Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Generally speaking I find the the folks that hate it most here either cant afford it (or are struggl
Agree 57 54.81%
Disagree 47 45.19%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 02:58 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,214,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
WOW! what an interesting and disturbing collection of pics. I bet that pool didn't last more than a day or 2. Is that a diving board or lifeguard post above it??
The diving board is the trampoline next to the pool. The thing above the pool is where you hang out and drink your beer and smoke your cigs when not swimming. Notice it even has something over it to provide shade while spending long, sunny afternoons at Ronkonkomoan's pool! J/K ...

Old 12-30-2010, 03:08 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,938,802 times
Those are some pics L.I. But to paint the rest of the county with a board brush like that isn't fair either. Yes they're unfortunate people of all races that live below the poverty line but does it make one feel better to post about it? See that's the double standard you talk about...you could post Redneck Rivera pictures but G-D forbid I or anyone else that left the Island, post a pic of their home or their surrounding area you go nuts

Old 12-30-2010, 03:14 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,981,514 times
Those pics were awesome! But you do know there are trailer parks on Long Island don't you?!?

Old 12-30-2010, 03:19 PM

22,634 posts, read 36,598,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Actually, it is pics of the people and surroundings you will find when you relocate off the hated LISo there's your future surroundings and companions after retirement. Idyllic, ain't it?
This is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin. But if it keeps people with a certain mindset on Long Island, keep posting them. And when your property taxes are $20K a year in western Nassau, you can refer back to these pictures since it'll give you tips on how to heat your water and keep your beverages cold when you can't afford any other way. I did like the redneck alarm though. That was funny.

I just spend 2 days on LI and all I'll say is we left skid marks on the road when we left. I won't even bother posting pictures of where I live...I let BigMike's pics do the talking

Old 12-30-2010, 03:25 PM

19,104 posts, read 16,913,475 times
Just saw the pics! ROTHFLMAO! Definitely some classics I have seen before but a few new ones..

Old 12-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Status: " You’re not getting another penny out of me" (set 8 days ago)

19,729 posts, read 20,525,579 times
Those pics resemble Rocky Point up until a decade ago...seriously...

Old 12-30-2010, 03:56 PM

51 posts, read 109,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

I see your problem! You have KY. confused with Alabama!

Gotta make an email out of that post! Forward it to my neighbors.... No...wait...they'll think I'm making fun of them!

Old 12-30-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Those pics resemble Rocky Point up until a decade ago...seriously...
HAhahaha!!! Mastic/Shirley probably still looks like the pics to this day!

Old 12-30-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
While you made several interesting points in your list, and while I have my own beefs with Long Island, there is one thing that Kentucky has that you will never find on Long Island, and that is the Creation Museum.

That right there gives Long Island the win, because if there is one bit of lunacy I never want to be around, it's the lunacy necessary for believing that dinosaurs and humans walked the earth at the same time.

Are there anti-science types here? Yes, sure. But they are in the (rather small) minority, thank FSM.

So you enjoy the exhibit where "Children play and dinosaurs roam near Eden’s Rivers." I'll stick with Brookhaven National Lab and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Ah, yes, I am familiar with Ken Ham's organization- but do prefer Kent Hovind's in Pensecola, FL.

Science? Evolution? Sorry my friend- saying that the rocks are dated by the types of fossils which they contain, and that the fossils are dated by the rock they are found in is circular reasoning.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:03 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,214,484 times
Do you really think I believe that is the "south" in its entirety?

Some of you people don't know satire when you see it.

I was posting pics along to Ronkonkomoan's descriptions of rural Kentucky.

Notice he is not complaining, but laughing along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island