Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 11:01 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,804 times

Advertisements

lets be serious, if we had to evacuate, we'd never make it to the nearest highway, let alone a bridge or tunnel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 11:13 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,340,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
lets be serious, if we had to evacuate, we'd never make it to the nearest highway, let alone a bridge or tunnel.
Exactly. Thats why I made up my mind that if I'm still on the Island, just stay with the family and whatever happens, happens.

Either that, or move off the Island.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:04 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,510,359 times
If there was a meteor about to hit, or a nuclear weapon about to explode or some other far fetched ridiculous scenario that will never happen, I would loot the supermarket for as much food, beer and cigarettes as I could grab, then fill up as many gas tanks as I could fit in my car, drive down to the marina and steal the biggest, fastest boat I could find. I'm sure they're not that hard to hotwire. That way, if I couldn't go back to the mainland anywhere near NYC/LI for awhile I could sail down the coast or up to Canada and wade out the disaster on the high seas. That actually sounds like a lot of fun....

If we ever got hit with a Cat-5 hurricane, I'm probably far enough inland that I wouldn't have to worry about flooding. I just looked it up, I'm about 4 miles from the bay and 7 miles from the ocean. If for some reason the waters started coming up that far, I'd drive my car up to the top of Mount Misery (highest point on LI) and wait for the storm to pass. No problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island