U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:18 PM

1,168 posts, read 4,298,604 times

Advertisements

As much as I want the Lakers to win, they could not win 2 back to back in the beginning of the series, so why would they be able to do it at the end. It seems the younger players on the LA team do not want it as much. The officiating has been flat out horrible, but that is a different story. The ball did not even get close to the rim and they called it Celtics ball.

On a different note, what does it take to get rid of Jeff Van Gundy, I have to constantly mute my TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 04:44 PM

9,197 posts, read 13,482,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
The Celtics have a team. The Lakers have a player.

Boston will wrap it up Tuesday.

Pbbbbbbtttttttt!! Gasol/Fish rebirth, Artest hits the offensive glass, Kobe gets it done in the fourth. Lakers wipe up in the seventh.

Boston = p.u.t.o.s.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:45 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,831,336 times
I haven't seen an update on Odom. If he really has the flu that isn't good but sometimes the press calls a (head)cold the flu.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:39 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,280,625 times
I said before the series started that the Lakers would win it and I still say that. This is NOT 2008 where Boston has the luxury of having games 6 and 7 at home. I've been following the Lakers since 1986 although not as much the last couple years but I just think that Kobe Bryant won't allow the Lakers to lose again. He knows the importance of the situation. Who cares about his legacy and all that other stuff? Kobe just wants to win, no matter who the Lakers play. For Kobe the bottom line is winning and even if he doesn't get his 5th title this year, he is still one of the game's great players. I think the Lakers win tonight in Game 6. Besides, in a couple years the Celtics will be not as good a team while the Lakers will be competitive. I personally think all the talk about a great legacy and comparisons to Magic Johnson are just nothing more than talk to distract people in this country from what the real issues are. It is just a game.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 PM

7,413 posts, read 7,840,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
I said before the series started that the Lakers would win it and I still say that. This is NOT 2008 where Boston has the luxury of having games 6 and 7 at home. I've been following the Lakers since 1986 although not as much the last couple years but I just think that Kobe Bryant won't allow the Lakers to lose again. He knows the importance of the situation. Who cares about his legacy and all that other stuff? Kobe just wants to win, no matter who the Lakers play. For Kobe the bottom line is winning and even if he doesn't get his 5th title this year, he is still one of the game's great players. I think the Lakers win tonight in Game 6. Besides, in a couple years the Celtics will be not as good a team while the Lakers will be competitive. I personally think all the talk about a great legacy and comparisons to Magic Johnson are just nothing more than talk to distract people in this country from what the real issues are. It is just a game.
It's the 4th quarter w/ 9 minutes more to play so it is conceivable that the Celtics could catch up. But that is very unlikely. Actually I don't get it! What happened to Boston? Doesn't make sense that they would play so poorly considering their performance in games 4 & 5.

Thursday night is it!!! Shannon Brown is unreal!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 PM

13,946 posts, read 13,588,503 times
They did it!!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:39 PM

787 posts, read 1,625,206 times
With game 6 won decisively by the Lakers....I still have to ask the question:
do you feel the win was legit, given the 1st Quarter injury to Perkins?

I ask the question as a lifetime Laker fan. Yes, Lakers won big, were ahead and on a run when Perkins went down, and have been playing with an injured Bynum the whole series. Ok, maybe I just answered my own question.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 PM

7,413 posts, read 7,840,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
With game 6 won decisively by the Lakers....I still have to ask the question:
do you feel the win was legit, given the 1st Quarter injury to Perkins?

I ask the question as a lifetime Laker fan. Yes, Lakers won big, were ahead and on a run when Perkins went down, and have been playing with an injured Bynum the whole series. Ok, maybe I just answered my own question.
You did! Bynum's injury could still cost the Lakers a victory on Thursday. Perkins is half the player Bynum is. Look at the stats:
Perkins: NBA.com : Kendrick Perkins Info Page

Bynum: NBA.com : Andrew Bynum Info Page

The Lakers are the underdogs who could very well stomp Boston!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:17 PM

787 posts, read 1,625,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You did! Bynum's injury could still cost the Lakers a victory on Thursday. Perkins is half the player Bynum is. Look at the stats:
Perkins: NBA.com : Kendrick Perkins Info Page

Bynum: NBA.com : Andrew Bynum Info Page

The Lakers are the underdogs who could very well stomp Boston!

Good post with the individual stats and good point!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:49 PM

2,318 posts, read 6,846,450 times
Lakers FTW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles