to love going to the demo derbys as a kid. I remember very serious races out East where people would legally drag - it was big. No idea if it even exists anymore.

Quote:
Mooresville, NC is a major NASCAR stronghold. You might like it there.
I lived in Mooresville for a year and it's not what you think. You need LI money to live down there the right way because you'll want to live the whole Lake Norman lifestyle. NASCAR has a pretty big following all over - even here on LI.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Islip had a track, as well. I used to love going to the demo derbys as a kid. I remember very serious races out East where people would legally drag - it was big. No idea if it even exists anymore.

I lived in Mooresville for a year and it's not what you think. You need LI money to live down there the right way because you'll want to live the whole Lake Norman lifestyle. NASCAR has a pretty big following all over - even here on LI.
I am confused. What do you think I think Mooresville is?

I have a friend who moved directly to Mooresville, NC from LI and she says it is a town where NASCAR is headquartered or that NASCAR has industry there.

So if he likes car racing, perhaps he would like it there and maybe even get a job at NASCAR. Who knows. That is why I recommended it to him. Would you NOT recommend Mooresville for a car racing fan?

Old 10-22-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I am confused. What do you think I think Mooresville is?

I have a friend who moved directly to Mooresville, NC from LI and she says it is a town where NASCAR is headquartered or that NASCAR has industry there.

So if he likes car racing, perhaps he would like it there and maybe even get a job at NASCAR. Who knows. That is why I recommended it to him. Would you NOT recommend Mooresville for a car racing fan?
Yes, Mooresville is "Race City USA" and there's a museum... yes, a couple of the race teams are based there. There's a tech school for "NASCAR placement" where they teach various aspects of the industry. All - yes. yes and yes.

In the end, though, it's a Lake community and I would not recommend it specifically for a "car racing fan". You can live in many surrounding areas and be a part of all that "NASCAR stuff" without paying the price tag of the Lake.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Yes, Mooresville is "Race City USA" and there's a museum... yes, a couple of the race teams are based there. There's a tech school for "NASCAR placement" where they teach various aspects of the industry. All - yes. yes and yes.

In the end, though, it's a Lake community and I would not recommend it specifically for a "car racing fan". You can live in many surrounding areas and be a part of all that "NASCAR stuff" without paying the price tag of the Lake.
I see. So you suspect that LIMA cannot afford it there, although many LI'ers can afford it and have moved there. Okay then. I don't know much about him.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I see. So you suspect that LIMA cannot afford it there, although many LI'ers can afford it and have moved there. Okay then. I don't know much about him.
Oh wow - I was basing this strictly on the earning numbers from the OP... People are wisely cautioning against making those numbers work on LI. I'm just trying to say that if the numbers are tight here, I wouldn't personally see living in Mooresville.

My bad for missing the connection to LIMA, who doesn't have numbers listed.

In the end, you're paying a premium for Mooresville based on the Lake, not NASCAR.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Oh wow - I was basing this strictly on the earning numbers from the OP... People are wisely cautioning against making those numbers work on LI. I'm just trying to say that if the numbers are tight here, I wouldn't personally see living in Mooresville.

My bad for missing the connection to LIMA, who doesn't have numbers listed.

In the end, you're paying a premium for Mooresville based on the Lake, not NASCAR.
Yes we got off track. This happens a lot.

The OP was not the person who mentioned liking car racing.

LIMA got off topic talking about that and one thing led to another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island