Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:40 AM

152 posts, read 547,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
As much as I'd love to be positive, these teachers who are RUINING EARTH, by negotiating salaries and subjecting their budgets to PUBLIC APPROVAL are MAKING ME SO ANGRY!!!!

DESTROY TEACHERS!!!
Yes - voting no tomorrow is making me feel positive. Thanks for bringing it up~!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 09:44 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brimasa View Post
Yes - voting no tomorrow is making me feel positive. Thanks for bringing it up~!
But.. no is negative. How does negative = positive?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:00 AM

302 posts, read 590,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
But.. no is negative. How does negative = positive?
NO to a negative thing (eg. drugs, drunk driving, bloated school budgets, etc) = positve

Old 05-17-2010, 10:02 AM

152 posts, read 547,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminescent View Post
NO to a negative thing (eg. drugs, drunk driving, bloated school budgets, etc) = positve
Yes, kay. Think a little. Or maybe you're one of those parents who think saying "no" to your kids damages a the little darlings.

Saying "no" to the status quo - which no longer works here on LI - is often a positive.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:17 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,654 times
Quote:
Yes, kay. Think a little. Or maybe you're one of those parents who think saying "no" to your kids damages a the little darlings.

Saying "no" to the status quo - which no longer works here on LI - is often a positive.

Rock on, man.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:19 AM

852 posts, read 2,016,890 times
Default GDP is rising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassbin View Post
the thing is if you continue to milk the tax base the way it's been, pretty soon there will be no one left for you to milk!!!!!! what part of that don't you get??!!! the rich can and will send their kids to private schools, it's the middle class that's supporting you, and right now they are suffering, we are in the midst of a depression/deep recession, and despite what the media says we are still knee deep in it, there's massive layoffs, even the most optimistic forecast admits we will not see a employment recovery for at least 10 years, there's even talk of a double dip due to what happens in Europe
GDP is rising. The wealth is there. Tax the right people.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
I'll be voting no as well...I have no kids and I am tired of my taxes rising. I have no use for the schools.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:24 AM

487 posts, read 1,363,680 times
GDP is just measuring spending, i don't think given the debts we have, both personally and for the federal government, increasing spending, thus a rise in GDP, is a good thing

Old 05-17-2010, 10:26 AM

176 posts, read 474,531 times
you guys are all a bunch of whiney blowhards. I mean really. These people teach your children. You rather have a bigger set of tires on your F-150 pick ups or your kids attend yet one moer USELESS dancing class or fuel the gass guzzler to take your kid to another soccer practice that he despises or can't compete at. Put things in perspective people. These people have kids and responsibilities and families, houses too....and at least a good bunch of them have 4 year degrees from universities/college and a good percentage of them have masters degrees, they should be making more # that some of the people here that have none of that......how about a pool huh? hoe many of you flaming teachers actually have a college degree or 2+ years of college for that matter.....?? huh???

Old 05-17-2010, 10:42 AM

592 posts, read 1,813,628 times
SEE, THIS COULDN'T STAY POSITIVE FOR MORE THAN, WHAT 8 POSTS? I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

And, then it turns into a teaching bashing thread of all things? Be glad you can all read and write, although on second thought maybe it would be better for all of us if a certain few of you couldn't!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island