U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,367,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I don't mind that he's out. It increases the probability of the Lakers winning. But...I don't think it makes a huge difference. His backups are just about as good and I think they are better outside shooters. It may actually work in the celtics favor.
perkins is not that consistant so idk why laker fans think they really won this and the game has not even started yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
I wish that were NOT the case because:
1) Never good to see a starting player go out;

and 2) I don't want to hear Celtic fans use that as an excuse for losing (assuming the Lakers win).
whoa excuse me mr hypocrite, if i am not mistaken , every pathetic laker fan used bynums injury as a lost to the celtics in 2008.

take your double standard talk out of here.

and i really don't know what the big talk of bynum is really. he scored 21 points in game 2, which was his highest, and was playing the most minutes in that game yet lakers still lost in staples

so i have come to a conclusion that lakers overrate bynum so they can use him as a excuse for every L they take

Old 06-16-2010, 09:07 PM

7,413 posts, read 7,831,219 times
There's no credibility to the argument that a team won because the opposing team had injuries. Injuries are part of all sports and certainly by the time teams meet in final play, injuries are factored in as normal. The Lakers never accused the Celtics as being undeserving during the 2008 finals just because Bynum was injured. He is injured again and may only play a few minutes tomorrow night like he did last night. If some Celtic fans try to use the excuse that Perkins' injury is why the Lakers will win the championship than that is illogical\ absurd as well.

The series is even 3 wins each and now these teams play the final game tomorrow night in Los Angeles. The team who plays the hardest and has the best accuracy will win. For Laker fans we feel good that the momentum favors LA and the game is being played at Staples Center.

This is a classic sports match-up in America that goes back decades. Part of the reason the Lakers & fans hate the Celtics is how poorly Boston treats opposing sports teams playing in their town. The rowdy and almost criminal behavior of some Boston fans [ie. throwing rocks and shaking the bus that transports the Lakes to and from the Garden] in 2008 was extensively aired on television and the disgrace to Boston was embarrassing to many Boston residents. To my knowledge there was only one incident where a Celtic fan was roughed up in Staples Center.

Some Laker fans go berserk when they win championships and riot by turning over police cars. But they don't attack the Celtic players. That is uncouth and a Boston behavior not found in Los Angeles.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
There's no credibility to the argument that a team won because the opposing team had injuries. Injuries are part of all sports and certainly by the time teams meet in final play, injuries are factored in as normal. The Lakers never accused the Celtics as being undeserving during the 2008 finals just because Bynum was injured. He is injured again and may only play a few minutes tomorrow night like he did last night. If some Celtic fans try to use the excuse that Perkins' injury is why the Lakers will win the championship than that is illogical\ absurd as well.

The series is even 3 wins each and now these teams play the final game tomorrow night in Los Angeles. The team who plays the hardest and has the best accuracy will win. For Laker fans we feel good that the momentum favors LA and the game is being played at Staples Center.

This is a classic sports match-up in America that goes back decades. Part of the reason the Lakers & fans hate the Celtics is how poorly Boston treats opposing sports teams playing in their town. The rowdy and almost criminal behavior of some Boston fans [ie. throwing rocks and shaking the bus that transports the Lakes to and from the Garden] in 2008 was extensively aired on television and the disgrace to Boston was embarrassing to many Boston residents. To my knowledge there was only one incident where a Celtic fan was roughed up in Staples Center.

Some Laker fans go berserk when they win championships and riot by turning over police cars. But they don't attack the Celtic players. That is uncouth and a Boston behavior not found in Los Angeles.
nice try smarty pants but on tru tv they showed l.a fans in either 2008 or 2009 rioting the whole downtown L.A so i wouldnt talk.

and no they did not ruff up the celtics fan they jumped all over him.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,779,498 times
Quote:
The rowdy and almost criminal behavior of some Boston fans [ie. throwing rocks and shaking the bus that transports the Lakes to and from the Garden] in 2008 was extensively aired on television and the disgrace to Boston was embarrassing to many Boston residents. .
That happened to the Lakers in 1984 too.
"After that game, a group of Celtics fans rocked the Lakers’ bus and threw trash as the players tried to make their unhappy exit.

“It was frightening,” Johnson recalled in Jackie MacMullan’s book “When the Game Was Ours.” “Our nerves were shot to begin with because of the devastating loss and now everyone is freaking out because we were surrounded and we couldn’t go anywhere. We had no choice. We had to sit there and take it.” "
from

Game 7 Familiar to Celtics and Lakers, but Not to Players - NYTimes.com

I think about that every time I'm stuck in LA traffic behind some dude with a boston celtics or ny yankees bumper sticker on his car.

Of course, what might happen in downtown if the Lakers win tomorrow?

LAPD to be out in force for Lakers-Celtics championship game [Updated] | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Last edited by Charles; 06-16-2010 at 09:30 PM..

Old 06-16-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
That happened to the Lakers in 1984 too.
"After that game, a group of Celtics fans rocked the Lakers’ bus and threw trash as the players tried to make their unhappy exit.

“It was frightening,” Johnson recalled in Jackie MacMullan’s book “When the Game Was Ours.” “Our nerves were shot to begin with because of the devastating loss and now everyone is freaking out because we were surrounded and we couldn’t go anywhere. We had no choice. We had to sit there and take it.” "
from

Game 7 Familiar to Celtics and Lakers, but Not to Players - NYTimes.com

I think about that every time I'm stuck in LA traffic behind some dude with a boston celtics or ny yankees bumper sticker on his car.

Of course, what might happen in downtown if the Lakers win tomorrow?

LAPD to be out in force for Lakers-Celtics championship game [Updated] | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

i wouldnt be suprised if celtics are up by 7 with 39 secs remain and all the laker hollywood fans jump in the game and get the game canceled.

if that were to ever happen the championship should not go neither team , cause luck has always been in lakers favor in situation.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
nice try smarty pants but on tru tv they showed l.a fans in either 2008 or 2009 rioting the whole downtown L.A so i wouldnt talk.

and no they did not ruff up the celtics fan they jumped all over him.
I already pointed out that some thug Lakers fans who gathered after the 2009 victory began to tear up property. They were drunk and out-of-control but took out their energy on property or police cars. Not the opposing team. To my knowledge there has never been an incident where Laker fans block the bus of the opposing team and throw trash. That is a Boston behavior that only shows lack of respect for their own team [ie, the Celtic organization apologized and Celtic team members condemned the thoughtless conduct of their own fans].

Boston seems obsessed with winning sports and even when they do win they still take out their frustration on opposing teams especially the Lakers. Historically there is a racial element also. The Laker players were heavily black during a time that the Celtics were mostly a white team [during the 1960's & 1970's]. So in addition to being uncouth the Boston fans have also been a bit racist.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I already pointed out that some thug Lakers fans who gathered after the 2009 victory began to tear up property. They were drunk and out-of-control but took out their energy on property or police cars. Not the opposing team. To my knowledge there has never been an incident where Laker fans block the bus of the opposing team and throw trash. That is a Boston behavior that only shows lack of respect for their own team [ie, the Celtic organization apologized and Celtic team members condemned the thoughtless conduct of their own fans].

Boston seems obsessed with winning sports and even when they do win they still take out their frustration on opposing teams especially the Lakers. Historically there is a racial element also. The Laker players were heavily black during a time that the Celtics were mostly a white team [during the 1960's & 1970's]. So in addition to being uncouth the Boston fans have also been a bit racist.
seems like your making huge excuses?

laker fans riot point blank , maybe boston didnt want to riot their own so they went after the enemy.

rioting is wrong point blank and whoever does it is a lame, so stop making l.a look better u hollywood actor.

as for your racist chant about boston that racist chant doesnt co exist anymore. actually funny story right after game 5 nba.com put a article on how boston has improved on the racial busness.

so stop hating please. nothing worse then a laker fan.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
i wouldnt be suprised if celtics are up by 7 with 39 secs remain and all the laker hollywood fans jump in the game and get the game canceled.

if that were to ever happen the championship should not go neither team , cause luck has always been in lakers favor in situation.
I find it funny that the Boston Globe always has extensive photos of Hollywood celebrities at Staples Center. It's like they 'go ga ga' over movie stars. In LA, no one pays any attention to the number of celebrities in the audience since it is so common. It think Boston is a bit less sophisticated.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:49 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,779,498 times
Even though I always hated the celtics, back in the 1980s I admired them because they didn't have cheer leaders, they wore black shoes, and they had a reputation of playing fundamental basketball.

That's all changed.

Now, they're just another team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles