U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:21 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,272,245 times
not sure what is "politically correct" about hating walmart. I just don't like their employment practices, business practices and quality of their merchandise and in general my experience in the store. I try my hardest to avoid shopping there as I feel that is really the only way to voice your objection to this.

I do agree that the closing of an anchor store like that is bad for the mall, and generally the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 02:52 PM

3,686 posts, read 4,056,993 times
Do you care so much about the employment and business practises of every business? Do you go to your local stores and ask if they give benefits, do you ask what hourly rate they pay their employees. I know you don't. But somehow seem to care what Walmart does? Why is that? Because someone talked you browbeating Walmart and hyping the small local businessman who NEVER paid real wages or gave benefits. Oh, Walmart merchandise...do you mean the same stuff sold at Target, KMart, Sears etc. You think they buy anything different than any other retailer in the US.

Stop watching Michael Moore movies.

OH BTW...you probably worry about global warming too. It too is a lie.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:00 PM

4,117 posts, read 4,606,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO RIDER View Post
massapequa walmart does really well and its competition is target a couple of miles down the road. it services the massapequa area where as farmingdale services the farmingdale are. Ive been going there since it opened and I can tell you, Ive seen plenty of massapequa residents go there. I dont think they will be flocking to farmingdale if it closes. I wouldnt.
These Massapequa residents you see, live on suburban LI where everyone drives. But if they find it too far "to flock", lol, an extra mile or so up Rte 110, then Walmart cannot really be worth the trouble anyway.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:22 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,884,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Do you care so much about the employment and business practises of every business? Do you go to your local stores and ask if they give benefits, do you ask what hourly rate they pay their employees. I know you don't. But somehow seem to care what Walmart does? Why is that? Because someone talked you browbeating Walmart and hyping the small local businessman who NEVER paid real wages or gave benefits. Oh, Walmart merchandise...do you mean the same stuff sold at Target, KMart, Sears etc. You think they buy anything different than any other retailer in the US.

Stop watching Michael Moore movies.

OH BTW...you probably worry about global warming too. It too is a lie.
you certainly know everything huh?

Old 02-17-2010, 05:54 PM

13,665 posts, read 6,932,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Sure seems that way, after all the entire post looks like one huge Fox talking point so it must be true.....

Old 02-17-2010, 05:59 PM

417 posts, read 385,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Sure seems that way, after all the entire post looks like one huge Fox talking point so it must be true.....
Because a post of yours that's a Keith olbermann talking point is much better?

Old 02-17-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Well if the truth fits...hear it

Old 02-17-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post

Im still learning thermo-nuclear dynamics.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:54 PM

13,665 posts, read 6,932,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter55 View Post
Because a post of yours that's a Keith olbermann talking point is much better?
Ehh I have had FIOS for the last few years, so until the last couple weeks and other than his appearances on Sunday Night Football, I watched Olbermann about a total of three times in the last few years....

Old 02-17-2010, 07:57 PM

66 posts, read 100,240 times
[quote=LINative;12943342]These Massapequa residents you see, live on suburban LI where everyone drives. But if they find it too far "to flock", lol, an extra mile or so up Rte 110, then Walmart cannot really be worth the trouble anyway.[/QUOTE

I'm always amazed by this but I guess it is all relative. When I was a kid, my father's job relocated to a rural area. The nearest mall, hospital, movie theater were all 20+ miles away.

When we moved back, I was surprised when people would complain about driving a few extra miles. Again it is all what people become used (and I know the traffic doesn't help).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island