Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:50 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Six of one, half dozen of the other.

I think it shows how myopic Levy is that he even thought he had a prayer of the Republican nomination in the first place. Without benefit of a huge ego, it just wouldn't be fathomable to most people to go to those they don't get along with and expect their support, which is what I'm guessing happened.

Makes no difference to me. I think Levy is an idiot.

I also don't groove on "fiscal conservativism," and I have no sympathy for the beneficiaries of it, ie., Wall Street. That's what got this entire country into the mess it's in, and frankly, I want my bailout money back.
He might have gotten it if Lazio had not already been backed.

Politics make strange bedfellows.

People are switching back and forth between parties and really, why not? Most politicians these days do not seem to hold to any of the traditional values of either party.

I have always been independent and I cannot consider myself a conservative or a liberal because I have different ideas on different issues.

PS: Your bailout money was paid back by the banks for the most part, but now is being used for the "green industry initiative" -- you know that big plan to give generous breaks to companies in green industries out of our tax money that we were told was going to create American jobs. The only problem is they (conveniently) forgot to put in a stipulation that the jobs must be created IN America, so the wind turbines, etc., are being built in China. Your bailout money is currently creating breaks for companies that create jobs in China. Gotta love that hope and change!

PPS: Aren't you glad I'm not bitter and disappointed in who I voted for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Soylent Green is people.
LOVED that movie!

Old 06-03-2010, 01:36 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,580,025 times
LOL at levy.

See Ya!

Old 06-03-2010, 02:00 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
He might have gotten it if Lazio had not already been backed.

Politics make strange bedfellows.

People are switching back and forth between parties and really, why not? Most politicians these days do not seem to hold to any of the traditional values of either party.

I have always been independent and I cannot consider myself a conservative or a liberal because I have different ideas on different issues.

PS: Your bailout money was paid back by the banks for the most part, but now is being used for the "green industry initiative" -- you know that big plan to give generous breaks to companies in green industries out of our tax money that we were told was going to create American jobs. The only problem is they (conveniently) forgot to put in a stipulation that the jobs must be created IN America, so the wind turbines, etc., are being built in China. Your bailout money is currently creating breaks for companies that create jobs in China. Gotta love that hope and change!

PPS: Aren't you glad I'm not bitter and disappointed in who I voted for?

Well, here's the thing: I worry when Democrats switch to the Republican party, just because of certain, ah, elements in the GOP, elements that they would have to cater to in order to win an election.

Oh, okay, I'll just say it. Crawl into bed with a party infested with and supported by bible-thumping, gay-bashing, anti-choice haters, wake up someone I'm not going to vote for.

Most neocons would consider me liberal. Most progressives would consider me moderate. I was actually a Republican until 2000. I left when I could no longer tolerate the intolerance of the religious reich.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:21 PM

280 posts, read 247,415 times
Quote:
Well, here's the thing: I worry when Democrats switch to the Republican party, just because of certain, ah, elements in the GOP, elements that they would have to cater to in order to win an election.

Oh, okay, I'll just say it. Crawl into bed with a party infested with and supported by bible-thumping, gay-bashing, anti-choice haters, wake up someone I'm not going to vote for.

Most neocons would consider me liberal. Most progressives would consider me moderate. I was actually a Republican until 2000. I left when I could no longer tolerate the intolerance of the religious reich.
Wow, generalize much?

Old 06-03-2010, 02:22 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofavatar1 View Post
Wow, generalize much?
Pontificate even more!!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:55 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofavatar1 View Post
Who cares that Levy changed party affiliation? His platform is all that matters.

Anyone who says that Levy changing party affiliation is a bad thing is someone too hung up on ideology and doesn't care enough about getting the job done.
My response was in reply to Avienne's less than flattering assessment of Levy switching parties. As for switching, to me it was a non issue. I've had friends run for office (judges) who have had to switch parties in order to get on the ballot; I realize that the affiliation does not dictate their policy.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:25 PM

280 posts, read 247,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I realize that the affiliation does not dictate their policy.
Meaning, you have a brain. Too bad all voters cannot be like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island