U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 11:45 AM

73 posts, read 176,035 times

Advertisements

is this a safe street for a young female to live by herself?
will appreciate your input...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 03:31 PM

787 posts, read 1,623,944 times
You need to be more specific: street address or cross street??

Old 06-13-2010, 05:31 PM

17,449 posts, read 22,965,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2000 View Post
is this a safe street for a young female to live by herself?
will appreciate your input...
In Los Feliz: YES.
In East Hollywood or Koreatown: NO.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:46 PM

122 North Kenmore... if not safe, will you explain why?
thanks

Old 06-15-2010, 02:24 AM

938 posts, read 3,570,431 times
Some definite sketchiness as you move closer towards the 101; I'd avoid that if I could. As for the part of Ktown you're moving into, though: it is one of the safer, and IMO, has the most whites/transplants (if that's what you're seeking, of course) and best residential architecture. If you could swing it, I'd say go for it.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:01 AM

17,449 posts, read 22,965,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
Some definite sketchiness as you move closer towards the 101; I'd avoid that if I could. As for the part of Ktown you're moving into, though: it is one of the safer, and IMO, has the most whites/transplants (if that's what you're seeking, of course) and best residential architecture. If you could swing it, I'd say go for it.
Beverly and St. Andrew's (one block from that address on Kenmore) is a pretty heavy drug and prostitution corner.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:17 AM

938 posts, read 3,570,431 times
Hmm..not to nitpick, but the address posted by the OP is a whole mile from there (meaning you have to pass both Normandie *and* Western to get there; I doubt she'd be walking a mile), with Google Maps putting it as a 20-minute walk. Still, though, there are some definite QOL issues in and around that area, but nothing like those in relatively close Westlake or even some of the rougher parts of EHO.

BTW, for what it's worth, here's a photo taken maybe 3 weeks ago from the area in mention:

Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 AM

294 posts, read 771,932 times
Talking Now, your not safe...

You just the posted the address.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mysterious View Post
You just the posted the address.
It is an appart complex... u have got to see the owner... almost 6 feet tall... no one would wanna mess with the guy

Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 AM

15,372 posts, read 25,586,306 times
From the picture I am noticing some nice looking buildings. That is a plus

Also noticed fences surrounding the yards from one end of the block to the other end, or at least as far as I could see. That is a negative. You need to ask why are their fences.

Also noticed that the first building had a car in the yard. Is that a parking place because on the yard would seem to be somewhat low class. Negative to me

On the wall of that first building is a for rent sign posted between the 1st and 2nd floor. That is a negative because from its location it would mean that it is not taken down much. That would lead me to belive that people don't stay long, in that building at least.

On the second building you will notice the multi colored flags. That leads me to believe that they are looking for tenents as well. Is this another building that people don't stay long in?

Not a lot of parking in the area, plenty of cars on the street. That is a negative.

The kind of cars parked. You have a work truck, a couple of vans, an suv and a pickup. I am thinking large families in small apartments. Why do you need a van unless you have lots of kids? Not that kids are a bad thing, I have 6. But then we don't live in a small apartment though. Kind of a negative to me because where will those kids be hanging out?

The grass between the street and the sidewalk is not kept up. Looks bad meaning that the city is not taking care of this part of town. Negative if you ask me. Maybe the building owner is supposed to take care of the grass. They are not doing it either, so still a negative.

Other than that everything looks great. Enjoy your new place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or