U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-11-2009, 09:06 PM

973 posts, read 1,085,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
yeah but those numbers could be from 2006...we don't know specifically what year. I am not saying you are wrong, that just seems so low...Most people I know are making that by themselves. If you have a family with 2 or 3 teachers, that household would make way more than that collectively...and there are a lot of LI teachers.
I am showing you numbers. You are telling me what you guess and feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 09:07 PM

6,046 posts, read 6,980,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCAnalyst View Post
If someone gets a 920 on their SAT's they are not getting into very good schools, unless they are recruited for Athletics.
Not true. I got into Geneseo...I didn't end up going there but I could have if I wanted. I was #15 in my graduating class w/ a 920 on my SATS and an amazing GPA.

You are so wrong, sorry.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Also it doesn't say how many people make up the household. I could see that being a realistic # for 2 people. If 4 people are working, it's gotta be higher.
household is however many people live in a home unit.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
household is however many people live in a home unit.
yes but with 4 people working, $93k per household doesn't seem at all right. That would mean each person is only making about $25k.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:10 PM

784 posts, read 1,708,178 times
Quote:
Not true. I got into Geneseo...I didn't end up going there but I could have if I wanted. I was #15 in my graduating class w/ a 920 on my SATS and an amazing GPA.

You are so wrong, sorry.
Dude I am sorry to say this, but Geneseo is not a good school. If you were #15 in your graduating class then your high school must not be that great. I had decent grades (ranked in top 8% of my class), got a 1350 SAT and was offered a full scholarship.

I mean, the valedictorian of Abraham Lincoln HS (very bad HS in NYC) went to Penn State but I don't consider that a good school, and I don't consider him smart.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Dude I am sorry to say this, but Geneseo is not a good school. If you were #15 in your graduating class then your high school must not be that great. I had decent grades (ranked in top 8% of my class), got a 1350 SAT and was offered a full scholarship.

I mean, the valedictorian of Abraham Lincoln HS (very bad HS in NYC) went to Penn State but I don't consider that a good school, and I don't consider him smart.
Geneseo is one of the better ranked schools. I didn't get into ivy league b/c I didn't apply for them b/c my parents didn't have the money. I had to stay in the SUNY system for financial reasons.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:12 PM

784 posts, read 1,708,178 times
Quote:
The medium household income in Nassau is about 90k.

I doubt you will be seeing many 20 somethings making more then most households.

This is one of the problems with LI. We all live in dreams worlds.
You don't see many 20 somethings making more then most households.

But then again you don't see many 20 somethings with MBA's from Wharton, Stanford, etc.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
yes but with 4 people working, $93k per household doesn't seem at all right. That would mean each person is only making about $25k.

That is why it is a medium or average and not a list every household makeup with specific data.

Some houses have 1 person working and pull in 400k a year. Some have 5 working and pull in 62k a year. The medium of all these in Nassau is about 93k.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:

So if he got the same exact grades and SAT's from a different school and still went to Penn State, THEN would you consider him smart?

Old 11-11-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
That is why it is a medium or average and not a list every household makeup with specific data.

Some houses have 1 person working and pull in 400k a year. Some have 5 working and pull in 62k a year. The medium of all these in Nassau is about 93k.
Wow...and since Nassau is one of the richest counties, this country is so poor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island