U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 12:49 PM

1,917 posts, read 3,020,778 times

Advertisements

It will effect us the same way removing frontline employees from other corporations effects us: poor customer service.
Increase taxes, provide less services. 1990 all over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 12:52 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,676,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
The ones who are actually very overpaid won't feel the pain and won't be affected by this. Things are very unfair in the civil service sector: some people are paid a pittance and some people are way overpaid.
Yeah, I think mostly its last IN first OUT....

Regardless, its a shame for the entire country.... that if you have a job everything seems wonderful, and if you lose your job, you are at the other extreme.... can't make monthly payments and no healthcare etc.... its just too much of a hit in the QOL if you lose your job.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:03 PM

2,923 posts, read 3,123,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
The ones who are actually very overpaid won't feel the pain and won't be affected by this. Things are very unfair in the civil service sector: some people are paid a pittance and some people are way overpaid.
Sounds like the private sector.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM

3,686 posts, read 4,521,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Is this guy kidding me?
No he is not. Actually, I can't determine who is a worse employee..the useless Social Services dolt or the useful but non-caring LIRR staff.

Once your Access-A-Rides end, you might be using the LIRR. I hope you have a good experience and enjoy the quality service.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:08 PM

7,338 posts, read 7,840,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
No he is not. Actually, I can't determine who is a worse employee..the useless Social Services dolt or the useful but non-caring LIRR staff.

Once your Access-A-Rides end, you might be using the LIRR. I hope you have a good experience and enjoy the quality service.
I don't even know what Access-A-Rides are.

Have you considered going on meds?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:13 PM

210 posts, read 258,804 times
Quote:
So how do you think this will impact Long Island when the state begins furloughing its non-essential employees.

It's about time civil servants feel the economic pain. It will be good for them.
So no civil servant has made accommodations for government's inability to balance their budgets? Really??

Old 05-11-2010, 01:20 PM

Well, could you tell me what accommodations the state employees have given?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:28 PM

15,856 posts, read 17,094,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
Yeah, I think mostly its last IN first OUT....

Regardless, its a shame for the entire country.... that if you have a job everything seems wonderful, and if you lose your job, you are at the other extreme.... can't make monthly payments and no healthcare etc.... its just too much of a hit in the QOL if you lose your job.
That reminds me of a term used by Europeans to describe the living conditions in the USA: It's a "winner take all" society ... but who cares what those know nothings living in *$$EW^%@# social democracies think! (sarcasm)

Old 05-11-2010, 01:37 PM

Oh yeah..those Europeans really know economics...I'm thinking of asking the Greek Minister of Finance to balance my checkbook.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:41 PM

2,923 posts, read 3,123,028 times
Quote:
Oh yeah..those Europeans really know economics...I'm thinking of asking the Greek Minister of Finance to balance my checkbook.
LMAO!!! Funny!
You should have the German's in to audit you as well, since they have to cough up all that support to those who excel at spending what's not theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island