U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 PM

94 posts, read 225,119 times
So it is possible than...yippee! I LOVE Denny's! But as for LI diners....best is Infinity Diner in West Babylon (I think that's the technical town). Great food, enormous portions!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 07:15 PM

9,343 posts, read 16,172,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KStarfish82 View Post
...best is Infinity Diner in West Babylon (I think that's the technical town).

Yes, KStarfish82, the Infinity Diner, located at 663 Route 109, is in the Hamlet of West Babylon in the Town of Babylon, Suffolk County.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:41 PM

2,846 posts, read 6,038,542 times
Sayville Modern Diner Disco Fries

Old 03-02-2010, 10:14 PM

4,513 posts, read 3,764,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
I dont know about that. There are many different levels of quality dinners. I would take a mid-level one over IHOP or Denny's any day.
I went to a diner that the majority recommended and it was very typical... I'd take a Denny's over it for sure. Been to many Dennys over the years, would love one here. I'm glad we got a Five Guys to make up for no In-And-Out too.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:59 PM
grant516

n/a posts
I heard a series of rumors of the years that the strange lack of Dennys was due to some pressures from the Greek run diners, and perhaps some extra-curricular business that goes on within their chain.

Sounds believable, and I'd imagine there's legitimate and illegitamate restaurants all over the place- but I find it hard to believe some of these diners can turn profit when major chain restaurants that are nearly packed all the time sometimes end up having to close their doors.

Also... why the short lived Perkins in Farmingdale, that ended up as a Church?

... strange stuff.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:52 AM

376 posts, read 1,139,452 times
Biscuts and Gravy....oh yum!

Looking forward to Dennys. I love IHOP but Dennys would be a nice change.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:46 AM

1,783 posts, read 1,980,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
I went to a diner that the majority recommended and it was very typical... I'd take a Denny's over it for sure. Been to many Dennys over the years, would love one here. I'm glad we got a Five Guys to make up for no In-And-Out too.
I like 5 Guys too and I dont hate Denny's but the ones I have been to have not been too impressive. I will take my dinners any day. As for IHOP, I used to love going there as a Kid but not so much any more. The last time I was there (probably more than 3 years ago) it seemed like you are sitting on top of everyone, not from crowding but from small booths close together I guess. Do they still have all the syrups on the table? That kind of grossed me out too.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:44 AM

137 posts, read 48,678 times
sorry, heard too many bad things about denny's that will make me not want to patronize them. they should just put "kkk" in thier name.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:04 AM

937 posts, read 1,592,169 times
HAHA! Most of the locally, Greek owned diners on LI outshine ANY chain breakfast place IMO. Denny's, Bob Evans, etc. are the epitome of mediocrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisk327 View Post
For breakfast I think Denny's beats all but the best diner on LI.

most of the diners I find are mediocre at best

Old 03-03-2010, 07:48 AM

405 posts, read 661,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant516 View Post

Also... why the short lived Perkins in Farmingdale, that ended up as a Church?

... strange stuff.
The simple answer is they didn't do the business. I tried it twice...once was enough, but I'm a glutton for punishment and figured I'd give them a second chance. Extremely disappointing food and service, heck it was awful. I heard many other similar stories as well.

I can spend $200.00 on a meal and be perfectly happy and satisfied about it. I can also spend $2.00 and feel like I got ripped off, and that to me was Perkins in a nut shell.

I've never tried a Denny's, but there are many who rave about it. I'll give 'em a try if they do open up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island