Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 11:55 PM

7 posts, read 5,505 times

Advertisements

I knew a number of waterproofers in Sydney who had a lifelong expertise in waterproofing solutions. Even though waterproofing externally can stop leakage, it’s just a temporary stoppage. A really effective waterproofing that lasts should be performed from the inside out. Consult at titanwaterproofing.com.au to determine what kind of waterproofing solution applies to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 06:06 PM

10 posts, read 16,817 times
I had a french drain put in my house in Brookhaven Hamlet did not always work. I still got water in the basement on occasion.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:30 AM

622 posts, read 848,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mrs.b.i View Post
I met with Allure and the Corning System, it seems like a great product, way to expensive from Allure (30k+).

Although the Corning system will HELP (harder to have mold grown on it, etc.), it will not save your furniture from a leak / moisture damage.

At this point my plan is to do the best job waterproofing, whatever that may be, and then finish it the plain ol' way.

Regardless, still looking for references for water proofing companies.
Or you could use sheet foam products (EPS, etc.), sprayed foam products, etc., to create the same vapor barrier as the OC System. The idea is to allow some of the moisture to evaporate while preventing most of it from reaching the 'conditioned' living space. Put up the vapor barrier, then frame. Line the floor with foam board as well. Frame the walls and put two layers of 3/8" plywood (or the flooring system of your choice) on the floor. Fill the framing cavities with unfaced fiberglass batting. Sheetrock. Viola! You have a dry, comfortable basement without odors or mold. Now, if you have problems, ie., flooding, standing water, high water table you'll need more experienced help and mondo more $$, but you get the idea.

Drylock is not really a solution.

I don't know how big your basement is, but I think Allure is crazy.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:09 PM

63 posts, read 168,892 times
What did you guys do for heating and cooling the finished basement? I have a hydronic water gas boiler that I can add a zone two. Currently I have 3 zones (1st FL, 2nd FL, and hot water) and just run baseboard in the basement.

For cooling, is central air a good idea or will a dehumidifer (like a humidex) suffice?

TIA

Old 06-25-2018, 05:59 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,947,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qatar12 View Post
i think everyone wants a healthy home so for important is waterproofing basement. They provide your home fully new look and safty.
wtf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island