U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-04-2010, 09:29 AM

3,131 posts, read 2,531,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter55 View Post
My favorites:

Vincents in Carle Place (italian) - noisy dining room though, but the food is excellent
The most over-rated Italian Diner in N.Y. Do you really like the tasteless food there, no really? You oblivious don't know Italian food
Try these places....

Dario's in RVC
Piccolo's in Huntington
Sempre Vivolo in Hauppauge
Bravo Nader also in Huntington
18 Bay in Bayville
Benny's in Westbury
Casa Rustica in Smithtown
Emilio's in Commack
Nonnina's in West Islip
Caruso's in Rocky point
Pronto's in Babylon Village
La Parma 1 &2 not so much 3
Caracalla's in Syosset
Cafe Baci in Westbury Fried Calamari
Brio's in Port Washington
La Volpe's in Center Moriches
Stresa in Manhasset

Just a few you should try I'm getting hungry typing this
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 AM

417 posts, read 413,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
The most over-rated Italian Diner in N.Y. Do you really like the tasteless food there, no really? You oblivious don't know Italian food
Huh?

Vincent's has won many awards and is rated very highly by many user rating websites.

How is the italian food down in VA? Talk about a

Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC View Post
Thanks for sharing of the your favs .

Here's some more..

This one is out of state but if anyone is visiting Central Florida then you must hit

** Manny's Chop House , huge servings and great food and beer ( 5 adults 2 kids apps , drinks , main meal , desert $105 w/out tip)
35496 Hwy. 27 .N Haines City. Fl
**Salt Island (seafood , 7500 International Dr. Orlando, FL )
** Bahama Breeze (mixed , 8735 VINELAND AVE. ORLANDO, FL

Back to Long Island.....
Molly Malone's , Irish/American ----- Bay Shore
Houlihan's , only for their nachos ----- Farmingdale
Pizzaiola , Italian ----- North Babylon
Kismit Turkish Restaurant , nothing fancy inside but great food --- Deer Park
Their shrimp and bruchetta sampler is really good too.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Huh?

Vincent's has won many awards and is rated very highly by many user rating websites.

How is the italian food down in VA? Talk about a

Yes and Toyota won a lot awards also...you following me here

There are a few goods one's here but oblivious not as good as some I mentioned. Get out of that diner and try a few I mentioned, you'll be pleasantly surprised

Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Yes and Toyota won a lot awards also...you following me here

There are a few goods one's here but oblivious not as good as some I mentioned. Get out of that diner and try a few I mentioned, you'll be pleasantly surprised
Bad analogy - and for the record, Toyota had 1 overly publicized issue that was taken advantage of by the US government in hopes that people would buy GM cars instead of Toyotas. I'll continue to buy Toyota's get 2x as much value for them.

I'll take Vincent's... you can have your virginian italian restuarants with tomato sauce from the jar.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:

I'll take Vincent's... you can have your virginian italian restuarants with tomato sauce from the jar.
Hey there's no doubt that this part of Central Va. needs a good Italian restaurant......some locals think the olive garden is the best

But with that there is opportunity, I'm in preliminary discussions with two others from L.I. on opening an Italian restaurant here Show the locals and the transplants what real Italian food tastes like I say by this time next year this should come to fruition. My wife is soooo excited for me

Old 03-04-2010, 10:22 AM

405 posts, read 692,786 times
Quote:
Terry G's doesn't look too appealing from the outside. How many times have you been there?

Also, you like Riverbay? I heard from some people that the food was only decent.

And finally - how are the prices at Rothmanns? I'd love to try it some time but don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it.
Terry G's is not very good looking. I've been there many times over the years, if I have a typical time of going it would be a Saturday night around 6:30 PM when just about anywhere on LI would require a long wait, whereas here there is rarely a long wait. The wait staff is usually quite pleasant, but service expectations need to be tempered.

The food however is very good, mind you we're not talking 4 star Michelin, just good fresh food. My default dish is the Marinated Skirt Steak which runs about $23-$24 (entree price only) for the "jumbo". I'm always pleased with the price/quality/value I receive.

As for Riverbay, I do it enjoy it but I also tend to the daily specials menu. This may be why I haven't had any issues. They also usually have a nice oyster selection.

Rothmann's is $$$$, if you go, you have to pay. It is one of the top Steakhouses on the Island though.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTownBlues View Post
Terry G's is not very good looking. I've been there many times over the years, if I have a typical time of going it would be a Saturday night around 6:30 PM when just about anywhere on LI would require a long wait, whereas here there is rarely a long wait. The wait staff is usually quite pleasant, but service expectations need to be tempered.

The food however is very good, mind you we're not talking 4 star Michelin, just good fresh food. My default dish is the Marinated Skirt Steak which runs about $23-$24 (entree price only) for the "jumbo". I'm always pleased with the price/quality/value I receive.

As for Riverbay, I do it enjoy it but I also tend to the daily specials menu. This may be why I haven't had any issues. They also usually have a nice oyster selection.

Rothmann's is $$$$, if you go, you have to pay. It is one of the top Steakhouses on the Island though.
Have you been to Bollinger's in the village of Farmingdale? I went there for the first time last week and was bitterly disappointed... hence my hesitation to even try another local spot with an unappealing exterior.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:26 AM

405 posts, read 692,786 times
Quote:
Have you been to Bollinger's in the village of Farmingdale? I went there for the first time last week and was bitterly disappointed... hence my hesitation to even try another local spot with an unappealing exterior.
Bollinger's is, IMO, a very poor facsimile of a diner. Their genesis was as a deli many years ago (which wasn't that good either), they took a larger space and turned themselves into the diner/ice cream parlor. I think I tried it once when they first opened the current spot. Like you, I was not impressed, lots of deep frying of frozen product, lot's of canned product. I never went back.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:40 AM

6,046 posts, read 7,403,165 times
Quote:
Try these places....

Dario's in RVC
Piccolo's in Huntington
Sempre Vivolo in Hauppauge
Bravo Nader also in Huntington
18 Bay in Bayville
Benny's in Westbury
Casa Rustica in Smithtown
Emilio's in Commack
Nonnina's in West Islip
Caruso's in Rocky point
Pronto's in Babylon Village
La Parma 1 &2 not so much 3
Caracalla's in Syosset
Cafe Baci in Westbury Fried Calamari
Brio's in Port Washington
La Volpe's in Center Moriches
Stresa in Manhasset

Just a few you should try I'm getting hungry typing this
First off, you don't have to so mad b/c someone doesn't like the places you like. Jeez, how Long Island of you!

Secondly, is Picolo's in Huntington affiliated with the one in Bellmore? The one in Bellmore is amazing- zagat-rated too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island