Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:06 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,155,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
It's simple really, 1st you start with just watching the many rules that aren't followed, just driving down your block and thru your neighborhood you should see at least 100% driving issues, IF you don't then surely you are part of the 94% since you can't even see the problem.

Continuing with how to see the numbers. . .

start to watch the accidents.

Then the number of collision shops

Then the number of workers at each collision shop

Then the number of vehicles at each shop

then the number of clueless drivers stopping traffic to see things on the other side (not driving, they're added to the clueless count)

How many don't enter traffic correctly, Inters , change lanes , in the wrong lane . . . . it's really very very easy to see

Before you realize it, i was wrong and it's like 96% , and you 2 are in denial that you think you are drivers and really you're operators of a steering wheel poorly...

If you were somewhat as good as me kay you would know what im talking about, and in fact by asking this you have shown that you are part of that clueless society. . .
I have to agree!
I have about a million pet peeves when it comes to the incredibly horrible driving out there!
I have a 100% clean record and I'd like to keep it that way. But bad drivers make it such a challenge to stay out of accidents.
I drive to and from work close to an hour each way every day.
And I'm sick and tired of the sense of entitlement on the part of drivers. They pull out in front of you from driveways, parking lots, side streets (Stop Sign?? What's that??) regardless of what speed I might be travelling in. Am I invisible? Do they assume I'll be able to stop in time? They switch lanes without signalling, cut in front of you while you're traveling 55 mph and then slow down to 40 forcing you to slam on the breaks, NO ONE ever yields the right of way and what's a turning lane for anyway?? Because it seems hardly anyone takes advantage of them. They'll stop short in front of you and stick only their front ends into the turning lane forcing you to swerve around them and hope no one on your right goes into you. Other times, you'll be driving along, traffic moving smoothly when all of a sudden a driver comes to a sudden stop in front of you and then proceeds to make a turn or pull over all without nary a signal. The list is endless!!! Not a day goes by where I don't have someone running a stop sign and many times almost go into me who has NO stop sign. Why do drivers feel that they can basically do anything they want?? And why is this all accepted behavior? Why even bother with Road Tests when hardly anyone obeys the rules of the road?
And don't even get me started on parking!
OK I'll step off my soapbox now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 02:09 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,957,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
I have to agree!
I have about a million pet peeves when it comes to the incredibly horrible driving out there!
I have a 100% clean record and I'd like to keep it that way. But bad drivers make it such a challenge to stay out of accidents.
And I'm sick and tired of the sense of entitlement on the part of drivers. They pull out in front of you from driveways, parking lots, side streets (Stop Sign?? What's that??) regardless of what speed I might be travelling in. Am I invisible? Do they assume I'll be able to stop in time? They switch lanes without signalling, cut in front of you while you're traveling 55 mph and then slow down to 40 forcing you to slam on the breaks, NO ONE ever yields the right of way and what's a turning lane for anyway?? Because it seems hardly anyone takes advantage of them. They'll stop short in front of you and stick only their front ends into the turning lane forcing you to swerve around them and hope no one on your right goes into you. Other times, you'll be driving along, traffic moving smoothly when all of a sudden a driver comes to a sudden stop in front of you and then proceeds to make a turn or pull over all without nary a signal. The list is endless!!! Not a day goes by where I don't have someone running a stop sign and many times almost go into me who has NO stop sign. Why do drivers feel that they can basically do anything they want?? And why is this all accepted behavior? Why even bother with Road Tests when hardly anyone obeys the rules of the road?
Ask LIMA about his failure to signal ticket and his blocking the box ticket. I'm sure he can explain how everyone else is wrong and he is right

Old 10-26-2011, 06:45 PM

20,894 posts, read 28,281,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
I have to agree!
I could not have said this better myself except for the 100% clean driving record I'll admitt my driving record is not perfect (but at least I admitt it) No speeding tickets but have had a few accidents, some my fault and some not. I do not claim to be a perfect driver.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:01 AM

999 posts, read 2,353,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
You've stated on another thread that you have driven a few million miles. What have you been driving and where? How many years did it take you to drive a few million miles?
I have to drive to see my customers, and i so i drive professionally, and i like to drive to places rather then take trains or planes, i'll be going to and from Michigan in a another day..

Very easy to get the miles i have when you drive everywhere and leave mass trans, trains/planes/busses out of your life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
He's also admitted that he fails to use his turn signals on highways, and that he blocks the box when he wants to.

I don't take this LIMA guy seriously, and I doubt anyone else here does either.

See this you are showing that you are retarded, you know what those were for and i told you that already, and in the millions of miles driving thats all i got...no accidents like you, or riding a bike like a idiot at night...
Please don't try and compare yourself and lack of driving ability. . .

kay is upset that kay is part of the 94%, and lacks the ability to see all the people that also can't drive and shouldn't be driving, and that comes from being one when you can't see the mistakes and stupidity...

Old 10-27-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
See this you are showing that you are retarded, you know what those were for and i told you that already, and in the millions of miles driving thats all i got...no accidents like you, or riding a bike like a idiot at night...
Please don't try and compare yourself and lack of driving ability. . .

kay is upset that kay is part of the 94%, and lacks the ability to see all the people that also can't drive and shouldn't be driving, and that comes from being one when you can't see the mistakes and stupidity...

See, I already admitted I was wrong and stopped doing it. You still won't admit you were wrong for failing to signal on a highway AND blocking a box. You immediately say the police officers in both situations, who's job is to enforce traffic laws, were wrong. Once you get off your high horse (or highchair, depending on how one reads your posts), you may see that you're not as awesome as you think you are.

And just like how I said earlier, no one here takes your posts seriously. Personally, I am just getting a good laugh

Old 10-27-2011, 08:13 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,689,507 times
Quote:
I have to drive to see my customers, and i so i drive professionally, and i like to drive to places rather then take trains or planes, i'll be going to and from Michigan in a another day..

No planes or trains...drives everywhere..hmmm....was this written for you...plastics..plastics..its the future

Shake Hands... (Allan Sherman) - YouTube

Old 10-27-2011, 08:14 AM

Again if i went to court and fought the ticket and the cop would tell the truth i doubt the signal ticket would have stood..

the blocking the box law didn't exist 15 or more years ago and the cop gave me a ticket for something that DID NOT happen....

So yes the 2nd one is a big issue with a cop just being whatever his issue was that day...

At the end of the day kay, i know how to drive and others actions don't force me to make decisions and sell my stuff because i anticipate idiots where you can't as a operator

Old 10-27-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Again if i went to court and fought the ticket and the cop would tell the truth i doubt the signal ticket would have stood..

the blocking the box law didn't exist 15 or more years ago and the cop gave me a ticket for something that DID NOT happen....

So yes the 2nd one is a big issue with a cop just being whatever his issue was that day...

At the end of the day kay, i know how to drive and others actions don't force me to make decisions and sell my stuff because i anticipate idiots where you can't as a operator
Ah there it is. Cops are out to get you. Fight the power, down with the establishment.

Shouldn't you be at a protest or something?

Old 10-27-2011, 04:14 PM

You really might be retarded, in that circumstance i was given a ticket that DID NOT meet the situation, in fact that ticket doesn't exist to this day..

you really have a problem the situation was explained and if you think that cop was right, well then you are as described

Old 10-27-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
You really might be retarded, in that circumstance i was given a ticket that DID NOT meet the situation, in fact that ticket doesn't exist to this day..

you really have a problem the situation was explained and if you think that cop was right, well then you are as described
You are funny.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island