Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 06:16 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequadude View Post
I rest my case.

Since your case is rested, I'm happy it means there will be no more commentary and misinformation coming from you. Because...once a case is rested, there is no further argument.

HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

Oh, wait....the jury has come back with a verdict.

Who knew he could be convicted of Trolling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 08:33 AM

338 posts, read 777,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Since your case is rested, I'm happy it means there will be no more commentary and misinformation coming from you. Because...once a case is rested, there is no further argument.

HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

Oh, wait....the jury has come back with a verdict.

Who knew he could be convicted of Trolling?
awww...whats the matter? you feeling a little bitter?

Old 05-07-2011, 09:29 PM

516 posts, read 1,075,799 times
24 hours later I am still laughing about the show me on the doll post

Old 05-07-2011, 11:36 PM

5 posts, read 35,223 times
I originally got to try FIOS internet (they didn't offer the FIOS TV for businesses at the time, not sure they do now either) when it became available to me as a business customer in Massapequa, I jumped at it since CV was so unreliable for internet service and a huge amount of my business and credit card processing was done online at the time. It was the greatest thing I ever did - couldn't wait to get it at home! CV used to come in the store after I switched, trying to get me back - I told them every time to go away. I couldn't wait for it to come to East Meadow. I waited and waited and waited.....finally East Meadow was getting FIOS, but not us......dead end streets are last to get any upgrade of any kind that involves having something run like wires, pipes, etc.....ugh.

Finally our time comes -that was over two years ago. We left IO Gold with Optimum Online, Verizon Phone and Verizon Wireless to go to Verizon FIOS Triple Play with the cell phone on one bill. For the first 3 months the bill confused me, but upon calling and asking for a detailed explanation of the calculations, I understood them. There was no mistake, just some confusion. They may need to make the initial billing easier to comprehend - especially with the promotions - but that does not mean they're bad.

Since that time I have had more than 4 different CV guys on my doorstep trying to offer me whatever they can to come back. I spouted my reasons for never wanting to see CV again: constant modem resets, had to replace my HD DVR 6 times in 4 years because they kept crapping out, not offering channels that I wanted....and oh yeah, the big offender....no matter how many times CV came to my house, they could not explain to me why I could only get about 6 or 7Mbps on download, sometimes only 5. However they wouldn't do anything about it because it was still within their "acceptable range".

With FIOS so far, I have never reset anything, never replaced anything, I get the channels I wanted AND I now get 22-25Mbps on the download. The only thing each CV guy said to that was "you can get boost".....umm sure, for EXTRA MONEY!! See ya CV! RIP

Oh and P.S. for those who only use billing errors as their reason for the VZ hate - I have had many screwed up bills over the years from CV.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,586 times
That's one great thing about CV vs FIOS.

CV you pay for "up to" 15/2 or whatever it is, and you rarely hit it. Like you said, it's still "acceptable" so they don't care.

With FIOS, I pay for 25/25 and I rarely get UNDER 25/25.

Above and beyond, I say

Old 05-08-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
That's one great thing about CV vs FIOS.

CV you pay for "up to" 15/2 or whatever it is, and you rarely hit it. Like you said, it's still "acceptable" so they don't care.

With FIOS, I pay for 25/25 and I rarely get UNDER 25/25.

Above and beyond, I say
sorry, cv is alot more than that.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:30 PM

137 posts, read 249,350 times
I've just recently switched from CV to FIOS. I had the Triple Play with CV but only had basic on the TV. I rarely watch TV so it didn't matter much. I'm getting FIOS 25/25 Internet and Telephone service (no TV at all) and I'll say that so far (2 months) I'm quite pleased. Even had a short 1-hour power outage and the backup for the telephone worked perfectly.

It wasn't about the money, or even the Internet quality, Cable Internet was acceptable, though the throughput did throttle down during peak usage. I haven't honestly saved any money with switching to FIOS, in truth I'm spending about $10 more a month for the 25/25 Internet.

I switched because of CV's constantly terrible customer service I experienced over the years, and it's only gotten worse. Two weeks to return a phone call? Time and again refusing to run a new line even though the line was very old and had transmission issues when it rained? IMHO CV takes their customer base for granted. With FIOS availability increasing they're being forced to compete in areas where they've become too lazy. Customer service is one of those areas, and the ability to stream entertainment via the Internet is another. Who really needs a TV tier when streaming is available to pick & choose from. The broadband caps may sting that a bit though, we'll see in time.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:18 PM

all the verizon customers are entitled to thier opinion. ive read about a dozen stories from thier users here but that leaves how many happy cv customers that have yet to comment? Im sure there are a thousand for every one verizon customer.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:41 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,140 times
Quote:
sorry, cv is alot more than that.
Quote:
all the verizon customers are entitled to thier opinion. ive read about a dozen stories from thier users here but that leaves how many happy cv customers that have yet to comment? Im sure there are a thousand for every one verizon customer.

Well, first let me thank you for the scads of quantifiabel data.

And I'm sure you're right about there being 1000 happy cv users for each fios user.

Too bad they're too busy rebooting their modems to post about it.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Well, first let me thank you for the scads of quantifiabel data.

And I'm sure you're right about there being 1000 happy cv users for each fios user.

Too bad they're too busy rebooting their modems to post about it.

no, its more like they arent superficial and need to gloat about it like you on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island