Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 05:23 PM

518 posts, read 1,820,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esthersmommie View Post
My husband grew up in CI and loves it...I do not understand why.... he wants to buy a house there and I do not care where I live b/c I keep to myself, but my son is 11 and will be in the Jr High. This really bothers me b/c I am concerned for his safety, he is sensitive like his mother- I don't want him to end up damaged from all the crazy, ghetto, gang joining, "kids" (if you can call them that) in the school. My husband told me that it has gotten alot better since he lived there in the 80's, but what does that mean to me or my son? my question is: Is the school safe or not? is he going to get an education or not? and is he going to get stabbed in the hallway? am I moving to vietnam?....I live in bayshore now and I love the school- hos much worst is CI?
btw-- my husband is white and I am black and my son looks hispanic so race is not a factor for us at all...
bay shore is better than CI for sure, and CI taxes are higher. but if your kid has a good head and knows not to get caught up in the BS, he will be fine in either district. theres drugs and violence in even the whitest and highest scoring schools. and also remember that the vast majority of violence does not involve random innocent bystanders.. theres almost ALWAYS a reason

Old 07-22-2011, 06:40 PM

615 posts, read 447,835 times
Regarding Brentwood...3rd Worlders bring 3rd Worlder ways. It's a fact of lfe...one can't honestly dispute it, for it's true. Recently, I remember seeing the same in Manchester, NH, crossing the street *against* the light...that's simply not done there...the native NH people looked on in disbelief. Welcome to the future.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:50 PM

518 posts, read 1,820,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourn traveller View Post
Regarding Brentwood...3rd Worlders bring 3rd Worlder ways. It's a fact of lfe...one can't honestly dispute it, for it's true. Recently, I remember seeing the same in Manchester, NH, crossing the street *against* the light...that's simply not done there...the native NH people looked on in disbelief. Welcome to the future.
OMG no, not against the light?

Old 07-22-2011, 08:10 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,460,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourn traveller View Post
Um, what farm are you currently residing at? Seriously? Crossing against the light? THAT says 3rd world to you?! If you get a chance, hop on the LIRR, take it into Penn Station and prepare to be AWED! NO ONE - certainly not me - waits patiently for the little green man to come on. You poke your head out, measure distance and speed of oncoming traffic divide that by your own swiftness of foot, calculate the odds and boldly skeedaddle across the street. The only people left standing on the curb are the tourists. Lights? Who has time for these new-fangled things???

Old 07-25-2011, 01:06 PM

615 posts, read 447,835 times
LOL, that was stupid, now that I re-read it! Thanks for going easy on me guys...you could of been a lot worse. Strange though, it sure did seem good when I had the Guinness in me though...

Old 08-08-2011, 08:34 PM

3 posts, read 6,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
bay shore is better than CI for sure, and CI taxes are higher. but if your kid has a good head and knows not to get caught up in the BS, he will be fine in either district. theres drugs and violence in even the whitest and highest scoring schools. and also remember that the vast majority of violence does not involve random innocent bystanders.. theres almost ALWAYS a reason
Thanks

Old 08-09-2011, 10:38 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
There are a few areas like that in Miami, but I only visited one of them (as a tourist). When I went, there were nice, well-maintained houses and apartments, and the few people I saw walking around looked well-dressed.

You can still be a dirtbag with money, but that doesn't exclusively apply to minorities: There are rich white dirtbags as well.
That's for sure!

Old 08-09-2011, 01:46 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Hempstead, New York – Victims in DUI Crash on Wantagh Parkway Identified as Daniel Gambardella and Ilario Scuteri | Drunk Driving Facts

When lawless mutts like the one who killed my classmate started moving in.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:58 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
Just look at the riots in England. The result of multiculturalism and diversity.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:07 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,327,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Just look at the riots in England. The result of multiculturalism and diversity.
Were the riots in Vancouver a result of multi-culturalism too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island