Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 08:09 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk90 View Post
I just got a ticket in the mail and as far as I can tell, the red light camera took a picture of me doing a legal right on red!? Anyone have any experience or knowledge on this?
I'm concerned because it's a route I travel several times a week and I don't want another ticket. But apart from the (illegal) plate covers is there anything to do apart from sitting there at the light and not making a right until it turns green? It's a busy intersection and I can imagine all the drivers behind me going crazy!
Did you come to a complete stop first?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 08:58 AM

537 posts, read 1,448,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
They are still giving tickets for stops less than 3 seconds. These people are stopping. Obviously the county has been asking them to ramp it up to close a loophole or something because this camera has been there for a few years and none of these people have been ticketed before, and their driving habits haven't changed one bit.

It's a money grab and it's shameful.

What's happening at this intersection now is that some people just aren't making right turns on red because they've obviously been burned multiple times. I went through it yesterday and noticed people with turn signals on waiting for green to turn. So now we are backing traffic up..and I'm sure this is why they are ramping up tickets for very questionable incidences, because so many people are aware of it and revenue from this intersection is falling.

You or someone you know will get burned too, and then look back on your arrogance here.

I make LEGAL right on reds at plenty of camera intersections. Stewart ave and central Ave being one of them. Never got a ticket. Maybe because I am doing it LEGALLY.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ave1024 View Post
I make LEGAL right on reds at plenty of camera intersections. Stewart ave and central Ave being one of them. Never got a ticket. Maybe because I am doing it LEGALLY.

I also purposely mess with the cameras. I can get them to flash by pulling up enough to cause the camera to start flashing and taking video but I specifically stop at the point where I have to LEGALLY. In order to get you the camera needs to start flashing before you enter the intersection so they get you moving through it.

So I am likely forcing whoever to review the tape of my car, and they realize every single time I made a legal stop and legal right on red. No ticket for me.

How's that for ya?

Old 09-03-2016, 02:08 PM

8,693 posts, read 11,081,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ave1024 View Post

So I am likely forcing whoever to review the tape of my car, and they realize every single time I made a legal stop and legal right on red. No ticket for me.

How's that for ya?

you rock

Old 09-03-2016, 10:52 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
I would rather not have it flash. I stop. Count three seconds. Then I go. I wonder what that trick will be on the new speed cams coming soon to the LIE?

Old 09-04-2016, 10:48 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I would rather not have it flash. I stop. Count three seconds. Then I go. I wonder what that trick will be on the new speed cams coming soon to the LIE?

Reflective license plates probably. Off duty cops will need them because they routinely speed dangerously and you don't think they actually plan on slowing down?

Old 09-04-2016, 10:55 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Every other person on long island is a cop or fireman or gov employee. Lol. I am sure there will be a way to not ticket cops. But those plates are illegal. I can't imagine going under 55 on any of these hways

Old 09-04-2016, 07:00 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,807,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Not all lights are three seconds. The one by my house is six seconds then turn

Old 09-11-2016, 07:25 AM

93 posts, read 139,735 times
Default Red Light Camera

Review the video clip to see if you made a full stop before turning, this way you won't waste your time going to court.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
Not all lights are three seconds. The one by my house is six seconds then turn
6 seconds? Lol no. Where is this intersection. If I live nearby I'll do my normal stop and turn right just to see. There are no six second lights. Make a stop. No ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island