Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2010, 10:22 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where in Nassau I can donate supplies for Haiti?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 11:02 AM

228 posts, read 810,037 times
The official nassau county website gives this number to call to find out about local drop off points 88-684-4278... It says it will be working with a private group in assistance... I saw a facebook message about an independent one near uniondale high school... Depending where exactly you live there are some collection spots going on in with the Haitian communities in Cambria Heights, Springfield Gardens, and Brooklyn..

Old 01-15-2010, 12:58 PM

How you can help

Found something

Old 01-15-2010, 02:07 PM

88 posts, read 480,724 times
Don't donate stuff, donate money. They need water, food, and tents and medical supples. What could individual people possably donate to people who have nothing and are dying in the streets. Your couple of cans of beans or a case of water that gets there around the end of February is not going to do a damn bit of good.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:27 PM

748 posts, read 2,887,208 times
I just got an email from Bethpage Federal Credit union. You can donate items to any branch of bethpage.

• BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY, all branches will be accepting donated items such as water, non-perishable food, baby diapers & wipes, hygiene products, towels & wash cloths, blankets, eyeglasses and feminine products until close of business Tuesday, January 19, 2010. These items will be shipped to Haiti by a plane donated by American Airlines through a Central Islip organization, Haitian Americans United for Change & YOUN A LOT, Inc.
http://images.emailroi.com/users/bethpage/library146.jpg (broken link)http://images.emailroi.com/users/bethpage/library147.jpg (broken link) Items requested and desperately needed include:
  • Water
  • Nupercainal Ointment
  • Triple Antibiotic Ointment
  • Paper Towels
  • Big Garbage Bags
  • Large Bandages
  • Handy Wipes
  • Alcohol Wipes
  • Cotton Balls
  • Regular and Children's Tylenol
  • Blood Pressure Cuffs
  • Eye Drops
  • Disposable Adult Diapers
  • Disposable Baby Diapers
  • Baby Formula
  • Burn Cream
  • Medical Tape
  • Butterfly Closures
  • Butterfly Bandages
  • Hand Sanitizer (individual & large bottles)
  • Nuskin
  • Betadine
  • Children's Benadryl
  • Benadryl Cream
  • Children's Vitamins
  • Non-Latex Gloves (Large)
  • Clean Syringes
  • Alcohol
  • Scalpels (number 6 and 5)
  • Scissors (small, medium and large to cut paper)
  • Thermometers
  • Tweezers
  • Disposable Gowns
  • Hand Soap
  • Hydrogen Peroxide
  • Q-Tips
  • Throat Lozenges
  • Fruit Flavor Tums
  • Masks
  • Lidociane Patches & Cream

Old 01-15-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjes View Post
Don't donate stuff, donate money. They need water, food, and tents and medical supples. What could individual people possably donate to people who have nothing and are dying in the streets. Your couple of cans of beans or a case of water that gets there around the end of February is not going to do a damn bit of good.
Thanks...but I don't have much money...so whatever I have in my home that is what I am donating. I'd rather donate that than nothing at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: