Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:25 PM

84 posts, read 195,143 times

Advertisements

Im 19 years old ive been clean for 6 months from heroin and yet another friend of mine has died of an overdose (massapequa)

Massapequa has nothing on Smithtown though, my friends from there can count up to 50+ overdoses in the past 2 years from heroin overdoses or other drug related deaths. Ronkonkoma is horrible aswell.

I was in rehab with the kid who hit and killed the 12 year old girl in Smithtown days before thanksgiving. He was high on heroin.

The heroin epidemic is much worse than most people think, ive seen it first hand.

The best heroin is coming into the island from Manhattan, Queens, and Washington Heights. Alot from brooklyn too.

Im not trying to brag but I know all the technicals and the biggest suppliers on the island.

The largest one recently has been arrested. He had a house in Oakdale and was selling upwards of 2,000 bags of heroin per week. It was a huge blow to suffolk county but its still coming in like crazy.

All these white kids just drive to the projects in crown heights, or flatbush, or washington heights... and im not trying to be racial but if you see a white fiend in the projects all the black people run up to your car to get to it first because they know what your doing there.

Its bizarre how, atleast long island, is completely reversed in terms of drugs...

(note: i just got out of phoenix house for teens)
All the kids that were there from Hempstead, Brentwood, Amityville, Westbury... to put it bluntly, all the black and spanish kids... were in the rehab for smoking weed and selling crack, heroin, etc.

All the kids from Smithtown, Ronkonkoma, Manorville, Northport, Massapequa, Bohemia, etc., to put it blunty, the white kids... were there for hardcore heroin use, crack cocaine use, ecstasy use, xanax use, oxycontin use, etc.

Its just bizarre. Im hispanic myself but, it really seems like the African American community saw what drugs did to their elders of the 70's 80's and early 90's and now they just sell the drugs, they dont do the drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 12:36 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
I think I'm seeing it everywhere now that I know how bad it is. I think I saw a deal going down at Hauppauge High School this weekend when I was jogging...a disheveled looking kid walking the track, an older Hispanic guy pulls up in a car..they walk off out of sight together, than appear 30 seconds later and go their separate ways.

I swear that deals are going on in the parking lots on Smithtown Blvd constantly....cars parked in the back where there are no lights..another car pulls up, guy looks in the window, then leaves.

Maybe it's really bad, maybe it's being exaggerated and I'm seeing things where they aren't, maybe it's just weed.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:39 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,704,930 times
Interesting analysis

Old 01-20-2010, 12:45 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,758,868 times
For whatever rerason, it seems like most of the coverage of this issue has focused on Suffolk (aside from all the coverage devoted to Massapequa 1-2 years ago). Anyone else notice this? Is there a reason for this? I find it hard to believe that heroin is more of a problem in Suffolk vs. Nassau. Perhaps it's a Newsday/News12 issue.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:47 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
For whatever rerason, it seems like most of the coverage of this issue has focused on Suffolk (aside from all the coverage devoted to Massapequa 1-2 years ago). Anyone else notice this? Is there a reason for this? I find it hard to believe that heroin is more of a problem in Suffolk vs. Nassau. Perhaps it's a Newsday/News12 issue.
I honestly think it's about what High School you are talking about. We know how cliquey teenagers are..maybe Smithtown HS is just a place where heroin started with a couple of kids and spread all over.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:03 PM

4 posts, read 27,372 times
At work the other week we had the police and fbi come into the store and seize all of our stock of jello supplies. Turns out someone replaced the chocolate pudding mix with bags of heroin.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:10 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,509,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W33ZER View Post
Im 19 years old ive been clean for 6 months from heroin and yet another friend of mine has died of an overdose (massapequa)

Massapequa has nothing on Smithtown though, my friends from there can count up to 50+ overdoses in the past 2 years from heroin overdoses or other drug related deaths. Ronkonkoma is horrible aswell.

I was in rehab with the kid who hit and killed the 12 year old girl in Smithtown days before thanksgiving. He was high on heroin.

The heroin epidemic is much worse than most people think, ive seen it first hand.

The best heroin is coming into the island from Manhattan, Queens, and Washington Heights. Alot from brooklyn too.

Im not trying to brag but I know all the technicals and the biggest suppliers on the island.

The largest one recently has been arrested. He had a house in Oakdale and was selling upwards of 2,000 bags of heroin per week. It was a huge blow to suffolk county but its still coming in like crazy.

All these white kids just drive to the projects in crown heights, or flatbush, or washington heights... and im not trying to be racial but if you see a white fiend in the projects all the black people run up to your car to get to it first because they know what your doing there.

Its bizarre how, atleast long island, is completely reversed in terms of drugs...

All the kids that were there from Hempstead, Brentwood, Amityville, Westbury... to put it bluntly, all the black and spanish kids... were in the rehab for smoking weed and selling crack, heroin, etc.

All the kids from Smithtown, Ronkonkoma, Manorville, Northport, Massapequa, Bohemia, etc., to put it blunty, the white kids... were there for hardcore heroin use, crack cocaine use, ecstasy use, xanax use, oxycontin use, etc.

Its just bizarre. Im hispanic myself but, it really seems like the African American community saw what drugs did to their elders of the 70's 80's and early 90's and now they just sell the drugs, they dont do the drugs.
Wow, really great post....congrats on 6 months clean and having the courage to share your experience on here. If more people heard stories like this, we would all have more insight into what's really going on and what can realistically be done about it.

BTW I completely agree with your analysis, especially the bit about black vs. white drug use. I dunno if that's something a lot of people have ever thought about/realized, but you're 100% on the money.

I wanna add more to this thread but I'm kinda pressed for time right now.

What do you think about Suboxone? Did you take it to get clean or just go cold turkey? It seems like a miracle drug if used properly, but I've read that there are all sorts of stupid regulations on doctors (ie: only 5 patients per office can have a script for it at any given time) and it's never covered by insurance. Maybe this is the paranoid part of my brain getting a little over-imaginative, but it seems like pharmaceutical lobbyists are behind it's suppression....specifically Purdue Pharma, who are making a killing on OxyContin right now....

EDIT: Last question, sorry....did you start out using H or did you start on pills first?

Last edited by sean sean sean sean; 01-20-2010 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: Added another ?

Old 01-20-2010, 01:19 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
Quote:
All these white kids just drive to the projects in crown heights, or flatbush, or washington heights
This is why we need to establish port of entry type controls along the Queens-Nassau line to snag the drugs in transport.

Quote:
now they just sell the drugs, they dont do the drugs.
Selling is twice as bad as using. Users can't help that they are addicted. Dealers however are pure criminal scum.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:27 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,758,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
This is why we need to establish port of entry type controls along the Queens-Nassau line to snag the drugs in transport.
how exactly do you propose to do this? Turn the Cross Island Parkway into a moat? strip search everyone on the LIRR?

Once the heroin/coke/whatever makes it way to NY, that battle is already lost.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:50 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W33ZER View Post

Thank you for your honesty.

Stay clean

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island