Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 05:17 AM

2 posts, read 8,222 times

Advertisements

Try Wings Over Farmingdale. Yeah, it's a franchise, but what isn't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 01:09 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
I have been upstate,just west of Rochester for a year but coming back next month so I know what good wings are based on proximity to Buffalo.Alot of good wings here but on the island The Wellington on the border of Coram and Middle Island on middle country rd was always very good.It looks like a hole from the outside,but give it a shot.

Last edited by Lancet71; 01-23-2010 at 01:23 PM..

Old 01-23-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
in what way do LI wings not measure up? it's not really that complicated a recipe.
SIB, he's kind of right. I moved upstate in October 2008 but i'm coming home next month to suffolk county for good.I have tried wings in the midwest,obviously on long island and in the city,but the wings here by Rochester are on another level.Buffalo is about 30 minutes west of me and i've hit the Anchor bar(home of the original buffalo wings) and Duffs too which is also there and it would be like going to Italy for italian food. They are cooked so they're a little more crisp but not overcooked.Alot of meatiness,and solid flavor.Big barry's used to be pretty good when they were around but it will be hard to match up to these.I hope I find some that compare.I'll have to go back to the Wellington to compare my taste buds with their wings.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:09 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
They deep fry 'em upstate, if I'm not mistaken. Makes them crunchy on the outside. They also are usually meatier.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
They deep fry 'em upstate, if I'm not mistaken. Makes them crunchy on the outside. They also are usually meatier.
If you go all over the country most are cooked in an oven and some places do a very brief drop in the oil at the end,then they are rolled in sauce.The one thing is that NO flour used with most good wings.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:32 PM

246 posts, read 430,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Buffalo is about 30 minutes west of me and i've hit the Anchor bar(home of the original buffalo wings) and Duffs too which is also there and it would be like going to Italy for italian food.
I tried Anchor Bar when I was in Buffalo and was very disappointed with the Buffalo wings - though the honey bbq were quite good. I heard afterwards that Duffs is the better of the two and wish I went there instead.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player01 View Post
I tried Anchor Bar when I was in Buffalo and was very disappointed with the Buffalo wings - though the honey bbq were quite good. I heard afterwards that Duffs is the better of the two and wish I went there instead.
Me and the wife did just that.First we hit Anchor bar for a sit down and then took Duff's to go for a comparison.If you polled most people that I spoke to in Buffalo,it would probably be a 55-45 for Duff's.I thought they were both good, but I too thought Duff's was better.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,956 times
This place called wingsover in farmindale located on main st has very good wings. They have a variety of many different sauces and have like 5 different hot sauces from from mild to very hot. My husband is a wings lover and is very paticular about where he get his wings, and so far this place has been the best.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:54 PM

1,725 posts, read 4,035,307 times
Brickhouse Brewery in Patchouge

Old 02-26-2010, 05:54 PM

2 posts, read 12,320 times
The Cornerstone in Mineola, which is owned by the same people who own Massaro's, is a good nieghborhood bar, with the exact same wings, so you can enjoy them on a stool, with a beer, watching a game. This was always my first choice when I lived in Mineola and would get an itchin for some wings.

Wing Zone in East Meadow has really good wings, lots of flavors and heat levels, this is a pure take out spot though so not much atmosphere.

Easy Streets Cafe, Tulip ave, in Franklin Square. Crappy place but there wings are very good. They are known locally to have the best wings in the Floral Park/Franklin Square/NHP area.

Napper Tandy's, in Miller Place has good wings and so does The Bench, in Stonybrook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island