U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 09:20 AM

3,126 posts, read 2,586,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover84 View Post
When I was looking for nanny jobs recently (not anymore since I'm further into my pregnancy), I was getting very offers that were insulting. I have a degree in childhood education, 5 years experience teaching 4-6 year olds, along with 2 years overnight/morning babysitting in college, and I have a clean driving record. The people on LI were looking to pay me like 10-12/hr. No way, sorry. A high-end nanny company in Manhattan hired me a while back, but unfortunately the hours are too long considering I would need to commute to the city. They told me they had a family offering 80k a year for a 4 year old special needs boy, and they grimaced telling me this; saying, "I hope that's enough for you." Uh, hell yeah, considering families on LI are insulting me with 10/hr with my education and experience. The family ended up going with someone with more nanny experience (understandable).
to be frank, someone with your background should be employed by the uber wealthy.

I had a friend who required a nanny with a nursing degree...meaning medical background. She was willing to pay over 80k. Highly qualified should command a high salary....pretty simple
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island