Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:43 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,692,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
All these contractor guys are hurtin'
They all made pretty decent money up until a few years ago, but they all tried to live way, way beyond their actual means, and also with the carefree mentality that the money would not end. They all tried to live like wanna be mafioso types with fancy McMansions, Hummers, Massive p/u trucks, boats, jet ski's etc...but did so on home equity loans and credit cards. Now they're all in trouble. At least all the goofballs living by me. Almost every one of these knuckleheads now have "For Sale" signs on their front lawns.
Not 'all'. Some of us have lived like the ant, watching the grasshopper playing with no regard for the future.

We're living fine, business slowed with the recession and the housing bubble bursting, but clients with money are still having work done.

Not 'all' of us are 'mafioso type'. There are many of us who have been shrewd, lived well within our means and who have saved for a rainy day.

I don't have a Hummer, a McMansion or jet skis, either. Just not my style.

HELOCs -- many LIers are guilty as sin of living off them to support their 'lifestyle' of the not so rich but wannabe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 04:17 PM

3,180 posts, read 10,535,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Costco's CEO is well known for taking a very small salary compared to other CEOs of major companies. That's how they do it. Their CEO is not greedy. Plus he is still a rich man anyway due to his stock holdings in Costco. A win-win for the big boss and for the workers. Too bad most CEOs are not like him.
Wall street hates him and Costco for bucking the trend......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island