U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 01-20-2010, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
13,694 posts, read 15,366,938 times
Reputation: 4536
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
My sons friend owns a 45 million dollar home on Gin Lane in Southampton.
"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who.... "

#55 James Simons - The World's Billionaires 2009 - Forbes.com

This man could certainly own your son's friend's home, plus the rest of his street. Yet he opts to live in Old Field, on the North Shore. Go figure.

 
Old 01-20-2010, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
13,694 posts, read 15,366,938 times
Reputation: 4536
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO RIDER View Post
the north shore is much different than the south. the south shore has miles and miles of canals whereas the northshore has very limited waterfront property. Ive seen plenty of houses on the north and south and the south seems a bit fancier. the north seems a bit more old fashioned, like in bayville.
Miles and miles of canals, where homeowners charge people to dock in their backyards, making the canals look every bit as congested as the street in front the house.

The north shore has the Sound, which lends itself to sailing which can not be thoroughly enjoyed in the limited south shore bay areas. There are yacht clubs for those of us with boats as opposed to having to trailer them and leave them in the yard. Growing up on the south shore, I saw this all the time down there.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 03:13 PM
 
123 posts, read 31,113 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Miles and miles of canals, where homeowners charge people to dock in their backyards, making the canals look every bit as congested as the street in front the house.

The north shore has the Sound, which lends itself to sailing which can not be thoroughly enjoyed in the limited south shore bay areas. There are yacht clubs for those of us with boats as opposed to having to trailer them and leave them in the yard. Growing up on the south shore, I saw this all the time down there.
my parents never rented dockspace to anyone, even when we didnt own a boat. so, dont lump me in that catagory. I knew plenty of people that didnt do that.

I prefer the ocean over the sound. I dont know....all the garbage floating from nyc down the sound urks me.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 03:15 PM
 
123 posts, read 31,113 times
Reputation: 19
Ive been to plenty of homes on the northshore with boats and trailers in thier driveway.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Northwestern Michigan
937 posts, read 1,592,797 times
Reputation: 391
Honestly, who is so insecure that they need to live in the "most prestigious" area of LI That is so pathetic, it borders on the absurd. But, then again, one of the reasons we don't live on LI anymore is that the mentality in the majority is "What does everyone think of me?" My company dispenses more Viagra per capita on LI then anywhere else in the country. I wonder why?
 
Old 01-20-2010, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
13,694 posts, read 15,366,938 times
Reputation: 4536
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO RIDER View Post
my parents never rented dockspace to anyone, even when we didnt own a boat. so, dont lump me in that catagory. I knew plenty of people that didnt do that.

I prefer the ocean over the sound. I dont know....all the garbage floating from nyc down the sound urks me.
Sour grapes make for a bitter whine.

While your parents might not have rented their backyard dock, their neighbors might have. I know plenty of people down there who have done so. Those people who can't really afford their taxes, those who've bought over their heads, whose mortgages are too high, etc.



Let's see....

Old Field, Head of the Harbor, Nissoquogue with large properties, classic homes, on the Sound, sound views, drive to ocean.

vs

Massapequa, Bellmore, Merrick with small properties, fucco homes, on the bay, bayviews, drive to ocean.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 07:12 PM
 
7,658 posts, read 10,543,794 times
Reputation: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Sour grapes make for a bitter whine.

While your parents might not have rented their backyard dock, their neighbors might have. I know plenty of people down there who have done so. Those people who can't really afford their taxes, those who've bought over their heads, whose mortgages are too high, etc.



Let's see....

Old Field, Head of the Harbor, Nissoquogue with large properties, classic homes, on the Sound, sound views, drive to ocean.

vs

Massapequa, Bellmore, Merrick with small properties, fucco homes, on the bay, bayviews, drive to ocean.
Lets see.


Buttafucco.

What the fucco?
 
Old 01-20-2010, 07:21 PM
 
1,783 posts, read 1,980,257 times
Reputation: 748
Which area is most prestigious? This thread is retarded.
 
Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
13,694 posts, read 15,366,938 times
Reputation: 4536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Honestly, who is so insecure that they need to live in the "most prestigious" area of LI That is so pathetic, it borders on the absurd. But, then again, one of the reasons we don't live on LI anymore is that the mentality in the majority is "What does everyone think of me?" My company dispenses more Viagra per capita on LI then anywhere else in the country. I wonder why?
and just how many of those Viagra poppers are driving expensive sports cars?
 
Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 PM
 
7,658 posts, read 10,543,794 times
Reputation: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Honestly, who is so insecure that they need to live in the "most prestigious" area of LI That is so pathetic, it borders on the absurd. But, then again, one of the reasons we don't live on LI anymore is that the mentality in the majority is "What does everyone think of me?" My company dispenses more Viagra per capita on LI then anywhere else in the country. I wonder why?

Um .....Goldiggers banging aging Sugardaddys?

Tell me something I dont know about LI.

I think LI is the trophy wife capital of the Northeast.

Last edited by Crookhaven; 01-20-2010 at 07:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top