Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:10 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter55 View Post
Provide a link - you are simply wrong. The number of newly registered black voters went 96% for Obama.
Election Center 2008: Primary Exit Polls - Elections & Politics news from CNN.com

Overall 78% of African Americans in S.C went for Obama. It does not show the race breakdown of newly registered voter, does show that Obama got 63% of the vote of those who haven't previously voted. Those who did not vote previously made up 7% of the overall Primary vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 03:14 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
We've reached an impasse but to imply I'm being racist proves you lost the debate. The only thing I resent is people voting for a candidate based upon anything other than their qualifications.

Your commentary on religion shows your narrow view of the world... typical of people who think like you.

The fact that you don't have an iota of understanding about a black person voting for a black President...and the exaggerated faux outrage about it and how you are so above their motivations yourself.....give me a friggin' break.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:15 PM

416 posts, read 697,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Election Center 2008: Primary Exit Polls - Elections & Politics news from CNN.com

Overall 78% of African Americans in S.C went for Obama. It does not show the race breakdown of newly registered voter, does show that Obama got 63% of the vote of those who haven't previously voted. Those who did not vote previously made up 7% of the overall Primary vote.
And look at the state by state breakdown... check out VA and NC... and look at the breakdown by race for each candidate, how it follows the same pattern until you reach black... which shows an overwhelming vote for BO.

Compare all of the states and you'll see the breakdown for every race other than black is consist... and then when you get to black it's so overwhelmingly in BO's favor it's ridiculous. Thanks for showing the link, it only proves my point

Old 01-26-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The fact that you don't have an iota of understanding about a black person voting for a black President...and the exaggerated faux outrage about it and how you are so above their motivations yourself.....give me a friggin' break.
I understand - but where was the same motivate for women voting for Hillary? Oh wait, that doesn't count

Please stop trying to understand my motivations, you go straight to the gutter which says more about yourself than me.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I understand - but where was the same motivate for women voting for Hillary? Oh wait, that doesn't count

Please stop trying to understand my motivations, you go straight to the gutter which says more about yourself than me.
I know more than a few women who said they were voting for Hillary because she was a woman. Of course I criticized them, as I do black people who would only vote for Obama for a similar reason. I don't agree with it. But you're the one foaming at the mouth about it and saying that he isn't a legitimate President. You have an issue with a black guy getting into office because a lot of black people voted for him, that's obvious.

I have an issue with them being naive enough to think there world would change overnight because of it, but I don't think that's the only reason he won, and he certainly is more legitimate than Bush was in 2000 based on losing the popular vote.

Mass delete only a few hours away!!

Old 01-26-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I know more than a few women who said they were voting for Hillary because she was a woman. Of course I criticized them, as I do black people who would only vote for Obama for a similar reason. I don't agree with it. But you're the one foaming at the mouth about it and saying that he isn't a legitimate President. You have an issue with a black guy getting into office because a lot of black people voted for him, that's obvious.

I have an issue with them being naive enough to think there world would change overnight because of it, but I don't think that's the only reason he won, and he certainly is more legitimate than Bush was in 2000 based on losing the popular vote.

Mass delete only a few hours away!!
Your anecdotes about "knowing someone who knew some people who knew other people who pissed their own pants" is irrelevant. The exit poll data shows definitively that blacks voted for BO in droves, especially relative to the other races.

I never once said BO was not a legitimate president... yet you have me "foaming at the mouth"? Why, because I state the facts based on the exit polls? You say I have an issue with a black guy getting into office because black people voted for him - that's dead wrong. If the votes he got were because we was qualified, I'd have no issue with anyone who voted for him.

As for losing the popular vote - you need a US history lesson because our electoral system is not based off the popular vote - time to get over 2000.

Last edited by firefighter55; 01-26-2010 at 03:38 PM..

Old 01-26-2010, 03:30 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
And look at the state by state breakdown... check out VA and NC... and look at the breakdown by race for each candidate, how it follows the same pattern until you reach black... which shows an overwhelming vote for BO.

Compare all of the states and you'll see the breakdown for every race other than black is consist... and then when you get to black it's so overwhelmingly in BO's favor it's ridiculous. Thanks for showing the link, it only proves my point
I sent my response via direct message. If you want to continue the discussion do it there & not in this thread. I am always up for discussing national politics, but I started this thread to discuss the crap Schmitt just pushed through and I would like to get back to that.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I sent my response via direct message. If you want to continue the discussion do it there & not in this thread. I am always up for discussing national politics, but I started this thread to discuss the crap Schmitt just pushed through and I would like to get back to that.
I agree - dman's relegated to calling me a racist and bashing religion - he's done.

As for schmitt, he's just another politician and what our county needs is more politicians like Steve Levy who will cut that fat and not add to it for their own personal gain.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Your anecdotes about "knowing someone who knew some people who knew other people who pissed their own pants" is irrelevant. The exit poll data shows definitively that blacks voted for BO in droves, especially relative to the other races.

I never once said BO was a legitimate president... yet you have me "foaming at the mouth"? Why, because I state the facts based on the exit polls? You say I have an issue with a black guy getting into office because black people voted for him - that's dead wrong. If the votes he got were because we was qualified, I'd have no issue with anyone who voted for him.

As for losing the popular vote - you need a US history lesson because our electoral system is not based off the popular vote - time to get over 2000.
Really, I didn't know that. You are so smart.

You are the one raising questions of legitimacy..where in the constitution does it say that you can't vote for someone because they look like you do..or come from the same part of the country..or you like some guys B movies and haircut?

You've created your own one sided judgement on Obama because you don't like who voted for him and why they voted for him. I'm making the point that he's more legitimate than someone that the majority of citizens who voted, voted against, there wasn't any question of motivation.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I agree - dman's relegated to calling me a racist and bashing religion - he's done.

As for schmitt, he's just another politician and what our county needs is more politicians like Steve Levy who will cut that fat and not add to it for their own personal gain.

Maybe if you say "partisan blinders" one more time someone will tell you you won a prize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island