U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:52 PM

7,658 posts, read 10,235,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
There's a little bit more to it than that. Look at their career workloads, especially early in their careers, and get back to us.

yeah, not quite sure how the Giants can make up that whopping one extra game the Jets managed to win in the regular season, but I'm sure they'll give it a shot!

kind of depends on how many carries he gets. A return to form would be a miracle...especially considering there is virtually no precedent to this in the history of the NFL when it comes to RB's.

But hey, he has FANECA!!

No he has Faneca, Mangold and Dbrick and hes going to the HOF.

Blue fans cant stand it when its a Jet town.
I was happy when Blue won the Super Bowl.

Lets save the real smack for the fall SIB but prepare for NYs wearing O the Green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 02:55 PM

5,019 posts, read 4,502,544 times
I had to endure weekly bashing from Gents fans at several bars (many times openly rooting against the Jets in their blue jerseys during the run to and in the playoffs)... To call me an embarrassment? Please, take a look at the homer Gents fans posts here and how whiney they get as soon as they have the 2nd best team in NY. Hoping guys get hurt... typical.

The LT move had everything to do with Greene being a stud - they were able to free up the spot since Greene stepped in when Jones was continually dinged up at the end of the season. None of us here are privy to how the Jets staff feel about Jones and how they thought he'd hold up next season. My guess is there's more to the story and Jones is finally show wear and tear. Maybe LT won't be avging 7-8yds on each touch, maybe he will. I think it's going to be fun to watch and see.

For those bashing Greene - on the flip side, who do the Gents have to carry the ball? You pet Jacobs and he goes down - Greene runs over people. There's no comparison. In fact, look up and down both rosters and the only clear spot the Gents have an advantage in is the QB position. Should we talk Defense?

In the end, I think this was a very good move.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I had to endure weekly bashing from Gents fans at several bars (many times openly rooting against the Jets in their blue jerseys during the run to and in the playoffs)... To call me an embarrassment? Please, take a look at the homer Gents fans posts here and how whiney they get as soon as they have the 2nd best team in NY. Hoping guys get hurt... typical.

The LT move had everything to do with Greene being a stud - they were able to free up the spot since Greene stepped in when Jones was continually dinged up at the end of the season. None of us here are privy to how the Jets staff feel about Jones and how they thought he'd hold up next season. My guess is there's more to the story and Jones is finally show wear and tear. Maybe LT won't be avging 7-8yds on each touch, maybe he will. I think it's going to be fun to watch and see.

For those bashing Greene - on the flip side, who do the Gents have to carry the ball? You pet Jacobs and he goes down - Greene runs over people. There's no comparison. In fact, look up and down both rosters and the only clear spot the Gents have an advantage in is the QB position. Should we talk Defense?

In the end, I think this was a very good move.
Damn right it did...and yes it was.

Shonn is the next Curtis Martin.

Sprinkle in some future HOF leadership and you got a kick ass backfield.

Crooks

Old 03-16-2010, 03:21 PM

3,110 posts, read 3,408,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
OK. I guess we will just agree to disagree. To me, liking to run the ball and sticking with an offense designed around running the ball are two different things.

I think the Jets could do far worse than LT as their NUMBER TWO RB.
all depends on how they use him. They could certaily do worse, however they probably could have done better for the same money.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:

jersey and PSL sales. Same reason they brought in Favre. Woody isn't that tough to figure out...

Quote:
you're really going to compare Greene and his 100 career carries to Jacobs coming off a year in which he played hurt the entire season before having to shut it down? Wow...just wow.

Giants will be fine at RB. Something tells me you're not all that familiar with their roster.

And you'd think the Jets would have been able to win more than one more game than the Giants during the regular season considering they're equal or better at every position except one...lol.

In the end, I think this was a very good move.[/quote]

Old 03-16-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Damn right it did...and yes it was.

Shonn is the next Curtis Martin.

Sprinkle in some future HOF leadership and you got a kick ass backfield.

Crooks
Yup, don't forget the real explosive back, too... With Leon returning healthy, I think Schottenheimer is going to have a field day each week.

Now if only someone could teach Braylon to catch.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
No he has Faneca, Mangold and Dbrick and hes going to the HOF.

Blue fans cant stand it when its a Jet town.
seems like you're the only one making it a Jet-Giant thing. All I'm doing is pointing out how unlikely a "return to form" is for Tomlinson. Football history and logic is on my side. All you've shown me is fanboy enthusiasm. There's a reason why many people who follow and cover the team are questioning this move.

Quote:
I was happy when Blue won the Super Bowl.
well, I would be too if my favorite team had a history of losing....and another team was able to prevent one of my biggest rivals from pulling off perfect season.

Quote:
Lets save the real smack for the fall SIB but prepare for NYs wearing O the Green.
trust me, this isn't smack talk. I wish the Jets well, and Big Blue has the pieces to get things back on track...should be a great season.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
you're really going to compare Greene and his 100 career carries to Jacobs coming off a year in which he played hurt the entire season before having to shut it down? Wow...just wow.

Giants will be fine at RB. Something tells me you're not all that familiar with their roster.

And you'd think the Jets would have been able to win more than one more game than the Giants during the regular season considering they're equal or better at every position except one...lol
I watched almost as much Gmen this season... my Binlaw and Father are huge Giants fans (they weren't the drunks booing the Jets at my favorite bar, btw lol). We both know how huge a disappointment Jacobs is - I'm not talking just last season. I know he's not the #1 back - but considering his size and potential, he's your #1 disappointment. If you watched Greene (for 2 carries) you can see the difference. We'll let the season play out to see.

The win total seems to be your mantra and I won't argue. I tend to look at where the Jets vs. Giants ranked in overall categories last season judging where they'll be next season. If you think the Giants are "1 win away" from equaling the Jets, that's fine... I don't know how you're going to win as many as last year, let alone 1 more with that Defense - but, maybe you're OK with that. But I know Giants fans, you're not OK with having such a bad D.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Yup, don't forget the real explosive back, too... With Leon returning healthy, I think Schottenheimer is going to have a field day each week.

Now if only someone could teach Braylon to catch.
Stone hands came up big a couple of times.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
seems like you're the only one making it a Jet-Giant thing. All I'm doing is pointing out how unlikely a "return to form" is for Tomlinson. Football history and logic is on my side. All you've shown me is fanboy enthusiasm. There's a reason why many people who follow and cover the team are questioning this move.

well, I would be too if my favorite team had a history of losing....and another team was able to prevent one of my biggest rivals from pulling off perfect season.

trust me, this isn't smack talk. I wish the Jets well, and Big Blue has the pieces to get things back on track...should be a great season.

Ouch.
Well on behalf of Jet Nation thank you for abusing Brady.

Big Blew.
Aint gonna happen...not with that D.

See ya in the fall at Jets stadium when LT returns to form and puts up 1000 yds plus.

Peace

Crooks

But the player whom many know as LT spoke loudly regarding his hopes as the newest member of the New York Jets after officially signing his contract.
"The Giants got to cheer on their LT for so long. Now the Jets get their chance," Tomlinson said, referencing Giants Hall of Fame linebacker Lawrence Taylor. "I'll tell you one thing. I come here to win a championship. I believe this team has the ability to do it."

Last edited by Crookhaven; 03-16-2010 at 04:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island