U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 05-12-2010, 12:55 PM

5,433 posts, read 6,162,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lushizzle View Post
That's pretty funny. I'm still under 40, and currently commute back and forth to work dodging in and out of city traffic...I think I'll be okay. I'm looking for a 10 - 15 miles, not minutes, radius from east garden city.

I have a friend who lives in Plainview and he thought that would be a good fit as well. Any thoughts?
Plainview is good yeah. I think you are crazy riding all that way in the morning...but, more power to ya! I could never do that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-12-2010, 01:09 PM

15,136 posts, read 14,188,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Plainview is good yeah. I think you are crazy riding all that way in the morning...but, more power to ya! I could never do that!
If he's determined to ride a bicycle to work, be it snow, sleet, rain, etc., Plainview could definitely work.

For example, on mapquest (marking "avoid highways") he could ride down Old Country Road to the Roosevelt Field area (I used the address "300 Garden City Plaza") and it is 8.70 miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island