Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:59 PM

530 posts, read 1,359,859 times

Advertisements

Not that there's anything wrong with this but i've seen crossdressers at that Walmart on 3 different occasions..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 07:45 AM

863 posts, read 2,107,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMalo View Post
I take my wife and two small children to the sunrise mall to go walking during the summer and winter so the kids don't get too hot/cold.

As soon as you get near the walmart, it's as if the gates of hell have opened and mythological creatures start appearing right before your eyes.

Every customer that strolls out of walmart is either morbidly obese, smells of rotting cheese, wearing tattered mismatched rags in place of clothes or all of the above! These characteristics transcend age and race.

We've seen white, black, Asian, you name it but they all look like they've been transported from the middle ages. I take that back, no one in the middle ages was ever that fat.

Maybe they're normal and you're not for taking kids to a mall to walk so they don't get too cold/hot. I wonder what people did back in the days or what people in other countries do? Call the cops the kids got too hot from being outside.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
And I'm sure you and your family are all the embodiment of health, fashion, and fitness!!

I can just somehow picture this poster with his huge gut hanging over the belt that is holding up his too small dockers with his too tight polo shirt tucked in and his wife in her typical LI "momwear" of capris, sandals, and a tunic. The kids are in their Old Navy garb with dirty sneakers on.
Ha! Ha!. This is too funny

Old 02-06-2014, 07:49 AM

Default people of walmart

If you want to see the weird go to the website peopleofwalmart.com

Old 02-06-2014, 11:41 AM

321 posts, read 595,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
Exactly. It's not just a NY phenomenon. It's like walmart is a magnet for the dregs of society.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:21 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMalo View Post
Exactly. It's not just a NY phenomenon. It's like walmart is a magnet for the dregs of society.
Some of those outfits on the people of Walmart website are so bad they seem staged. Like people dress up EXTRA crazy just to submit their photos on the website!

Old 02-06-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Some of those outfits on the people of Walmart website are so bad they seem staged. Like people dress up EXTRA crazy just to submit their photos on the website!
That may be the case but don't forget this is a big county and there are a lot of strange people out there. Oh I have seen a few of characters at Walmart. I think they need to be another website employees of walmart. Have you ever seen some of the wonderful people that work there?

Old 02-06-2014, 12:35 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
Have you ever seen some of the wonderful people that work there?

I have.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 02-06-2014, 12:39 PM

321 posts, read 595,872 times
To be fair, I have been to the walmart in Rutland, Vermont many times and everyone there seems quite typical.

That might just be a Vermont thing though.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:55 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post

Those photos are all staged. The guy just put a book out. You can't take photos of people and publish them without the person's permission. He can/will be sued for it and he will have to pay.

A woman sued David Letterman and won over a video his show was in a park. She was overweight and she was eating a piece of fruit. Well the fruit dribbled all over her when she bit into it and they caught it on video. Letterman, thinking this was just sooo hilarious decided to continue showing this on his talk show over and over. She sued him for 1. using her image without her consent and 2. holding her up for 'public humiliation'. Same goes for that WalMart site. Let me tell you, if I was having a bad day and was at Wal Mart and this clown took my photo and published it, I would own every single thing he owns because I would sue him for everything he has.

Last edited by Amisi; 02-06-2014 at 01:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island